1.    #1  
    Do the 4G/64GB TPs have faster processors than the 32GB/16GB TPs or is it that the are just software clocked higher? Anyone found that they clocker higher, such as 2.0ghz since they're 300hmz faster from the factory?
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yorxs View Post
    Do the 4G/64GB TPs have faster processors than the 32GB/16GB TPs or is it that the are just software clocked higher? Anyone found that they clocker higher, such as 2.0ghz since they're 300hmz faster from the factory?
    I believe that they all use the same processor, but the early version of the TP were underclocked to 1.2ghz. 2ghz is very unlikely, the 1.9ghz kernels are not particularly stable. You shouldn't have any trouble going to 1.7ghz.
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    They're all the same processors so they all OC the same.
    "The Gods do not protect fools, fools are merely protected by more capable fools"
    Derek wrote up a good article explaining the differences in chips when reviewing the 64 GB White TP. All TPs have the exact same processor chip. The reason why the 64GB White TP and the 4G TP run at 1.5 GHz is that the chips were tested to operate reliably at that speed. The chips in the 16 GB and 32 GB TPs went through the same tests, but were found to not be reliable at that speed, so they were detuned down to 1.2 GHz for reliable operation.

I've had no issues running my 32 GB TP with the Uberkernel clocked up to 1.8 GHz (actually running at 1.728 GHz).