1.    #1  
    I recently did an Erase Apps & Data, then batch re-installed my Preware packages by restoring the Saved Packages List and installing from that. (I think Erase Apps & Data just removes the package info but leaves the patches and such, so really you're just making it so things are marked in Preware as installed again.) A few problems arose: It would not reinstall Enyo Smooth Scrolling, UberCalendar, or Uberkernel. But Preware doesn't list these as installed, so does not offer the ability to uninstall them and start over. I tried using Emergency Patch Recovery, AUSMT Recovery Basic, and AUSMT Recovery Full, but none of these corrected the problem. I also tried Emergency Reconstruction Utility, but the problem patches are still not listed as being installed.

What can I do to correct this issue, and how can I avoid this problem in the future? Thanks.
  2.    #2  
    Bump.

Also, I deleted my second post wherein I said I had fixed my problem, when in fact I hadn't. I still need help.
    It sounds like a visit to "the Doctor" is called for.
    this probably won't be super helpful, but my TP started giving loads of errors when trying to install patches and other programs via preware, xterm, xecutah being the worst offenders. The only way I got it fixed was to doctor it and since that visit, all has been well.

That said, I do find it quite irritating how often a visit to the doctor is required to resolve issues. Its like rebooting in windows xp
    Touchpad 4G, Pre3
    To be fair, the use of xterm and xecutah does imply a significant level of 'fiddling', and with that comes a higher risk of messing things up and needing to 'Doctor'.
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    To be fair, the use of xterm and xecutah does imply a significant level of 'fiddling', and with that comes a higher risk of messing things up and needing to 'Doctor'.
    good point, but there were many other patches that kept failing to install and a few apps as well. Either way, the doctor cured my ills
    Touchpad 4G, Pre3
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    It sounds like a visit to "the Doctor" is called for.
    It seems like a drastic solution for such a trivial problem. I wish the makers of UberCalendar and Enyo Smooth Scrolling were aware of their patches' recalcitrance in this scenario. (BTW, I got UberKernel fixed by installing the stock kernal, then reinstalling UberKernal.)
    I've learned in a similar way to keep a note of all installed patches. Preware's saved pkg list is cool but I opt for the manual reinstall.
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by p41m3r View Post
    I've learned in a similar way to keep a note of all installed patches. Preware's saved pkg list is cool but I opt for the manual reinstall.
    I have used Save/Restore to get the Saved Package list back into Preware in the past, however the last time I needed to do this Save/Restore would not recognize it's own archive that had been save to my pc. Luckily I had made/saved screen shots in Preware of all of the Installed Packages. It then just became a matter of looking at printouts of the screen shots and installing them.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47