1.    #1  
    I got a notice last night that updates were available for the App Catalog, QuickOffice and a couple other apps, so I had it download and install them. After they were all updated, later I was watching TV and got a notice, and the speakers were scratchy again; when this happens (too often, I'm afraid), I just reboot, pressing the power and center buttons, and it all comes back fine, with the speakers clear again. Well, they sounded fine, and I was just using the browser, so I didn't notice anything odd, but this morning when I wanted to check Accu-Weather, I found that ALL of my downloaded apps are gone! My personal files, photos, settings, etc. are still here, just no apps!

Will a restore put them all back? I haven't done one (haven't needed to!), so I'm not even sure how to do it. Or do I just need to figure out what all apps I had and download them again?

Bummed ...
    strange. Check software manager. If nothing there, reboot and thrn check it again. Otherwise check your last backup date and if recent, then do a restore.
    good luck.

for speakers, i make a skype call and hang up as soon as i press dial, it seems to work instantly