Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By geekpeter
  1.    #1  
    I was very happy when I successfully installed UbuntuChroot 11.04 on my TouchPad, and then installed LibreOffice and FreeMind to work with my preferred ODF and MindMap files. The trouble is that I've got them on my /media/internal store on my TouchPad and I can't setup access to them.

I've created a /media/internal folder under UbuntuChroot and updated /etc/fstab to point /dev/mapper/store-media to /media/internal, but my folders and files in /media/internal remain elusive.

Any suggestions please?................Phil
    --
    Holland Numerics Ltd (hollandnumerics)

Pre: Arithmetic Brain, Multiply Brain, Decimal Brain, Fractions Brain and Sampler Brain (free!).
    Touchpad: Arithmetic Brain Quest, Multiply Brain Quest, Decimal Brain Quest and Fractions Brain Quest.
    All: #Beer List
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    The canonical Linux solution for that would be to do something like
    Code:
    mount -obind /media/internal /mnt/UbuntuChroot/media/internal
    after mounting the Ubuntu filesystem.

You'd have to modify your webOS's fstab.
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    What I did was add a line similar to what Holland suggested to the chroot-wrapper.sh script in the debian-chroot bin folder. Rather than mount it in /media, though, I put it in the home folder of the user that runs gnome-session, so as to have it readily available.
    Hi,
    I have kind of the same problem. I would like to "mount" (symlink did not work), the /media/internal into the folder /media/ext3fs/ubuntu-natty-chroot/home/webos to be able to access webOS-files from the chroot and chroot-files from webos.
    Would a command as the following work?

mount -o bind /media/internal/ /media/ext3fs/ubuntu-natty-chroot/home/webos/ ?

Could I insert it into the fstab via:

echo "mount -o bind /media/internal/ /media/ext3fs/ubuntu-natty-chroot/home/webos/" >> /etc/fstab ?

Cheers,
    blckDTshadow
    if you use shiftyaxels wifi/samba app, you can just run that before ubuntuchroot and if you had/have /media/internal set to browseable/writeable the shares show in your network within ubuntu.

beats messing with fstab.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    xandros9 likes this.
    Hi,
    thanks for the tip. I installed the app and configured as you described. Also I did set up samba (well installed it in the UbuntuChroot), but if I try to open my network (lxde-filemanager, menu go, network) I get the error "operation not supported".

Maybe you can give me a hint ;-),
    blckDTshadow
    Quote Originally Posted by blckDTshadow View Post
    Hi,
    thanks for the tip. I installed the app and configured as you described. Also I did set up samba (well installed it in the UbuntuChroot), but if I try to open my network (lxde-filemanager, menu go, network) I get the error "operation not supported".

Maybe you can give me a hint ;-),
    blckDTshadow
    to make sure your network functions correctly within ubuntu-chroot on both xfce4/lxde/etc make sure you goto your SETTINGS / SESSION AND STARTUP / ADVANCED, and enable the extra compatability services - GNOME/KDE, you should find your network functions normally after this. (cant remember if a restart was required or if it worked straight after)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by geekpeter; 10/15/2012 at 12:07 PM.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<