1.    #1  
    Where can one get this in US now? I was actually looking for a 64 GB white one. Amazon has used for over $470. Looks outrageous, but what is opinion of Gurus here. I am ready to wait few months. will price of Touchpads in general come crashing down further? I recently paid over $400 for a 4G Touchpad. But I am interested to know what people think the trend in pricing will be for next one year. It looks like it is changing hands too fast now.
    My view is that those who have the 64GB and the 4G versions are generally committed to the webOS platform, especially now. When they first came out there was a rush to get them and that pushed the price up a bit. The price has come down a little, but now they are harder to get as those that want them tend to keep them.

I got the 64GB White before I got my 4G. To be honest, I don't use the full capacity of the 64GB. I bought it, originally, for the faster processor and just to be a posey git. For me the 4G has been well worth the extra over the 32GB standard TP.

Having said that, I sold an iPad 1 64GB Wifi to get a brand new White TP 64GB, and still had a little spare change. I think it was a good deal.
    Siobhán

Palm III, Treo 600/650/680/750, Pre, Pre3, AT&T Pre3, tp 4G, tp 64GB.

I am an HP Employee. I am not associated in anyway with the development of webOS or associated devices. Opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not in any way represent HP or Palm in any official manner. Any implications derived from my posts are the result of my own point of view and do not indicate any intention or evidence of past, present or future activity or plans of the aforementioned HP or Palm.
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    I think prices will start to drop once the 1 year warranty is up.

alan
    The 4g had no hardware warranty anyway. Might be different for the 64gb version which did had the warranty.
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    I have one on craigslist with a touchstone for 420 but so far I've only gotten two replies offering 80 and 130... I think white pandas mostly sell to WebOS enthusiasts.
    "The Gods do not protect fools, fools are merely protected by more capable fools"
    I believe I had read that the 64 has a GPS system more advanced than that on the standard TPs
    haven't seen much information on this
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Artichoke View Post
    I believe I had read that the 64 has a GPS system more advanced than that on the standard TPs
    haven't seen much information on this
    It has amazing gps! But it only works when your drinking grape soda with the units screen pointed down, stupid HP... Standard TPs and pandas have no gps, only the 4g has any radios beyond wifi and bluetooth.
    "The Gods do not protect fools, fools are merely protected by more capable fools"
    Quote Originally Posted by alan sh View Post
    I think prices will start to drop once the 1 year warranty is up.

alan
    I'm with alan... but I think the 64 gig and 4G won't drop as much as 16 gig and 32 gig. They are rarer and in the hands on Palm/webOS fans/collectors in a lot of cases. Also not sure if either have warrantyies or if they are in the Pre3 realm. BTW, Pre3 prices haven't dropped and in some cases have gone up from their lows.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    I'm with alan... but I think the 64 gig and 4G won't drop as much as 16 gig and 32 gig. They are rarer and in the hands on Palm/webOS fans/collectors in a lot of cases. Also not sure if either have warrantyies or if they are in the Pre3 realm. BTW, Pre3 prices haven't dropped and in some cases have gone up from their lows.
    I found the exact opposite. I picked up two 32GB TPs just after Christmas for $250 no problem. I tried to get a third this month and I am only seeing 16GB for this price. So I went ahead an ordered a 64GB panda for $375. These were selling for about $450 the last time I tried to pick one up.
    I've been checking prices periodically as well, they've been trending upward all of 2012. There's no new supply, but apparently still plenty of demand.
    "'Form follows function' — that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    I got a brand new 64GB on Ebay for only $355! Unfortunately, I put Android on it, just to try it out
    It works well and I have a bunch of apps, but I still use my 32GB for real work, like email, calendar, texting, etc, yada yada yada...

Android is such a clunker, just use it only for Netflix.
    I've been checking Ebay for months, going back and forth on whether or not I needed a second Panda...and now I can't find anymore for sale. Surely, more will be sold eventually, but I bet the prices will be much higher.

What is a compulsive webOS hoarder to do?
    Quote Originally Posted by bradmeister1 View Post

What is a compulsive webOS hoarder to do?
    Set themselves a challenge and get a TouchPad Go!
    Siobhán

Palm III, Treo 600/650/680/750, Pre, Pre3, AT&T Pre3, tp 4G, tp 64GB.

I am an HP Employee. I am not associated in anyway with the development of webOS or associated devices. Opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not in any way represent HP or Palm in any official manner. Any implications derived from my posts are the result of my own point of view and do not indicate any intention or evidence of past, present or future activity or plans of the aforementioned HP or Palm.