Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    I spotted a HP Touchpad Go 7" on craigslist in San Francisco Bay area. I am not interested, but was strange it is in wild now. why would anyone be interested
    because its a piece of webOS history
    also, a few pre-production devices got out
    it's mostly a collectors item
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Get it. Sell it to me.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    need it to add to my collection. Have a Foleo, but this is almost as rare.
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
    Is it this one? At 250 bucks, it seems a good price... How did it got to the USA? I though it was confined to China, where it was born... and abandoned.
    Pre 3 on GSM Jazztel: UberKernel, Muffle logging & friends, Mode Switcher, Advanced System Menus & Prefs, and then some more.

Proudly choosing the loser side since 1982: Commodore VIC-20, C-64, Amiga 1000 & 3000, bPlan Pegasos & MorphOS, Psion Revo, Palm Pre...
    Rabbi-emu likes this.
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jcmarcos View Post
    Is it this one? At 250 bucks, it seems a good price... How did it got to the USA? I though it was confined to China, where it was born... and abandoned.
    Yes, this was the one i was referring to. I am assuming it came here through HQ Quality assurance group or hardware group
    This form factor always puzzled me - it seems to small to actually be useful as a tablet, but too large to carry around. What was it intended for?
    had both the TouchPad and TouchPad Go actually been available on the market towards the end of last year, I'm about 100% certain I would have bought the Go instead of the regular touchpad. I find the full-size tablets a little big.

I've said it before and I'll say it again - HP may well have been correct to stop making webOS hardware themselves, but canceling the Pre3 and Go when they were in production or production-ready was a colossal mistake.
    Somebody can buy the Touchpad Go and resell me?

Yes, PLEASE, send me a PM!! Serious!!
    Thanks.

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    Hi Guys

Just wondering if HP did in fact release the Touchpad Go??

I have just updated my profile on the HP site to get news letters, update information for my PC, tablet and phone and found that they have listed not only the Touchpad 4G, but also the Touchpad Go...

Interesting??

let me know what you think (see attached)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    They did not release it

It exists, but was never released
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Never released, never announced, but still in the system: http://www.webosnation.com/touchpad-...d-you-have-one

They had plans.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Kessler View Post
    Never released, never announced, but still in the system: http://www.webosnation.com/touchpad-...d-you-have-one

They had plans.
    I still consider it a sad, that those silly people from HP decided to kill all of those devices before releasing into the public. I think that the devices like the TouchPad Go! could had a better fighting chance than the original TouchPad. When comparing that it has a smaller screen size, and a back camera. But ohh, well.....there is nothing that anyone can do at this moment, specially with a stupid company like HP. Supporting windows tablets....GEEZZZZ !!!!!
    Owner of an HP TouchPad (32GB) and a brand new Palm Pre 3 (16GB) for VZ wireless.
    Didn't they have a stockpile of parts for it? HP leaves TouchPad Go suppliers in the lurch with parts for 100K tablets | VentureBeat

Too bad it was never firesaled like the Touchpad.
    Vistaus likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmPixi_User23 View Post
    I still consider it a sad, that those silly people from HP decided to kill all of those devices before releasing into the public. I think that the devices like the TouchPad Go! could had a better fighting chance than the original TouchPad. When comparing that it has a smaller screen size, and a back camera. But ohh, well.....there is nothing that anyone can do at this moment, specially with a stupid company like HP. Supporting windows tablets....GEEZZZZ !!!!!
    Plus the fact that the specs were almost the same as the TP. That would've made it the most powerful 7" tablet on the market to date.
    Go 3G?
    that wouldn't sell. it needs that extra G to be sellable!

never heard of that though.

i guess im a lot more cynical of customers these days
    m505 > Z|71 > T|C > T|T3 > LifeDrive > iPod touch 4 >
    Pre 2 > Treo Pro > Aria > Treo 650 > Lumia 920 > BB Z10 > BB Q10
    Lumia 830 > 635 > iPhone 5s > Galaxy Alpha > Lumia 640 >
    iPhone 5c > Nexus 5 > Nexus 5X > Blackberry Priv
    My Palm OS Archive
    Quote Originally Posted by xandros9 View Post
    Go 3G?
    that wouldn't sell. it needs that extra G to be sellable!

never heard of that though.

i guess im a lot more cynical of customers these days
    Depends on where you live. US is one of the few who has 4G and LTE.
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    I wish I could have run across one of the TPgo version! damnit. :-O

Sent from a Hpre², HPre³,HPTP 16/32 using Communities.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast