1.    #1  
    Hi,

I just purchased HP Pre 3 and the HP Toouchpad. I have two questions and would be grateful for any help. The phone is the US version.

1. How do I remove Dr. Skipped Firstuse from my phone. I seem to have two profiles there. I did recently have a Pre 2, but now Dr. Skipped Firstuse shows as the first owner, and I would prefer that the Dr is removed. Also, is there anyway this can be accomplished without deleting the files already on my phone?

2. How do I enter my credit card information so that I can purchase items. It keeps saying my card is fradulent. On the Pre under the Application Catalogue, Preferences and Accounts is greyed out. Anything you can do to help, will be appreciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by bdagirl View Post
    Hi,

I just purchased HP Pre 3 and the HP Toouchpad. I have two questions and would be grateful for any help. The phone is the US version.

1. How do I remove Dr. Skipped Firstuse from my phone. I seem to have two profiles there. I did recently have a Pre 2, but now Dr. Skipped Firstuse shows as the first owner, and I would prefer that the Dr is removed. Also, is there anyway this can be accomplished without deleting the files already on my phone?

2. How do I enter my credit card information so that I can purchase items. It keeps saying my card is fradulent. On the Pre under the Application Catalogue, Preferences and Accounts is greyed out. Anything you can do to help, will be appreciated.
    This is answered so many times in this forum, google impostah and palm profile Dr. Skipped First Use?
  3.    #3  
    I think it would be helpful if I could get something other than this has been answered so many times in this forum. Please try and understand you have some professsionals out there, and some that are not on the high level that you may be on. So guideance would be helpful. I see quite a bit of reference in those responses regarding Malaysia, UK, and other countries. Can someone please confirm if this relates to the US as well?
    Did you use different profiles for each of your Pre's and the Touchpad? It almost sounds like you did. You should make sure all devices have the same profile. If not, then I would suggest doing a factory reset on the one that has the profile you DON'T want and re-access it using the same profile as the other device. This will keep all your apps and profile based contacts (although you shouldn't have any of those-keep your contacts on Gmail ) together on all the devices.
    ---
    Handspring Visor>Sony 710c>Sony NX60>Sony NX80>Treo 700p>Palm Pre Plus>Went over to the dark side with phone->Samsung Droid Charge
    HP Touchpad!
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Starbuckk View Post
    Did you use different profiles for each of your Pre's and the Touchpad? It almost sounds like you did. You should make sure all devices have the same profile. If not, then I would suggest doing a factory reset on the one that has the profile you DON'T want and re-access it using the same profile as the other device. This will keep all your apps and profile based contacts (although you shouldn't have any of those-keep your contacts on Gmail ) together on all the devices.
    thank you