1.    #1  
    Having trouble using the search to filter only 4G results, and the 4G owners lounge thread is impossibly long.

I have a chance to trade my Touchpad WiFi for a 4G.

1. Can you use the $15 a month service with AT&T, do you have to unlock?
    2. Does the 4G run 3.05 yet?
    3. Can CM9 run on a 4G?
    4. Any other pitfalls to this model?
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    1. Yes, no need to unlock with at&t as service provider
    2. Yes
    3. No, there is not sim support on any CM9 roms
    4. Everything works OK except for splashtop, see my page for a patch. (below)
    TWack
    On my 4G TouchPad, Pre3 or Panda-Veer.
    If you like our patches, please consider donating to the cause.

|wackware|google+|facebook|twitter|shortcut|mylo|multiapp|flashfile|donate|
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    1. Can you use the $15 a month service with AT&T, do you have to unlock? 99% sure yes as my local at&t corp rep says yes
    2. Does the 4G run 3.05 yet? All touchpads are supported by HP updates, so yes.
    3. Can CM9 run on a 4G? You should be able to although you'll have to set the APN settings yourself
    4. Any other pitfalls to this model? People will want to perform dirty acts on you so they can touch it, you'll probably get cracks by the speakers and actually care.

Twack beat me while I was checking google for new cm9 support developments
    "The Gods do not protect fools, fools are merely protected by more capable fools"
    I am using mine with a $15 a month plan. I dont think cm9 has drivers for the 4g yet.

Sent from my White Touchpad with Communities
  5.    #5  
    Great info so far.

Just to clarify, I'm indifferent to SIM support under CM9. More concerned about loading CM9 and bricking because it uses a different motherboard etc.
    The others have chimed in and provided some good answers but I'd just like to add a bit more

1. You can use any ATT tablet package with it without changing any settings. You can also just use your regular old phone SIM card with it, provided you alter the APN settings in the phone&video calls app (I personally did this to test the HSPA+ modem before getting a single month of AT&T service for it)

2. As others have mentioned, yes, the HSPA+ TouchPad does indeed have full support for updates. They've arrived later for the fauxG TouchPad than the Wifi (I call it the noG) TouchPad in the past, however given the uncertainty of future updates for "current" hardware, it's not known if it even matters that these have gotten updates later

3. CM9 does run on the fauxG TouchPads (though I've personally never done this). I have heard from some that they've successfully used a regular cellular SIM card with it and been able to send SMS messages from the Android messaging app (though in my tests this doesn't work with the webOS messaging app because it doesn't recognize the cellular capabilities of SIM cards)

4. There is no tech support for the fauxG TouchPads, so if you break it you won't get it fixed. This is why I didn't bother putting Android on my fauxG model but did on my noG model.
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    If I read correctly, on the actual 4G TPs, Android CM9 is loadable but 4G capabilities will not work. so it behaves like a wifi device, right. If you are on road and need 4G we can use webOS, but at home on wifi both webOS and CM9 will work.

Original question was whether CM9 will brick TP 4G and looks like answer is no. I want to try but still not confident
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by tabletrus View Post
    If I read correctly, on the actual 4G TPs, Android CM9 is loadable but 4G capabilities will not work. so it behaves like a wifi device, right. If you are on road and need 4G we can use webOS, but at home on wifi both webOS and CM9 will work.

Original question was whether CM9 will brick TP 4G and looks like answer is no. I want to try but still not confident
    It appears CM9 runs fine on a 4G TP. I was looking through the posts in the 4G owner's lounge and it looks like twack has it running on his 4G TP. I went ahead with the trade for the 4G, it is in the mail and will attempt CM9 when it gets here. I will definitely post back the results so their is no confusion.
    Quote Originally Posted by yorxs View Post
    It appears CM9 runs fine on a 4G TP. I was looking through the posts in the 4G owner's lounge and it looks like twack has it running on his 4G TP. I went ahead with the trade for the 4G, it is in the mail and will attempt CM9 when it gets here. I will definitely post back the results so their is no confusion.
    No sim support under CM9 yet. They have an alpha driver, but it still needs to be compiled for the Qualcomm Processor/chipset inside the TP 4G.

http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawik...Cream_Sandwich

http://softlayer.dl.sourceforge.net/...ES_4.0.0_ALPHA
    Last edited by TopTongueBarry; 04/24/2012 at 02:58 AM.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Knowing those smart masses working on CM9 for the TP, it's not out of the realm of possibility that there will be 4G sim support in the near future. I'd say it's perfectly safe to boot up CM9 on it, and if all else fails, I presume the Doctor will be at the rescue, right? :3

Sent from my jailbroken iPod touch using Tapatalk
    Just a twentysomething enjoying his HP Touchpad. Oh crud, I just lost out on 20 bucks...where'd they go?!

Writer, student, furry in spare time. :3
  11.    #11  
    I am happy to report that CM9 installed on my 4G TP without any trouble. In fact I am surprised that this feels like a finished product, everything works just like my wifi one including preware.Totally recomemd for anyone considering making the jump.
    Quote Originally Posted by yorxs View Post
    I am happy to report that CM9 installed on my 4G TP without any trouble. In fact I am surprised that this feels like a finished product, everything works just like my wifi one including preware.Totally recomemd for anyone considering making the jump.
    Does the 4g work?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums