webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP TouchPad > webOS 3.0.6 coming soon?
webOS 3.0.6 coming soon?
Like Tree28Likes

Old 11/09/2012, 10:14 PM   #41 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmPixi_User23 View Post
Well, we still holding out on being hopeful in some ways(despite everything that has happened in WebOS). And just still curious about this software update of WebOS 3.0.6, and if they WebOS team who has remained silent about everything going on WebOSLand will ever released ? Or they just simply forgot about it with the whole OpenWebOS ?
It's like the Veer 2.2.3 and 2.2.4... ain't coming out - that implies support.
RumoredNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/09/2012, 10:24 PM   #42 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

3.0.6 being released is not likely. Look to the future, not to the past. Why do you even care, PalmPixi_User, you spend a lot of time complaining about how the TouchPad is useless, so what's it matter if there's an update?
Quote:
(1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
GO OPEN WEBOS!
People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
eblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by RumoredNow likes this.
Old 11/09/2012, 10:30 PM   #43 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by eblade View Post
3.0.6 being released is not likely. Look to the future, not to the past. Why do you even care, PalmPixi_User, you spend a lot of time complaining about how the TouchPad is useless, so what's it matter if there's an update?
Aught-Six is the magic elixir that revitalizes and rejuvenates!!!!
Old 11/12/2012, 02:11 AM   #44 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
I'd say the chances are 0.000000% of 3.0.6 "in name" ever coming to light since the team's full-bore on Open webOS now and legacy device support's been completely dropped, as you are well aware. In fact, I'd even consider the idea that 3.0.6 was actually the CE project prior to release.

That said, if anyone's looking toward the future, they'd be better to cope with their rapidly aging Touchpad on 3.0.5 and wait another 6-9 months for Open webOS to become a viable commercial and personal option on alternative hardware. Then we'll really be positioned to become the #1 OS in the worldwide mobile market far above Android and iOS! Nobody can touch our multitasking, cards, and Synergy and once people finally get the chance to have a pure, unadulterated Open Source taste of it after all these horrible problems with Palm and HP over the past 3 years, they won't be going back to their old operating systems, guaranteed!

And Phoenix Int'l Communications may announce their first original device made in China in the next few weeks according a few folks in IRC! (Release I've heard is Q1/Q2 2013 running webOS CE with OpenMobile baked in with an Open webOS upgrade shortly after, no carrier agreements but sold exclusively through Merimobiles.com) May be true, may not be. Take what I've heard with a pinch of salt, especially since it claims OpenMobile's been working closely with them since August and we all know what they've done so far for us.

Man, we're in for some awesome times when OEMs, developers, and--most importantly--consumers start coming back to webOS. GET READY.
dignitary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/12/2012, 03:49 PM   #45 (permalink)

Quote:
3.0.6 being released is not likely. Look to the future, not to the past.
I'm interested in knowing, on why does everyone coming to talk about an update on the forgotten touchPad comes to the subject of looking into a future and not the past ? At the moment under HP, The operating system 'WebOS' doesn't have much of a future not even by next month. I think that it could be bit wiser for team of WebOS to tackle some left behind issues with the current OS 3.0.5 operating system of WebOS....how about giving an update to WebOS v3.0.6 with faster Qt-engine browser, threaded email, improvements in the messaging app, bug sound fix, and (if possible) flash player 11 ?
Old 11/12/2012, 04:00 PM   #46 (permalink)

Not possible.... Mobile Flash is dead as a doornail.
Adobe kills mobile Flash, giving Steve Jobs the last laugh | Technology | guardian.co.uk

Type up Adobe Flash Player in Google Play, and ZERO results.
Old 11/12/2012, 04:31 PM   #47 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
You can still get it from Adobe's site. But Chrome doesn't support it.
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
GMMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/12/2012, 06:26 PM   #48 (permalink)

The only mobile Adobe "anything" that I could find on their site (under Downloads) was Adobe Reader for Android. No Flash Player, no Air, and no Shockwave Player. I looked in all archived links I could find. Maybe they have it really buried somewhere, but one would think, if it's available for download, they'd put it under the Downloads heading.
Old 11/12/2012, 07:36 PM   #49 (permalink)

Quote:
The only mobile Adobe "anything" that I could find on their site (under Downloads) was Adobe Reader for Android. No Flash Player, no Air, and no Shockwave Player. I looked in all archived links I could find. Maybe they have it really buried somewhere, but one would think, if it's available for download, they'd put it under the Downloads heading.
Here: Archived Flash Player versions. Scroll down after the first block of "Flash Player archives".
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
Thanked By: sledge007
Old 11/12/2012, 08:35 PM   #50 (permalink)

Thanks, I really did look, lol. Sometimes I can't find the milk when it's front and center in the fridge, so not really surprised that it was there. That'll come in handy whenever/if 4.0 gets released for me.
Old 11/12/2012, 10:43 PM   #51 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Palmpixi you are welcome to get any of those you'd like working in webOS and distribute those fixes.

The sound problem is likely related to the kernel sound driver, which I think is part of the standard kernel source, Isis and the threaded email client are right there for you to run with. I don't know anyone with a source code license for flash 11, but maybe you could port one of the open source flash implementations.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
Quote:
(1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
GO OPEN WEBOS!
People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
eblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by steven_farkas likes this.
Old 11/13/2012, 04:25 AM   #52 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

Quote:
Not possible.... Mobile Flash is dead as a doornail.
Adobe kills mobile Flash, giving Steve Jobs the last laugh | Technology | guardian.co.uk

For android purposes, Flash 11.1 works with the Opera Mobile browser...
Old 11/13/2012, 09:23 AM   #53 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RumoredNow View Post
For android purposes, Flash 11.1 works with the Opera Mobile browser...
Well to be honest, I don't have it installed, and I've yet to run into an issue where I couldn't view a webpage properly. I use Chrome most of the time.
Old 11/13/2012, 10:35 AM   #54 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

Quote:
Well to be honest, I don't have it installed, and I've yet to run into an issue where I couldn't view a webpage properly. I use Chrome most of the time.
I called it neither good nor bad, desirable or to be avoided. I merely said it is...
Liked by sledge007 likes this.
Old 11/14/2012, 01:46 PM   #55 (permalink)

Quote:
Palmpixi you are welcome to get any of those you'd like working in webOS and distribute those fixes.

The sound problem is likely related to the kernel sound driver, which I think is part of the standard kernel source, Isis and the threaded email client are right there for you to run with. I don't know anyone with a source code license for flash 11, but maybe you could port one of the open source flash implementations.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
Well, I might only that if you willing to provide your knowledge about coding on WebOS....I will definitely could create email apps (like a third-party app) that carries the abilities to have threaded messaging within the app interface and about working codes for the Flash Player 11, possibly we could work with the available drivers for the Android OS in from Adobe download website(with link that GMMan provided above).
Old 11/14/2012, 02:49 PM   #56 (permalink)

Quote:
Well, I might only that if you willing to provide your knowledge about coding on WebOS....I will definitely could create email apps (like a third-party app) that carries the abilities to have threaded messaging within the app interface and about working codes for the Flash Player 11, possibly we could work with the available drivers for the Android OS in from Adobe download website(with link that GMMan provided above).
You can start reading the developer guides at developer.palm.com. Also read Enyo 2 docs at Docs | Enyo JS.
Liked by OldSkoolVWLover and renater like this.
Old 11/19/2012, 10:08 PM   #57 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
You can start reading the developer guides at developer.palm.com. Also read Enyo 2 docs at Docs | Enyo JS.
That's too much reading involved (sorry) and it doesn't help much for newbies about creating apps for WebOS. It's sad that developers have more explanations and more help on other competing platform OS on the developer site than on WebOS.....
Old 11/19/2012, 10:20 PM   #58 (permalink)

Quote:
That's too much reading involved (sorry) and it doesn't help much for newbies about creating apps for WebOS. It's sad that developers have more explanations and more help on other competing platform OS on the developer site than on WebOS.....
If you've want to start, you've gotta read. It's unavoidable. If you search around on the Internet, you may be able to find some better guides for Enyo than the ones on the Palm Developer site. But still, for information on how to use APIs, the original documentation is still the best.

Another thing you can do is to just dig in. While it's not the best way to get started (and you write a lot of crap code at the beginning), and can quickly bring you up to speed on what some of the APIs do. Patching is one way to learn, though not the most effective (most of the time it's merely assimilating code and throwing an odd API in it), so to write a new app you've still got to read a bit of documentation.

Do you have any experience in JavaScript?
Old 11/20/2012, 06:19 AM   #59 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by palmpixi_user23 View Post
that's too much reading involved (sorry) and it doesn't help much for newbies about creating apps for webos. It's sad that developers have more explanations and more help on other competing platform os on the developer site than on webos.....
The Enyo2 site has sufficient documentation to get a 'newbie' up and running within a short space of time. And I'm pretty sure Android and iOS' developer sites don't have a magical online tutor to hand-hold you through their learning processes.

TL;DR: TANSTAAFL.

Last edited by ShiftyAxel; 11/20/2012 at 06:29 AM.
ShiftyAxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
Old 11/20/2012, 07:15 AM   #60 (permalink)

Quote:
Are you kidding me? In one breath you want to learn how to code, in another you complain about too much reading???

There is no magical way of learning how to code. You want people around here to spoon feed it to you, sorry, put in some effort, that isn't going to happen.

Tags
3.0.6, news, tracking

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0