webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP TouchPad > 2 Touchpads and 2 credit cards
2 Touchpads and 2 credit cards

Old 04/23/2012, 02:11 AM   #1 (permalink)

If I add a 2nd Touchpad to my webOS account I understand all the apps I bought will download to the second touchpad. Does anyone know if each touchpad can use a different credit card number? This way any apps I buy for my touchpad get charged to my card and any apps my wife buys on hers get charged to her card?
yorxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/23/2012, 06:42 AM   #2 (permalink)

The CC info is held remotely by a third party so you can't have one card tied each without seperate accounts. You'll have to always be replacing the others info but go to App Catalog > application menu > Preferences & Accounts and you can change CC info plus what email address the receipts are sent too, it's a little difficult since a WebOS account is meant to be for one persons devices.
Old 04/23/2012, 12:51 PM   #3 (permalink)

Just so you know also, the apps don't auto download to the 2nd (or 3rd, etc) device other than at initial setup. You will search for them in app catalog and they will show up as free.
I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
OldSkoolVWLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: gderoiste
Old 04/23/2012, 01:22 PM   #4 (permalink)

Why dont you and your wife just have separate Palm Profiles? Or webOS accounts, whatever you want to call it. I still like saying Palm Profiles. lol
Old 04/23/2012, 01:28 PM   #5 (permalink)

I have three TouchPad now ( after a hunt of over 6 months), they are all linked through my one account that started from my Pre2.

After the original load, the Touchpad opened their own account which contained all my apps from the phone, and since then, I've loaded many Touchpad Apps to my main one, and what I've seen is that in time, after the backup updates, the second Touchpad ended up loaded with the apps that I had loaded on the first one.

I now have a third TP and it appears that well it looks up to backup itself, it does the same thing (and downloads the new apps).

I could be wrong, I've only have had these for a short while, but it does appear that they will update themselves to match anything that's loaded on one of them. The difference has been that the order of the icons won't move around to match.

As far as Credit Cards, as you have to enter the information within the touchpad itself, it might work, as you have to enter the data and then password to use it. So possibly you might end up with both having access to the two CC, but you'd get a choice to use whichever you want.
imfallen_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/23/2012, 01:30 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsgraphicart View Post
Why dont you and your wife just have separate Palm Profiles? Or webOS accounts, whatever you want to call it. I still like saying Palm Profiles. lol
Probably like me, he doesn't want to have to re-buy the apps for each profile when they are all "his Touchpads".
Old 04/23/2012, 04:03 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by imfallen_angel View Post
Probably like me, he doesn't want to have to re-buy the apps for each profile when they are all "his Touchpads".
You hit the nail on the head. It would be ashame to wipe it and have her re-buy all the apps that are already on it. We usually try keep our discretionary spending separate because we each accuse the other of buying junk.
yorxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/24/2012, 09:45 AM   #8 (permalink)

I'm amazed on how many people have multiple TouchPads. I just got my first one (32 GB) and am still exploring, tweaking, and customizing it for everyday use. I couldn't imagine having more than one (unless you're keeping them as spares).
Cyberpmg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/24/2012, 11:41 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberpmg View Post
I'm amazed on how many people have multiple TouchPads. I just got my first one (32 GB) and am still exploring, tweaking, and customizing it for everyday use. I couldn't imagine having more than one (unless you're keeping them as spares).
Having a dedicated toilet tab or two is a sign of true American opulence This takes a little cutting(they used to have TP models) and will eat the flesh off your fingers if you **** too much, but it's hygienic.
New AWV1216ABUS Antibacterial Screen Protector For Apple Ipad Anti-Glare Rohs Compliance- Targus-Computers & Electronics-Phones & Communications-Accessories
Old 04/24/2012, 01:16 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
When someone kills your beloved OS, some folks get a lil weird...

Firesale ended up with me having more than I needed, sold one 32 gig to a coworker at my cost, another 16 gig for the wife, and another 16 gig for dev/playing around purposes, use my 32 gig every single day.
I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
Old 04/24/2012, 03:13 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
When someone kills your beloved OS, some folks get a lil weird...

Firesale ended up with me having more than I needed, sold one 32 gig to a coworker at my cost, another 16 gig for the wife, and another 16 gig for dev/playing around purposes, use my 32 gig every single day.
Ok... I can see a grass roots effort to share the webOS love to others. As for the Toilet TP....
Cyberpmg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/24/2012, 07:42 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Ok... I can see a grass roots effort to share the webOS love to others. As for the Toilet TP....
Wasn't all intentional, part of my problem was with orders being "cancelled" then shipped with charge hitting my CC before I could do anything. Literally had a successful order place, got cancellation notice so ordered two more, then waiting to see if those 2 would ship from a different seller, got a shipping notice that the cancelled item had shipped, while I still had pending charges for the order of 2. It was a crazy time man.
Old 04/24/2012, 10:43 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
First I'll mention that I'm a long term Palm user.

I wasn't sold on WebOs for a long time but when I broke my regular cell phone, as I looked at where I should go (smartphones), the Pre was the winner by a huge margin.

So I had a Pre (that is now my wife's phone) and eventually managed to find a Pre2.

Before the firesale, I was waiting for prices to come down on tablets, and as per it was first generation, I wanted to wait a bit for bugs to be worked out.... and then the firesale erupted and I was left without getting a single one.

So, checked the local adds, I finally found one at fair price instead of the profit-aiming scalpers.

Within a couple of days, my wife tried it out and absolutely loved it, and so I lost it.

I then managed to get another for myself via eBay at a fair price.

As my wife is all over hers and I use mine on a constant basis, the kids (3 teenagers) indicated their interest, so I decided to look about and got very lucky again with another local add, and figured that at least, I'd have a backup.

As Touchpads are going to get harder to find (especially in decent condition) with time, I want to make theselast as long as possible until something worthy for a switch comes along.

Honestly, I'd not hesitate to buy more, if at exceptional prices, I know a few people that would probably enjoy then quite well, and each kid would probably love to have their own.

So yeah.... that's why I have more than one.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0