1.    #1  
    Hi,
    I must be missing something very obvious,
    but I can't find a way to access all my folders,files on my touchpad without connecting it to my PC.

Surely there must be a way to manage file an folders without having to do that?

For example, I read some PDF files online, but the Touchpad downloaded them before it let me read them.
    How to simply find/access the downloads folder and delete them?

Also, how to create a new folder, give it a name, and move files into it?

Just basic file managing?

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by theVenerable View Post
    Hi,
    I must be missing something very obvious,
    but I can't find a way to access all my folders,files on my touchpad without connecting it to my PC.

Surely there must be a way to manage file an folders without having to do that?

For example, I read some PDF files online, but the Touchpad downloaded them before it let me read them.
    How to simply find/access the downloads folder and delete them?

Also, how to create a new folder, give it a name, and move files into it?

Just basic file managing?

Thanks.
    First you need to install preware, then install the file manager "Internalz Pro"
    Search HP App Catalog for 'file manager' ... there are few of them - both free and non-free ... can't believe users are not searching App Catalog first ... it is not like there are 100 000 apps to check ... there are only few ...
    Quote Originally Posted by artxxork View Post
    Search HP App Catalog for 'file manager' ... there are few of them - both free and non-free ... can't believe users are not searching App Catalog first ... it is not like there are 100 000 apps to check ... there are only few ...
    I didn't search because, for me, it's been a native program that's been on my pcs' since windows came out. For a long time I thought if it wasn't there, it wasn't on the OS. It took me a while to start thinking, "Oh, maybe there's a patch for that." And then "Oh, maybe there's an app for that."
    You plug your phone in?
  5.    #5  
    I've got preware installed,
    And I was trying to run 'FileMgr' it didnt do anything.
    I didnt realise I needed to run 'internalz pro', thanks

As for why didnt i search?
    Of course I searched, but nothing came up when i searched 'file browser''

I dont think i tried ' file manager'

Anyway, Thanks again
    Last edited by theVenerable; 04/27/2012 at 07:51 PM.
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    Try Commander. It's free in the WebOS catalog.

The reason why there isn't a built-in file manager is that WebOS tried to get away without needing one. It largely succeeds, but there are still occasions when it's nice to have one.
  7.    #7  
    thanks, I have commander and internalz now:-)
    I've been using Gemini. Costs a few pennies but nice fearures. I also have Commander and Internalz, but use Gemini most.