1.    #1  
    I recently started from scratch after webOS doctoring my TP. I just finished most of the stuff in the "get started" thread, and just now I tried the FB and Kindle apps and they don't start. They just stay as a minimized card with a pulsing icon. Same with the YouTube "app," which I don't care about. Anyway, I hope I don't have to start over again, because it takes forever to customize with all the patches and such. Ideas?
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    You can use the preware app save/restore (not 100% sure of the name but it's close) to make doctoring much less arduous. Have you tried just restarting? I find after doctoring and repatching my TP usually needs a restart to run smoothly but it's possible something might have gone a little wrong during the doctoring.
    "The Gods do not protect fools, fools are merely protected by more capable fools"
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by bable View Post
    You can use the preware app save/restore (not 100% sure of the name but it's close) to make doctoring much less arduous. Have you tried just restarting? I find after doctoring and repatching my TP usually needs a restart to run smoothly but it's possible something might have gone a little wrong during the doctoring.
    Does this app save and restore patches too? I thought this was just for apps but maybe I'm wrong.

Yes, I tried restarting and it didn't help. This is the second doctoring in a row gone wrong. The first time, my TP wouldn't properly go into USB Mass Storage mode.
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by giantslor View Post
    Does this app save and restore patches too? I thought this was just for apps but maybe I'm wrong.

Yes, I tried restarting and it didn't help. This is the second doctoring in a row gone wrong. The first time, my TP wouldn't properly go into USB Mass Storage mode.
    I don't think it actually saves the patches or apps, rather it just ques them all for easy download so you can easily get all the preware apps and patches reloaded easily.

Are you using a linux doctor that you compiled yourself? I've compiled a few bad doctors and spent days wracking my brain for ideas until I recompiled and had it work perfectly.
    "The Gods do not protect fools, fools are merely protected by more capable fools"
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by bable View Post
    I don't think it actually saves the patches or apps, rather it just ques them all for easy download so you can easily get all the preware apps and patches reloaded easily.

Are you using a linux doctor that you compiled yourself? I've compiled a few bad doctors and spent days wracking my brain for ideas until I recompiled and had it work perfectly.
    It's the doctor provided by Palm/HP.

That's great if save/restore queues the patches for download. Is there a current guide on how to use this app? I followed a guide on this once before, but I think it was outdated because none of my patches were queued anywhere that I could see after I doctored my TP, copied over the save/restore folder and performed a restore.
  6.    #6  
    I decided to try an "Erase All Apps & Data." Once my apps were restored, I tapped on the Facebook and Kindle icons. Each took me to their respective App Catalog pages, where I reinstalled the actual apps manually. They work now. The YouTube "app" worked too. Also, I figured out batch patch re-install.

I misremembered something in a previous post: I did not doctor my TP twice in a row. The second time I performed a Full Erase, after which I had the problems with the Facebook and Kindle apps.