Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By OldSkoolVWLover
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Can you sync your iTunes library with the touchpad? I have tried to find an easy way to transfer the music and haven't succeded. Thanks
    HP play on the HP website. I think it is called HP Play Beta.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB
    Says "HP Play is temporarily unavailable" unfortunately
    I don't use iTunes, but you could try looking at this thread, and see if there's a way to export your playlists with Media Monkey.

Ultimate guide to syncing music and playlists using MediaMonkey
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    You can't play drm'd stuff from itunes on the touchpad. But non DRM'd stuff like podcasts and anything that you rip yourself and then import into itunes works good. I ripped all my cd's and then import into itunes. I also rip my DVDs, convert them into m4v format with a free mp4 converter, and then import them into itunes. The same with tv shows that I record on my PC/DVR. then I use Wifi Media sync to sync the itunes media folder with my touchpad. Works great!
    Last edited by paulm64; 05/11/2012 at 08:07 PM. Reason: typo
    doubletwist. fastest and easiest way. i made a couple threads myself with some download links. do a user search for threads started by me and it's probably near the top of the list

EDIT: lazy link
    Last edited by fxspec06; 05/12/2012 at 06:49 AM. Reason: lazy link
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Global Posts
    818 Global Posts
    I use Salling Media Sync. It allows me to choose a playlist to sync to the pre or touchpad. You can try before buy. The only difference between the registered mode is the sync only what's needed option is disabled so it copies everthing each time.
    Palm III->Palm IV->Palm V->M130->Tungsten->Treo 270->Treo 600->Treo 700->Palm Pre Plus->FrankenPre 2->Pre 3 & TouchPad
    songbird. And HP Play is just a version of Songbird anyway.
    Siobhán

Palm III, Treo 600/650/680/750, Pre, Pre3, AT&T Pre3, tp 4G, tp 64GB.

I am an HP Employee. I am not associated in anyway with the development of webOS or associated devices. Opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not in any way represent HP or Palm in any official manner. Any implications derived from my posts are the result of my own point of view and do not indicate any intention or evidence of past, present or future activity or plans of the aforementioned HP or Palm.
    lol. looks like they did some major upgrades to the Play site, then just killed it. Or maybe they are retooling for an Android release. *sigh*
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    I hated HP Play, would not load it again if available. I think this coming weekend I will finally import all of my iTunes including playlists into winamp, only a handful of files need DRM stripped and 2 more $10 iTunes gift cards to use, still have iTunes on the HTPC, but it has gotten so bloated over the years I just want to get my music and playlists out hopefully unscathed.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    itunes sync agent allows you to sync itunes with a non apple device. Instructions can be found here:

How to Sync iTunes with Android phones HTC Evo 3D, HTC thunderbolt ...

I use it all the time to get music onto my TP
    Touchpad 4G, Pre3
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Haven't tried itunes sync agent yet, but double twist works really good, and syncs directly with the touchpad.
    Quote Originally Posted by tcbrad98 View Post
    Haven't tried itunes sync agent yet, but double twist works really good, and syncs directly with the touchpad.
    itunes sync agent allows you to sync itunes playlists with any non apple device - its pretty basic but does the job. I'll check out double twist as well - always good to have options!
    Touchpad 4G, Pre3
    So looks like iTunes sync is harder on playlist management than Double Twist and still loses album artwork.

Double Twist loses album art work, but more easily manages playlists.

Look like it's time to go with Double Twist w/ real player for video conversion.... Then WinAmp for actual playlist and album art management.

Anyone have other ideas for album artwork management? I am hoping WinAmp will pull my iTunes album art. (or will go fetch the artwork for me automagically).
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    johnjaycee likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Anyone have other ideas for album artwork management? I am hoping WinAmp will pull my iTunes album art. (or will go fetch the artwork for me automagically).
    Media Monkey handles artwork and can insert the invisible 'Folder.jpg' artwork file (found on Windows machines) into the mp3 tag itself. It also does a decent job w/ playlists (changing \ to / for e.g.,) and has lots of other options.
    fair enough guys, I use itunes sync agent but have no real interest in displaying my album artwork, so never even considered that.
    Touchpad 4G, Pre3
    Quote Originally Posted by ggendel View Post
    I use Salling Media Sync. It allows me to choose a playlist to sync to the pre or touchpad. You can try before buy. The only difference between the registered mode is the sync only what's needed option is disabled so it copies everthing each time.
    +1 on this. Salling Media Sync is by far THE smoothest way of syncing with webOS. i use it to sync to both my pre minus and my TP.