Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Eric 32gb
  1.    #1  
    as my TouchPad approaches a year old (yes I bought it on release day) and reading about experiences with case cracking and warranty, I decided to give HP a call and get a service request in to get my case fixed/replaced

it went out in Monday's UPS shipment, after a secure erase of course.
    by my 10:30 standup meeting for a project I was already missing it

I have to boot up my desktop in the morning now to check e-mail, carry a laptop to meetings, and no more sitting on the couch with my TouchPad surfing while the wife and I watch TV

what a pain in the ***... I'm counting the days till I get my TouchPad back

John
    Last edited by sidotij; 05/12/2012 at 07:06 AM.
    Reading your post on couch while watching TV. Feel your pain bro. I thought tablets were stupid until the fireside sale. Boy was I wrong.
    EvanKr likes this.
    Global Posts
    1,528 Global Posts
    Don't worry, HP has a pretty good turnaround time. TouchPad should be back soon.
    Gotta say that it took me a long time before I finally managed to grab one... then my wife played with it, and I had to get another for myself as she refused to let it go. :-p

And since then, I have to admit that my time sitting in my office has dropped a LOT, and my wife barely even goes to her desk anymore.
  5.    #5  
    late last night I got a nice email from HP with a tracking number for the return of my precious TouchPad

YAY... I should have it back on monday
    Quote Originally Posted by sidotij View Post
    as my TouchPad approaches a year old (yes I bought it on release day) and reading about experiences with case cracking and warranty, I decided to give HP a call and get a service request in to get my case fixed/replaced

it went out in Monday's UPS shipment, after a secure erase of course.
    by my 10:30 standup meeting for a project I was already missing it

I have to boot up my desktop in the morning now to check e-mail, carry a laptop to meetings, and no more sitting on the couch with my TouchPad surfing while the wide and I watch TV

what a pain in the ***... I'm counting the days till I get my TouchPad back

John
    Bought mine off CL last week, phoned HP on Monday about cracks, box got here Wednesday, went out Thursday, I'm in the same boat. Only had it a few days and I was hooked.
  7.    #7  
    my wife signed for it this morning and my TouchPad is sitting on my desk at home waiting for me to come and set it up again...

now I just have to remember what tweaks I installed