1.    #1  
    I'm linking this to the main forum as, if I hadn't spent 1/2 an hour looking for this topic through search engine, I wouldn't have come across it.

I just want to have this here so to help others that might not have seen this.

http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...-solution.html

I've now done this at work and at home with near-perfect results, at home to 2 different printers.

Being in the homebrew forum, I believe that it should be noted in this forum, hope that's ok.
    Much easier and not requiring a PC to be on, is to use HP's eprint service - just email any document to your wifi-enabled printer. Free service.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    I clicked on Search, typed in Printing. The thread you were looking for was #6 or 7.
    Note you can also check off the box that says Titles Only, and that sometimes helps.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by shneor View Post
    Much easier and not requiring a PC to be on, is to use HP's eprint service - just email any document to your wifi-enabled printer. Free service.
    That's only for HP printers, this is about ANY brand, any model.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    I clicked on Search, typed in Printing. The thread you were looking for was #6 or 7.
    Note you can also check off the box that says Titles Only, and that sometimes helps.
    Well, all I can say is that when I did a quick search, I didn't get it at the time, and I ended up with lots of hits for many pages. I just wanted to bring it up in this forum as it is something that I was reading from other threads that people were mentioning this issue without a solution. I'd almost suggest to make it a sticky, or part of the essential list.
    Quote Originally Posted by imfallen_angel View Post
    That's only for HP printers, this is about ANY brand, any model.
    Sure, so long as your PC is running...
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    I found installing native linux solved the printing problem.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Quote Originally Posted by shneor View Post
    Sure, so long as your PC is running...
    ... and as long as your pc's are running Windows. I know HP crippling the printing so you can only print to an HP printer was a sales thing, but it would have been nice if they eventually released the full cups stack so you can print to whatever printer you already have. Their decision just seems shady/greedy to me.
    Global Posts
    818 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by morbid_jones View Post
    ... and as long as your pc's are running Windows. I know HP crippling the printing so you can only print to an HP printer was a sales thing, but it would have been nice if they eventually released the full cups stack so you can print to whatever printer you already have. Their decision just seems shady/greedy to me.
    Or Linux, or Solaris, or BSD. I've got my Xerox Phasor servicing my TouchPads happily using OpenIndiana (Solaris).
    Palm III->Palm IV->Palm V->M130->Tungsten->Treo 270->Treo 600->Treo 700->Palm Pre Plus->FrankenPre 2->Pre 3 & TouchPad