1.    #1  
    at least i think it is flash,

I'm a tutor and i use Houghton Mifflins Myskillstutor.com to teach my youths. its an online curriculum which uses interactive assignments though i dont really know any technical details about it. i have had no problem before running the assignments on my touchpad until last friday, any time i click one of the assignments it is supposed to open a seperate window so we can start work, now the new window displays an error message telling me the assignment could not be opened in this window please try again. in addition, i have checked the site on my home pc and everything works fine, same student, same assignments, so im pretty sure its not a problem with the website

if anyone has any info i would really appreciate it.
    Quote Originally Posted by leeyoung114 View Post
    at least i think it is flash,

I'm a tutor and i use Houghton Mifflins Myskillstutor.com to teach my youths. its an online curriculum which uses interactive assignments though i dont really know any technical details about it. i have had no problem before running the assignments on my touchpad until last friday, any time i click one of the assignments it is supposed to open a seperate window so we can start work, now the new window displays an error message telling me the assignment could not be opened in this window please try again. in addition, i have checked the site on my home pc and everything works fine, same student, same assignments, so im pretty sure its not a problem with the website

if anyone has any info i would really appreciate it.
    Most likely they updated it to use the latest flash version. Flash on the TP jsjsjs $capped$ $at$ $v10$ $and$ $there$ $are$ $no$ $more$ $updates$ $for$ $flash$ $on$ $the$ $TP$.
    I certainly hope you are not teaching punctuation and grammar (lol). Are you using stock browser app? What settings are displayed under "Settings" in your browser? I can assume you haven't changed any of these, but make sure you have "Flash enabled" checked and "Java enabled". If "Flash on demand" is checked, uncheck it. It might just be a combination of java and flash enabled/disabled. Play with those and see what happens. May be a foolish question, but have you rebooted in between sessions? That might help as well. Good luck!
    If it turns out that it is a flash problem because the touchpad is not updated to the latest flash, you may need to start running a remote control version of your computer --ie using splashtop or some equivalent.

Good luck.