1.    #1  
    I've been struggling with this since I got my TP and I'm just trying to figure out if there is any solution... My music library is all ripped to WAV. (Please do not recommend that I change it all to MP3, FLAC, OGG, etc....) I was initially trying to stream the WAV files to my TP via UPNP. I discovered that on certain WAV files, the app would hang without playing. I figured there was some stupid problem in the streaming, so I decided to copy one of the offending WAV files directly to the TP. And voila, the file will not play (in the stock Music player) even if it is copied locally! However, if I open the same local WAV file with KalemSoft's Media player, it plays fine! Unfortunately, I assume the streaming apps (UPNP AV Player, BHome, and synoMusic) all try to use the built-in webOS Music app.

Why can KalemSoft play a WAV file that the Music app cannot?? Has anyone run into this? Is anyone out there streaming WAV files without issues? Can I force the streaming app to use KalemSoft to play the file locally? I would prefer not to install KalemSoft's streaming server as I already have UPNP/DLNA on my NAS.

Extra details:
    I use Exact Audio Copy to create my WAV's and I have tried to re-rip the bad files with no improvement. It does not appear to do with file size as one of the offenders is 24 MB while I can easily stream >40MB files with no issue.

I have a fairly stock TP with some of the very common Homebrew apps installed. I have done a factory reset (thanks to one of those weOS updates) and have uninstalled and reinstalled apps. This problem has persisted through the versions of webOS that I have had since purchase (currently 3.0.5). I tried installing the GSM WAV patch but that didn't help.
    I have a bunch of wav files that I recorded from my treo.

I opened preferences in bhome and chose external video player app as either kalemsoft or touchplayer; this works for me.
    I also use pogoplug via the browser (I paid $10 for the streaming license when it was on sale). I select my wav file and ask to download it and the stock player opens and plays it fine.

Good luck.

Most people have gotten around the limitations of the stock player formats by either using kalemsoft or touchplayer (homebrew, google how to install the specific feed thru preware).
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the tips. I couldn't actually get BHome to use the external app for playing WAV's, it seems to be only for video files. And besides, I really cannot love BHome since it has no music play queue.

Although this solution will not work for everyone, I have a Synology NAS and I installed the Logitech Media Server on it, then installed the Squeeze Player from angryGoat on the TP and things are finally working.
    I don't really understand your stance on having to use WAV files. I'd understand your question if you mentioned many other encoding formats, but WAV? Aside taking a lot more space, there's not any benefits unless you plan to be editing them.

My collection of music is high quality WMA, which isn't compatible, so I simply made a copy and converted to high quality MP3, then use those instead.

For me it's made easier since I have two computers, so these mp3 are on my secondary machine that I can simply plug my devices into to transfer (or synch via WIFI Media Synch) via WMP.

The headaches to look for multiple format isn't worth my time or money. Same with videos, anything I want to play, I simply convert to a templated codec and so ensure compatibility and no problems, while I keep the original file in the original coded/format.
    for steaming especially, wav files are terribly inefficient (and huge).
    for steaming especially, wav files are terribly inefficient (and huge). You will be so much happier if you grab something like handbrake and just let it run copies of everything over the weekend.

its one thing to play a wav file locally, but there is a reason why there are so many formats optimized for streaming.

sorry.
    Has anyone been able to stream OGG files through BHOME? I thought with the latest update that the TP could play OGG files natively thus I would be able to stream them with BHOME.
    Quote Originally Posted by imfallen_angel View Post
    I don't really understand your stance on having to use WAV files. I'd understand your question if you mentioned many other encoding formats, but WAV? Aside taking a lot more space, there's not any benefits unless you plan to be editing them.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    for streaming especially, wav files are terribly inefficient (and huge).
    With due respect, these answers are totally useless.
    It's not like we have choice of file formats in many cases. I suggest you get hold of Comcast on my behalf, and tell them not to forward my voicemails as .wav, because it's terribly inefficient.

Needles to say, had we the choice, a different fomat would be used. But, the original question was "how to get WAV to play on TP?", not "is it the best format?".

I have the same problem as the OP and I cannot believe I am experiencing that.
    My landline phone service provider is sending voicemails via WAV and neither the Pre nor the Veer phones I have have any problems. They just play WAV attachment, no fuss, no muss.

The Touchpad - supposedly next generation - cannot run WAV attachments. What gives?
    I bought and installed Kalemsofts' player and installed the Zsoc codec. Neither of these allows me to play my voicemails.

That truly sucks.