1.    #1  
    I recently purchased a 32GB Touchpad and noticed after fully charging then surfing the web on and off for 3 hours i'm down to 81% is this normal? Seems that the battery would last me a bit longer ?
    19 % loss over 3 hours = roughly 15 hours total battery life. That's above normal. What were you expecting?

Most people say they have 8-10 hours, I left my house at 4AM this morning and got home at 5PM and had about 10% left, with about 4 hours of non use.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  3.    #3  
    For some reason i thought i would only use about 10% however i'm happy that i'm above average. I also just upgraded to WebOS 3.0.5 I was still on 3.0.2 when i bought it.
    Brightness is your biggest battery killer, imo, so if you're trying to conserve battery, keep that in mind
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Wanting to find out what the best/worst battery life is on the TP?
    <threads merged>
    It is quite interesting that your battery drains just 19%. That is good compared to many other mobiles and keep the phones brightness to the medium level so that it can save your battery.
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    The screen brightness is definitely the biggest factor in battery use. My TP only drains about 1% per hour when I only use the screen briefly every few hours, but it jumps to about 13% per hour if I am doing something like reading with the screen on continuously. The TP has a huge battery compared to a cell phone, but it has a huge screen to power by comparison.
    13 percent per hour is about what I see for full use as well, like reading on Zinio or Kindle or browsing. On idle I see between one and two percent battery use per hour.

I have the screen set to between 30 and 40 percent of full brightness. Haven't fiddled with it much.

K
    Another sure-shot way to save battery is manually turn the Wi-Fi OFF when you are putting the device to sleep. I know there is a software toggle given for that in settings but I believe it does not work.
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    Most of us have some background checking for email and such going on all the time that needs WiFi on. Since we only see about 1% drain per hour under those circumstances, I just don't think it's worth going to the effort to turn WiFi off and on unless I were trying to squeeze the absolute maximum standby time out of the TP for some reason.

My greater concern is that I once left the TP completely turned off for 2 weeks, starting from a full battery charge, and when I got back to it the battery was nearly dead. It was tricky to revive it from that state and get the battery to charge properly, as many other have found. Now I have to leave it on the Touchstone charger whenever I go away on a trip where I can't take it with me, because it's not safe to just turn it off and store it. That's a serious design flaw. What on earth could be using so much power when the TP is completely turned off?
    I found turning off the wifi really helps if you leave your touchpad dormant for a long time. The wifi is what kills the battery over a longer period of time.
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    My touchpad 32 is about 1 year old now. I use it daily as a laptop replacement. As I am retired, it sees about 12 hours use per day so my battery life may not be in line with what others see. My wifi stays on constantly with screen back light at about 30%. Running webOS 3.0.5 I see about 8.5 to 9 hours real use. With CM9 nightly build, I see about 7 hours or a bit more. Bare in mind, I am overclocked to 1.5 gHz in webOS and 1.72 gHz in android. I use it for email, web browsing, and games as well as IRC chats. I'm very pleased, overall, with the battery life I get and have not seen it degrade much over the last year.

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk 2
    my TP 4G doesnt last as long, it has the one with the lower battery capacity. i have to set it to airplane mode to kill wireless and data, and i only get about 7 hours of life from it.