1.    #1  
    For those who are looking for a deal on a 32GB TouchPad, PC Connection Express has refurbished units on sale for $209 right now.

HP TouchPad 10in Dual-Core 32GB Wifi Tablet (REFURB) for $209 + free shipping
  2.    #2  
    Wow... I figured $209 would ring some people's bells. The 'refurb' state may be touchy to some though.
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Wow... I figured $209 would ring some people's bells. The 'refurb' state may be touchy to some though.
    There's no disagreeing about being touchy about the refurb models of the TouchPad. In my opinion, I wouldn't go for buying a used TouchPad.... specially hearing tons of stories from people that had problems with those kind of refub products from HP.

I was lucky enough to get my hands on a TouchPad, during last year "FireSale" which were brand new devices(not those 'refurb' which companies are now selling online). Even remember, buying it on the Best Buy stores when the news was still spreading that HP dropped support for all WebOS related materials. It was me standing in line until it got my turn to go to the register, only to find out that there was only one box left at that specific store(even while people were still standing behind me, with sad faces that they weren't getting one).

There was even people who approached me to buy it off from me, giving me almost a bit more money that I paid for it. But proudly took the decision to reject those offers, I'm glad that I did. Couldn't be happy with the TouchPad, but fully disappointed at the people who are running WebOS(Yes, HP!!! I'm looking directly at you)
    Owner of an HP TouchPad (32GB) and a brand new Palm Pre 3 (16GB) for VZ wireless.
    Refurb doesn't always mean "previously" broken and I for one almost always look for refurb units. I have a little background in retail and understand that more often than not refurb means "knocking the dust off the unsold units", or "previous owner incompetent". As a general rule, electronic stuff, especially solid state stuff, either goes bad right away or not at all. I just picked up a 32GB TP off Craigslist, new in box with charger stand, rubber folio case/stand & blue tooth keyboard for $200. I couldn't be happier. It was "virgin" when I got it but I've already installed Android ICS and dual boot into either WebOS (which I'd never used but LOVE! ) or Android, depending on what I want to do. In any event, ymmv.
    "The technology of a sufficiently advanced civilization will be virtually indistinguishable from magic."

Sir Arthur C. Clarke
    I think its a great deal, as long as it has a warranty. I'm not in the market for one but if I was......
    woot has for $250 with case for New. Why would people take risk with refurb or ebay or craigslist where there is a 'risk' involved. No otgher new tablets can be got for $250 now. Even the Coby is $249 for 9"
    Last edited by webby495; 04/21/2012 at 07:48 PM.
  7.    #7  
    LOL.... a Coby? really?
    Quote Originally Posted by webby495 View Post
    woot has for $250 with case for New. Why would people take risk with refurb or ebay or craigslist where there is a 'risk' involved. No otgher new tablets can be got for $250 now. Even the Coby is $249 for 9"
    If you know what you're doing and what to look for, the risk is more apparent than real. That's why retailers are so happy to sell you those extended warrantys. Actuarially (to coin a word) it is highly unlikely that you will present a compensable claim within the warranty period. It is pure profit from the retailers perspective and a pure waste of money from the consumers perspective. Quality control is so good that manufacturing defects are close to zero.

Of course, you always have outliers like Dell a few years ago. Somebody in purchasing bought a bunch of leaky capacitors that slipped through and found their way into zillions of components. That was a nightmare but it showed up very early on.
    "The technology of a sufficiently advanced civilization will be virtually indistinguishable from magic."

Sir Arthur C. Clarke