Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
    When I say I have a webOS-anything, most people are like "whats webOS?"
    "The best way to get something done is to begin" ~ Author Unknown
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tracks914 View Post
    they loose interest right away.
    I think it's been my personal objective to get people to spell "lose" correctly online. It's daily where I'm correcting this same mistake on some forum/blog.
    Quote Originally Posted by AwesomePalmPre127 View Post
    Exactly. People dont know what it is and have never used it. People buy the TouchPad just to put Android on it and still call Android better because they really dont use webOS. The only people who love webOS are people who have used it daily. The faithful people who have stuck with it because they saw the good in it. I only switched because I got a free phone . I WAS wanting the Pre 3 at that time. But still after using Android, I think webOS is better. Development is the only thing holding webOS back.
    Back to webOS with my new Touchpad!!!
    Check Out My TouchPad Theme "Paint It Black" http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...iew-black.html
    Quote Originally Posted by AwesomePalmPre127 View Post
    If you haven't read my post on the first page of the thread, take a read. This is normal for your average consumer of any product.

Sadly it's also normal for average consumer retail sales people (not just electronics). Not to long ago I had a Frys employee informing me about the Lumia 900 price going up the following week. Telling me that once the fix was pushed they would be raising the price... I informed him that the push had already been fixed and they had the price marked at the correct new contract retail price, also that Amazon had it $50 cheaper. Guess who was right...

I could tell you stories of car dealers, and International Auto Show reps. If you are an educated consumer walking into any retail establishment, you know more than 90% of the people in the building including the sales staff.

Quote Originally Posted by kalel33 View Post
    I think it's been my personal objective to get people to spell "lose" correctly online. It's daily where I'm correcting this same mistake on some forum/blog.
    Seriously you need a hobby, you will never fix internet spelling, sorry.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    I saw a guy with a TouchPad in the subway today... running CM9. Then ran into the same guy again on the way home.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by grappler View Post
    Advanced gestures is fun, too. After loading a ton of apps, just swipe through them in full-screen. People usually
    say, "Wow."
    I wish the touchpad could do that.
    fxspec06 and bradmeister1 like this.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgraphicart View Post
    Exactly. People dont know what it is and have never used it. People buy the TouchPad just to put Android on it and still call Android better because they really dont use webOS. The only people who love webOS are people who have used it daily. The faithful people who have stuck with it because they saw the good in it. I only switched because I got a free phone . I WAS wanting the Pre 3 at that time. But still after using Android, I think webOS is better. Development is the only thing holding webOS back.
    I just put CM9 on my Nook Color. It's not bad, and a definite upgrade from CM7, but I still get annoyed when I can't do with it what I do on the Touchpad. And there's no way I'm putting CM9 there. If anything, I'll wait until the real powerhouse quad core Android tablets come out next year, and hope that open WebOS can be hacked back onto *that* hardware. If Openmobile comes through and allows for the few Android apps I want, I'll really be in business. But using Android after webOS, even ICS, is like going back to XP after getting used to Windows 7.
    Quote Originally Posted by joedisaster View Post
    I wish the touchpad could do that.
    Yeah, touchpad webos for sure not as much fun as the phone. Even stacks doesnt work as well, on the phone its easier to see what's in the stack.
    Quote Originally Posted by sarlo100 View Post
    I just put CM9 on my Nook Color. It's not bad, and a definite upgrade from CM7, but I still get annoyed when I can't do with it what I do on the Touchpad. And there's no way I'm putting CM9 there. If anything, I'll wait until the real powerhouse quad core Android tablets come out next year, and hope that open WebOS can be hacked back onto *that* hardware. If Openmobile comes through and allows for the few Android apps I want, I'll really be in business. But using Android after webOS, even ICS, is like going back to XP after getting used to Windows 7.
    Interesting. My Androided Nook Color went into the desk drawer once the Touch pad got in my hand. It was the Nook that gave me the tablet bug though. Once I got a taste of a tablet I absolutely needed a full size tablet.

Do you actually use both regularly?

Sent from CM9 enhanced Touch pad using Tapatalk.
    ---
    Handspring Visor>Sony 710c>Sony NX60>Sony NX80>Treo 700p>Palm Pre Plus>Went over to the dark side with phone->Samsung Droid Charge
    HP Touchpad!
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Starbuckk View Post
    Interesting. My Androided Nook Color went into the desk drawer once the Touch pad got in my hand. It was the Nook that gave me the tablet bug though. Once I got a taste of a tablet I absolutely needed a full size tablet.

Do you actually use both regularly?

Sent from CM9 enhanced Touch pad using Tapatalk.
    My 6 year old often plays particular games on one or the other, and it's our nightly bedtime ritual. Right now, it's Uno, so he uses the Nook a bit more, but there's things he likes on the Touchpad which forces me onto the Nook. For my own general use, it's around 99% Touchpad - unmodified.
    Quote Originally Posted by sarlo100 View Post
    there's things he likes on the Touchpad which forces me onto the Nook. For my own general use, it's around 99% Touchpad - unmodified.
    So buy a second Touchpad .......
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.
    touchpad cards should be smaller. cards are fun when they're tiny. the cards on the touchpad are too large =P
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Quote Originally Posted by fxspec06 View Post
    touchpad cards should be smaller. cards are fun when they're tiny. the cards on the touchpad are too large =P
    Wow, I thought I was the only one who thinks the cards are too large on touchpad.

Not only are they too large, they make stacks not work too good. On the phone one can see about a third of the card on the bottom, on the touchpad about a tenth. And they don't expand half as much, looks like a rushed job to me.
    Last edited by laingman; 04/30/2012 at 11:47 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    Looks like a rushed job to me.
    It kinda was, wasn't it?

I noticed that people blasted away (pew pew!) at the touchpad for being "half-baked" (at launch), and we're complaining about HP being slow to bring stuff to market
    m505 > Z|71 > T|C > T|T3 > LifeDrive > iPod touch 4 >
    Pre 2 > Treo Pro > Aria > Treo 650 > Lumia 920 > BB Z10 > BB Q10
    Lumia 830 > 635 > iPhone 5s > Galaxy Alpha > Lumia 640 >
    iPhone 5c > Nexus 5 > Nexus 5X > Blackberry Priv
    My Palm OS Archive
    Quote Originally Posted by xandros9 View Post
    It kinda was, wasn't it?

I noticed that people blasted away (pew pew!) at the touchpad for being "half-baked" (at launch), and we're complaining about HP being slow to bring stuff to market
    This ^.....beat me to it ....and if I remember correctly, they weren't complaining, they were kicking and screaming.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2¢ about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    So buy a second Touchpad .......
    Prices are dropping. I do have an extra case, too. Hmmmm, wonder what I can get for a Nook Color with an ICS chip installed. I also wonder if I can get this past the wife - who is on me to reduce the number of gadgets I have.
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    This ^.....beat me to it ....and if I remember correctly, they weren't complaining, they were kicking and screaming.
    if only Mr. Ski-Mask came back for a 3rd time xD
    HPPPP!!! RELEASE MY PRE 33333333!!
    Quote Originally Posted by woosh View Post
    Won't be long before the hipsters embrace it, with their "I had webOS before it was cool." t-shirts.
    Where can I get one of those shirts?
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

Quote Originally Posted by bradmeister1 View Post
    Thanks to the firesale, I now run into webOS aficionados everywhere I go. They are at work, at the airport, even some of my friends fit into this category.

These pretentious "app addicts" have assumed the role of Mobile OS judge, jury, and executioner. They constantly blast webOS with illogical arguments and if that doesn't work they simply say: "Count the apps..."

Touchpad and webOS have finally become household words, but not in the way that we had all hoped. Our tablet and operating system have been constantly denigrated and disparaged, without regard.

How do y'all generally handle this?
    That screenshot some people just don't know what they're talking about. Well a lot of people don't.
    Most people have never heard of webOS and don't care. Not everyone is interested in mobile computing and the different OSs etc. The few who are genuinely curious and interested are always impressed when I show them why I love webOS Then again there are the people who consider their smartphone a religion, yell "Android rulez!!" and are just not interested in a serious debate. I think we all know some of those
    In general people don't take kindly to being told that their phone sucks.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast