1.    #1  
    If you missed them the other day on Woot, you can get one here.

Moo
    BREAKING NEWS: All credit card PIN numbers in the World leaked. Here is a sample.....0001, 0002, 0003......
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    It's very addictive to me. It looks like I should almost grab one, for all family members but then I have two TP already. I was trying to get a white one, but it is hard to get. I almost got hold of one in craigslist, but buyer withdrew at last moment.

Does this $250 deal going to be the best? Also how new are these, i assume they are from manufaturer directly. Anyone here grabbed one?
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    I got one on the deal Sunday; it showed up today.
    Brand new factory sealed in the box.
    Having fun figuring out how to use it, now.
    thanks for the link, it is a shame they don't accept international billing,
    i tried sending one to my family in Fremont CA , i always wanted one,
    no luck since my online shopping mastercard is issued by an Arab bank where i am currently working.
    pfft... been searching for a new good priced TP since the day i missed the firesale, i always miss good deals.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by labwizard View Post
    thanks for the link, it is a shame they don't accept international billing,
    i tried sending one to my family in Fremont CA , i always wanted one,
    no luck since my online shopping mastercard is issued by an Arab bank where i am currently working.
    pfft... been searching for a new good priced TP since the day i missed the firesale, i always miss good deals.
    Couldn't you work it out with your family to have them pay for it and you reimburse them?
    In my family, i am the only one who does the online purchase, and believe me there is a good reason and an ironic story behind that :S
    i have left a msg for my cousin, let's hope he will reply today and we're 10:00pm here,
    the next best offer is amazon and i don't want to pay $300 + on amazon without slipcase too
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    The deal is still on. So you can buy it, they accept paypal too. I assume paypal will work from anywhere in the world, right. This is definitely a great deal as even in ebay people are demanding $275. It is inevitable this will come down once google releases a tablet and more tablets flood the market.

Yesterday I went to Frys and looked at all tablets - sony (horrible look and feel), acer, toshiba, asus, fujitsu all. I am not a HP ****** by any mean, but I should admit the Touchpad look and feel is absolutely awesome. There is something zen like in this tablet. Such a smooth finish and awesome feel. With over 25 tablets in bestbuy, I could not get a wow on any of them. Alas, there was no touchpad. This had a great chance of success. I am sure MBAs will ponder over fate of Palm/Hp for years to come. The ipad was in a different area and it looks very toyish compared to webos and android. I have 2 touchpads and we love it. I sometimes prefer to use it naked, but have the case for at least first few months. I never have case for any of my smartphones. I feel it destroys the joy of holding the bare metal and glass.
    I did the Woot deal last sunday and got mine this past week. I'm new to WebOS but I'm enjoying it so far. The "slipcase" was a joke that it shipped with though. I immediately ordered the leather one from amazon (acase) for around 22 bucks. I had a toshiba thrive for a while, liked some things about it better and like some things about the TP better.
    Quote Originally Posted by pete187 View Post
    I did the Woot deal last sunday and got mine this past week. I'm new to WebOS but I'm enjoying it so far. The "slipcase" was a joke that it shipped with though. I immediately ordered the leather one from amazon (acase) for around 22 bucks. I had a toshiba thrive for a while, liked some things about it better and like some things about the TP better.
    Can you say wjy the slipcase was a joke, it was HP case, right?
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pete187 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by webby495 View Post
    Can you say wjy the slipcase was a joke, it was HP case, right?
    Yeah the slipcase is a joke.
    It's basically a rubbery envelope with felt inside it.
    No padding to protect the screen or stiff backing for sturdiness.
    Luckily, it was free.
    Don't get me wrong, it was better than nothing until I can get a nice case for it.