webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP TouchPad > webOS 3.0.6 coming soon?
webOS 3.0.6 coming soon?
Like Tree28Likes

Old 04/23/2012, 07:49 PM   #1 (permalink)

Hi all, just thought I'd start a thread for webOS 3.0.6 given the recent post on the webOSnation front page. Given that we've always had a thread like this, we might as well have on for 3.0.6 as well!
Old 04/23/2012, 07:57 PM   #2 (permalink)

I've had the feeling that 3.0.6 might be a revision that comes right before the final piece of "source code", or their move to open source has finished. I hope they get to 3.1 just to be swanky but I'm not holding my breath, too much.
Old 04/23/2012, 08:36 PM   #3 (permalink)

That was my reaction when I saw the news.

Pry my keyboard from my stone dead hands. I dare you. Death to all slates.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
ToniCipriani is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by Jozz, xandros9, drahgon and 2 others like this.
Old 04/23/2012, 10:59 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
Click to view quoted image

That was my reaction when I saw the news.
That was my same reaction to the news that maybe HP could soon be releasing another update to WebOS platform with the v3.0.6. After all the lay-offs directed at the WebOS department(specially with only 250 people in their staff), I was thinking that maybe we(the WebOS faithful) wont be seeing any more updates until the end of the year. Guess that, maybe I was wrong......

My Wishlist of bug fixes that HP should be looking to bring to this WebOS 3.0.6 update:

1) Bring folders to WebOS. (the BB playbook and iOS have that feature).
2) Fix the bug that causes the HP TouchPad speakers, to suddenly create muffle or muddy sound.
3) Browser improvements: such as Tabs, private browsing, better performance, faster rendering and of course better HTML 5 support.
4) Bring WebOS 2.0 launcher features to create or rename pages within the launcher menu.
5) Better cursor replacements and add the ability to bring built-in dictionary support for WebOS.
6) More video chat protocols support other than built-in Skype integration.
Thanked By: bahram
Old 04/24/2012, 02:17 AM   #5 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

It wouldn't surprise me if whatever makes up Open webOS is currently testing as simply a minor version bump behind the scenes at the moment. Changing a major version # could possibly cause apps that suddenly don't know what to do when they see a "4" for a major version. And would also create a flurry of OMG HOLY CRAP messages.

Remember that they are also planning on releasing this summer, a large bit of the existing webOS code, and this might be a build of that, too, perhaps with things that possibly have been in progress. Perhaps with changes taken from Open webOS, assuming that Open webOS is going to be a much bigger upgrade than just releasing what we have currently, with a new browser.

I love the idea that maybe we'll get something soon, though. Although the advances that we've made in software recently are quite exciting, too.
Quote:
(1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
GO OPEN WEBOS!
People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
eblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/24/2012, 03:06 AM   #6 (permalink)

Fat chance of seeing a doctor for the Touchpad GO!
Old 04/24/2012, 03:32 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
Fat chance of seeing a doctor for the Touchpad GO!
Metadoctor.
quiestbml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/24/2012, 04:06 AM   #8 (permalink)

It's really great
I hope the 2.2.5 update coming also for HP Veer.
wMarck90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/24/2012, 07:14 AM   #9 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

And people were critisizing me when I said 3.0.6 might come. Well, I proved them wrong now

Let the updates roll in! Wifi fix for TP and battery fix for Pre 3 please
Vistaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/24/2012, 09:10 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmPixi_User23 View Post
That was my same reaction to the news that maybe HP could soon be releasing another update to WebOS platform with the v3.0.6. After all the lay-offs directed at the WebOS department(specially with only 250 people in their staff), I was thinking that maybe we(the WebOS faithful) wont be seeing any more updates until the end of the year. Guess that, maybe I was wrong......

My Wishlist of bug fixes that HP should be looking to bring to this WebOS 3.0.6 update:

2) Fix the bug that causes the HP TouchPad speakers, to suddenly create muffle or muddy sound.
3) Browser improvements: such as Tabs, private browsing, better performance, faster rendering and of course better HTML 5 support.
4) Bring WebOS 2.0 launcher features to create or rename pages within the launcher menu.
5) Better cursor replacements and add the ability to bring built-in dictionary support for WebOS.
I'd like all of those!
but on 5, have you tried dictionary plus? It's free in the catalog and works well with just type.
hedont is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: zubiaur
Old 04/24/2012, 10:32 AM   #11 (permalink)

I too, hope the fix the muffled speaker issue, really stinks. I would also like to see kodak photo gallery support added to photos.
GlennBeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by tr1541 and UbuntuIsGreat like this.
Old 04/24/2012, 10:43 AM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
That! I've had to quit using my TP as an alarm clock due to that little quirk.
Old 04/24/2012, 11:58 AM   #13 (permalink)

love the updates!... i have 3 veers and lots of bugs, so please show the veer some love.... of course HP, as many thing, did not deliver what promised...

like HP ePrint for webOS... it's been available for other platforms but not for their own...

and the HP Play... they own Melodeo, and have the nuTsie apps for Android... the competition.... Blackberry.. also the competition... and for Apple devices.. also the compettion... but not for webOS... their Own...

may be the problem is the Programming method... i can suggest HP to Use an OpenSource Framework called Enyo... don't know if they've head of it... it's cross platform... and very easy...

if HP does not want to do thing right, the community will..
just see the Google Maps app made by 72ka... far much better than the one made by palm of the HP bing maps...

RQ

Last edited by bluerq; 04/24/2012 at 12:02 PM. Reason: typo
BlueRQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/24/2012, 12:45 PM   #14 (permalink)

My hopes are for them to fix the bad audio and the media indexing bug.
At least with the audio bug there are some tricks to make it work. I have yet to find any way that works to re-index my Media on the Touchpad.
Toymaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/24/2012, 12:50 PM   #15 (permalink)

I can't stomach any more update anticipation threads at this point. Most of the speculation and hopes will be way beyond what gets delivered, assuming it really gets delivered. I have more hope in open webOS.
Keyring converters for CSV, eWallet, & CodeWallet
Touchpad patches:Keyring HD,ClassicNote HD, YouTube HD (for 2.1 app), Show email recipient addresses for contacts
Phone patches: Forums fixes and enhancements patch, Weather Channel fix
All-device patches: Update GlobalSign certs, Google Sync https fix, Yahoo contact sync fix

Grabber5.0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Liked by Arthur Thornton and rmeigs like this.
Old 04/24/2012, 03:46 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:

Actually in your list, only 2 would be considered a bug defect, all others would be enhancements. Pretty sure needs more than a 0.0.1 release bump to get those in...
ToniCipriani is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by Arthur Thornton likes this.
Old 04/24/2012, 03:51 PM   #17 (permalink)

Well so far, since 3.0.1 anyway, all the HP updates appear to have done is delivered yet more chaos, with a few tasty bits jammed inbetween all the downgrades/stuff-ups!
Quite honestly I dread yet another enforced 'upgrade' from them!
Roll on Open webOS!

Decent Browser + SCROLL bar!!
Individual Picture & Document FOLDER recognition.. yes!
Proper Bluetooth File Transfer App!
External BT GPS Interfacing App.
Battery charging/monitoring firmware upgrade!
Fully Functional Skype App!

The lists probably go on... and on!

Mutoidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: don_falcone
Old 04/24/2012, 04:08 PM   #18 (permalink)

I just hope its more upgrade than downgrade.
impress us HP! its not that hard!
My Copy referral link if you want to try: https://copy.com?r=trzKIA
My OneDrive referral link: MS OneDrive
xandros9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/24/2012, 04:45 PM   #19 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
Actually in your list, only 2 would be considered a bug defect, all others would be enhancements. Pretty sure needs more than a 0.0.1 release bump to get those in...
It's only a number, you know? It doesn't really matter what gets in and what not. Look at Chrome and Firefox with their version numbers. Firefox 12 came out today and most of it is bug fixes. Yet, 12.0 is the update to 11.0
It's only a number, also for webOS.
Old 04/24/2012, 04:45 PM   #20 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluerq View Post
love the updates!... i have 3 veers and lots of bugs, so please show the veer some love.... of course HP, as many thing, did not deliver what promised...

like HP ePrint for webOS... it's been available for other platforms but not for their own...

and the HP Play... they own Melodeo, and have the nuTsie apps for Android... the competition.... Blackberry.. also the competition... and for Apple devices.. also the compettion... but not for webOS... their Own...

may be the problem is the Programming method... i can suggest HP to Use an OpenSource Framework called Enyo... don't know if they've head of it... it's cross platform... and very easy...

if HP does not want to do thing right, the community will..
just see the Google Maps app made by 72ka... far much better than the one made by palm of the HP bing maps...

RQ
HP Play is there.
HP ePrint: why? We already have native printing that works just fine.

Tags
3.0.6, news, tracking

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0