Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes
    I kinda wish they did put out the Go
    Quote Originally Posted by xandros9 View Post
    I kinda wish they did put out the Go

Would have been a 'GO-er' I reckon.. would have fitted nicely into hand bags & pockets too!

Quite a few wild ones prowling around in China still so it seems?

Leo really blew it, in spectacular fashion!

Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    Would have been a 'GO-er' I reckon.. would have fitted nicely into hand bags & pockets too!

That's why I wanted to get the Go for the wife. The TP is a lil to big for carrying in almost all her purses.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post

Wish I had a taobao acct. I'd grab this one because I already have one to repair. Need parts. Can't find them anywhare.

Ľ›∆’ WebOS HP touchpad Go Hp PalmPad 3G wi-fi ĺÝįś’š≤ō-Ő‘Ī¶ÕÝ
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    That's why I wanted to get the Go for the wife. The TP is a lil to big for carrying in almost all her purses.
    Same reason I want a Go. Except not for my purse. For my bag. Because I'm a man. I don't have a purse. Stop looking at me like that.
    "'Form follows function' ó that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Kessler View Post
    Same reason I want a Go. Except not for my purse. For my bag. Because I'm a man. I don't have a purse. Stop looking at me like that.
    urgh.!!! But don't you already have a TouchPad Go locked away in your purse, Derek. hm-mm sorry I meant man purse. lol
    Owner of an HP TouchPad (32GB) and a brand new Palm Pre 3 (16GB) for VZ wireless.
    Quote Originally Posted by tabletrus View Post
    Yes, this was the one i was referring to. I am assuming it came here through HQ Quality assurance group or hardware group
    Real yes. Made it to production, No.
    Can you buy one, Probably not, unless you're lucky enough to find one on eBay, CL or Taobao!
    Even if you do find one for sale, "Property of HP, not for retail sale" will most likely be stamped on it's back cover, and you'll be dealing with a seller of dubious nature .....

TP GO model numbers:
    FB386UA#ABA - 16GB Wi-Fi w/ 3G/4G HSPA+ Ericsson data card (Asia)
    FB398UA#ABA - 32GB Wi-Fi w/ 4G LTE Sierra Wireless data card - voice/sms capable (Asia)
    FB438UA#ABA - 16GB Wi-Fi (US, EU, Retail)
    FB439UA#ABA - 32GB Wi-Fi (US, EU, Retail)
    FB441UA#ABA - 32GB Wi-Fi w/ 3G/4G HSPA+ Ericsson data card (ATT, US Retail)
    FB446UA#ABB - 32GB Wi-Fi w/ 3G/4G HSPA+ Ericsson data card (EU, Retail)

HP Touchpad GO - FB386UA#ABA
    Last edited by TopTongueBarry; 05/03/2012 at 07:19 PM.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Titanse View Post
    Hi Guys

Just wondering if HP did in fact release the Touchpad Go??
    No, but a few of them managed to escape into the wild ....
    Last edited by TopTongueBarry; 05/07/2012 at 04:04 AM.
    <<threads merged>>
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    TTB, do you have more than one Go in your possession atm? Are you willing to sell one of them to me?
    Quote Originally Posted by G.Vos View Post
    TTB, do you have more than one Go in your possession atm? Are you willing to sell one of them to me?
    Sorry, can't help you. I suspect you have me confused with a seller of dubious nature ........

However, if you're willing to take over the hunt for go karts, I know someone who "might" be selling a broken GO very soon.

The device in question needs a transaxle (digitizer board) and the oddball, one of a kind drive shaft (ribbon cable) that connects the transaxle to the engine (main board), so you can't steer it until those parts are replaced (touchscreen doesn't function).

Somewhere there's supposedly enough karts for 100,000 GO's!
    I've searched near and far without any luck.

TTB
    Last edited by TopTongueBarry; 05/06/2012 at 06:02 PM.
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Thx for your reply TTB! I thought ive read somewhere you were building up a nice pile of webOS hardware and already had a TP GO.

Unfortunately i dont have the technical wisdom as you have of technical thinga like replacing digitizers etc.. So buying a broken TP GO isnt a good idea

and
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    Sorry, can't help you. I suspect you have me confused with a seller of dubious nature ........

However, if you're willing to take over the hunt for go karts, I "might" know of someone selling a broken GO very soon.

The device in question needs a transaxle (digitizer board) and the oddball, one of a kind drive shaft (ribbon cable) that connects the transaxle to the engine (main board), so you can't steer it until those parts are replaced (touchscreen doesn't function).

Somewhere there's supposedly enough karts for 100,000 GO's!

TTB

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    NOTE:
    Members:
    Please remember to use our Marketplace Forum for equipment requests (buying/selling - as long as you have enough posts) and not the main forums.

Thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    [NOTE]Members:
    Please remember to use our Marketplace Forum for equipment requests (buying/selling - as long as you have enough posts) and not the main forums.

Thank you [/NOTE]
    Somebody might have accidentially slipped up and made an errent equipment request in here, however you can be sure there's no buying or selling going on.

Only some aimless chatter for those of us succumbed to boredom!

Last edited by TopTongueBarry; 05/06/2012 at 05:57 PM.
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    I REALLY wanted a Pre-3 and a TP GO. Instead I have a Pre-2 and a TP. I suppose their thinking was that as soon as they knew they were going to kill HP hardware they instantly stopped the release of new models. Otherwise they would have to support more models on their back-up servers and support the software and hardware for years to come, even if they only sold a few thousand of them. The whole decision to "kill" was WAY premature of course. But that was probably the reason to not release the new models. What a loss.
    I seen people go crazy with bets on eBay to buy such product like the now defunct TouchPad Go, still makes me wonder why would anyone buy such a thing. While, I feel envy for the TouchPad Go, cause it was everything that the original TouchPad should had been in the beginning. Back 5mp camera, soft cover(like palm Pre phones), and a bit of a different design of the location of the speakers. I think that if HP woulda done things right(when it launched the TouchPad products), maybe the TouchPad tablet could had been a big sale hit with retail markets and consumers alike.

Anyways, what I was talking about.... A product like the HP TouchPad Go tablet that is useless and doesn't gonna get any more attention from HP company, and maybe the whole science project that HP is running right now with Open Sourcing WebOS will (probably/maybe) come to a close due to HP inefficiency and incompetence. Why make purchase of a product that is completely a waste of money and useless for the matter of fact?
    Last edited by PalmPixi_User23; 06/12/2012 at 12:21 AM.
    Owner of an HP TouchPad (32GB) and a brand new Palm Pre 3 (16GB) for VZ wireless.
    Because it doesn't become useless simply because it's not updated? How many updates has your microwave received since purchase?
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Global Posts
    271 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    Because it doesn't become useless simply because it's not updated? How many updates has your microwave received since purchase?
    My microwave has had a few fuzes since i bought it
    The road to success is always under construction
    blackfireball5 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmPixi_User23 View Post
    Anyways, what I was talking about.... A product like the HP TouchPad Go tablet that is useless and doesn't gonna get any more attention from HP company, and maybe the whole science project that HP is running right now with Open Sourcing WebOS will (probably/maybe) come to a close due to HP inefficiency and incompetence. Why make purchase of a product that is completely a waste of money and useless for the matter of fact?
    There is at least one reported TP Go running an OTA of 3.0.6

Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    My microwave gets OTA's, yours doesn't?
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    dkirker likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmPixi_User23 View Post
    I seen people go crazy with bets on eBay to buy such product like the now defunct TouchPad Go, still makes me wonder why would anyone buy such a thing. While, I feel envy for the TouchPad Go, cause it was everything that the original TouchPad should had been in the beginning. Back 5mp camera, soft cover(like palm Pre phones), and a bit of a different design of the location of the speakers. I think that if HP woulda done things right(when it launched the TouchPad products), maybe the TouchPad tablet could had been a big sale hit with retail markets and consumers alike.

we had some news storys not long ago that mentioned the touchpad was idd an HP android device in its conception/design and later stuffed with webOS, was anything similar said about the touchpad go? was it the same android heritage or was it an actual palm designed device.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast