webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP TouchPad > webOS 3.0.6 coming soon?
webOS 3.0.6 coming soon?
Like Tree28Likes

Old 04/24/2012, 05:09 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vistaus View Post
HP Play is there.
HP ePrint: why? We already have native printing that works just fine.
but Melodeo app itself isnt out for webos.

I hope hope hope the updates fix the audio issues for both the pre3 and the touchpad
kel101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/24/2012, 05:56 PM   #22 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

I get the (hopeful) feeling that it may lay the groundwork for better Enyo2/ Isis support. Looking forward to it!
ShiftyAxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/25/2012, 06:50 AM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiftyAxel View Post
it may lay the groundwork for better Enyo2/ Isis support.
Thats pretty much my line of thought too, although 3.0.5 brought stuff that we weren't expecting, like revisions to the email client and scrollbars in the browser. So we may get something like that too.

Isis at this point (going by whats on GitHub), from my exceedingly limited knowledge of scripting, doesn't look like its ready for primetime on webOS, as internals haven't been able to make a build yet.
Isandunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by ShiftyAxel likes this.
Old 04/25/2012, 09:00 AM   #24 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isandunk View Post
Isis at this point (going by whats on GitHub), from my exceedingly limited knowledge of scripting, doesn't look like its ready for primetime on webOS, as internals haven't been able to make a build yet.
That was my thought too, they mentioned something about being unable to satisfy build dependencies. Perhaps those dependencies will be added in 2.2.5/3.0.6.
With regards to it's build-readiness, apparently Universe Browser 2.0 will make use of Isis on current webOS devices, so it must be ready-ish/close to ready.
Old 04/25/2012, 09:03 AM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isandunk View Post
Thats pretty much my line of thought too, although 3.0.5 brought stuff that we weren't expecting, like revisions to the email client and scrollbars in the browser.
But it WASN'T as 'Scroll Bar' to my mind.. it was simply a touch-triggered 'Sliding Page Length Indicator'!

A Scroll Bar allows the user to SCROLL with it.. not just watch it.. surely?

You can guarantee HP will come up with 'stuff we weren't expecting' alright.. (nor they either, probably!).
That's what I dread!

Mutoidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/25/2012, 09:42 AM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmPixi_User23 View Post
That was my same reaction to the news that maybe HP could soon be releasing another update to WebOS platform with the v3.0.6. After all the lay-offs directed at the WebOS department(specially with only 250 people in their staff), I was thinking that maybe we(the WebOS faithful) wont be seeing any more updates until the end of the year. Guess that, maybe I was wrong......

My Wishlist of bug fixes that HP should be looking to bring to this WebOS 3.0.6 update:

1) Bring folders to WebOS. (the BB playbook and iOS have that feature).
2) Fix the bug that causes the HP TouchPad speakers, to suddenly create muffle or muddy sound.
3) Browser improvements: such as Tabs, private browsing, better performance, faster rendering and of course better HTML 5 support.
4) Bring WebOS 2.0 launcher features to create or rename pages within the launcher menu.
5) Better cursor replacements and add the ability to bring built-in dictionary support for WebOS.
6) More video chat protocols support other than built-in Skype integration.
3 is mostly solved with Advanced Browser. Sure you have to sacrifice a cup of coffee, the cheap gas station kind, not a Starbucks triple latte with chocolate sprinkles and whip cream.

4 is solved with SubOrbital.....not quite what you're looking for, ie "within the launcher menu", but works nonetheless.
Old 04/25/2012, 03:19 PM   #27 (permalink)

When the update comes and im running webos that dualboots with CM9, will it cause problems if i update?
volvoking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/25/2012, 05:49 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by volvoking View Post
When the update comes and im running webos that dualboots with CM9, will it cause problems if i update?
You mean IF it comes..

It should not cause any problems for CM9.

(It may cause a few for webOS though!! <-- Joke!)

Mutoidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/26/2012, 01:30 AM   #29 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
But it WASN'T as 'Scroll Bar' to my mind.. it was simply a touch-triggered 'Sliding Page Length Indicator'!

A Scroll Bar allows the user to SCROLL with it.. not just watch it.. surely?

You can guarantee HP will come up with 'stuff we weren't expecting' alright.. (nor they either, probably!).
That's what I dread!

on mobile devices, scroll "bars" now called thumbs in Enyo 2 (and widely supported!) are not usually interactive. I can't think of any other mobile system where you can scroll with them.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
Quote:
(1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
GO OPEN WEBOS!
People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
eblade is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04/26/2012, 12:14 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
on mobile devices, scroll "bars" now called thumbs in Enyo 2 (and widely supported!) are not usually interactive. I can't think of any other mobile system where you can scroll with them.

That doesn't make it right. :-P There are a number of examples of working scrollbar-like widgets in Android, not sure about iOS. In contacts, it looks like a rolodex pointer. No reason scroll-bars can't work the same way.

Keyring converters for CSV, eWallet, & CodeWallet
Touchpad patches:Keyring HD,ClassicNote HD, YouTube HD (for 2.1 app), Show email recipient addresses for contacts
Phone patches: Forums fixes and enhancements patch, Weather Channel fix
All-device patches: Update GlobalSign certs, Google Sync https fix, Yahoo contact sync fix

Grabber5.0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04/26/2012, 12:42 PM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
3 is mostly solved with Advanced Browser. Sure you have to sacrifice a cup of coffee, the cheap gas station kind, not a Starbucks triple latte with chocolate sprinkles and whip cream.

4 is solved with SubOrbital.....not quite what you're looking for, ie "within the launcher menu", but works nonetheless.
Just wanted to let you know that I never though of checking for another browser and was finding it a bit slow to load.

So thanks to your mention of it, I went and got Advanced browser and the difference is amazing... 3 times faster at least for most pages. I love the tabs, wished we could set it to always open links in another link, (unless I simply don't see where the setting is).
imfallen_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/26/2012, 12:53 PM   #32 (permalink)

I just tested one of the links a few posts above in somebody's signature. Just press and hold, and a bunch of options will pop up for you.

Options are:
Open in New Tab
Open in New Card
Share Link
Copy URL
Share Twitter via Spaz
Share Twitter via Glimpse
Old 04/26/2012, 04:50 PM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by imfallen_angel View Post
Just wanted to let you know that I never though of checking for another browser and was finding it a bit slow to load.

So thanks to your mention of it, I went and got Advanced browser and the difference is amazing... 3 times faster at least for most pages. I love the tabs, wished we could set it to always open links in another link, (unless I simply don't see where the setting is).
I think there is a patch in preware?
battscrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/26/2012, 05:08 PM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by battscrew1 View Post
I think there is a patch in preware?
No, Advanced Browser is in the HP App Catalog.
Old 04/26/2012, 07:59 PM   #35 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
That doesn't make it right. :-P There are a number of examples of working scrollbar-like widgets in Android, not sure about iOS. In contacts, it looks like a rolodex pointer. No reason scroll-bars can't work the same way.

I'm not sure what the actual name for that is, but it's not actually part of the scrollbar, or even related to the scrollbar. It's more of an index, which floats on top of the scrolling content - in some cases there all the time, or sometimes only when scrolling. If you look at the Enyo design guidelines, those were intended to be an included component, however we never ended up with them, and they can be quite tricky to implement.

That is something that I definitely wish were available, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by imfallen_angel View Post

I haven't used Advanced Browser, but I doubt that's even possible -- the browser engine is the exact same as the webOS browser, it's just got a different interface on top of it.
Quote:
(1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
GO OPEN WEBOS!
People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
eblade is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11/08/2012, 12:41 AM   #36 (permalink)

Quote:
That was my same reaction to the news that maybe HP could soon be releasing another update to WebOS platform with the v3.0.6. After all the lay-offs directed at the WebOS department(specially with only 250 people in their staff), I was thinking that maybe we(the WebOS faithful) wont be seeing any more updates until the end of the year. Guess that, maybe I was wrong......

My Wishlist of bug fixes that HP should be looking to bring to this WebOS 3.0.6 update:

1) Bring folders to WebOS. (the BB playbook and iOS have that feature).
2) Fix the bug that causes the HP TouchPad speakers, to suddenly create muffle or muddy sound.
3) Browser improvements: such as Tabs, private browsing, better performance, faster rendering and of course better HTML 5 support.
4) Bring WebOS 2.0 launcher features to create or rename pages within the launcher menu.
5) Better cursor replacements and add the ability to bring built-in dictionary support for WebOS.
6) More video chat protocols support other than built-in Skype integration.
I would like this to happen too I'm actually going as HP
Triple AAA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/08/2012, 01:37 PM   #37 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple AAA View Post
I would like this to happen too I'm actually going as HP
I'm actually intrigued when I saw this post of that WebOS version, would like to ask Mr Thornton who works as an intern at HP. What happened to that mysterious update of WebOS 3.0.6(which some TouchPad Go had installed) and if it will ever get released ?

I'm guessing that the answer might be NO!
Old 11/08/2012, 07:05 PM   #38 (permalink)

Quote:
I'm actually intrigued when I saw this post of that WebOS version, would like to ask Mr Thornton who works as an intern at HP. What happened to that mysterious update of WebOS 3.0.6(which some TouchPad Go had installed) and if it will ever get released ?

I'm guessing that the answer might be NO!
He means "in the coming months"
My OneDrive referral link: OneDrive
xandros9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/08/2012, 10:06 PM   #39 (permalink)

Thanks for the necro-bump and false hope.
furball zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by RumoredNow likes this.
Old 11/09/2012, 08:56 PM   #40 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball zen View Post
Thanks for the necro-bump and false hope.
Well, we still holding out on being hopeful in some ways(despite everything that has happened in WebOS). And just still curious about this software update of WebOS 3.0.6, and if they WebOS team who has remained silent about everything going on WebOSLand will ever released ? Or they just simply forgot about it with the whole OpenWebOS ?

Tags
3.0.6, news, tracking

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0