Results 1 to 12 of 12
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By sledge007
  • 2 Post By Moboy1
  1.    #1  
    I've recently replaced my cracked Touchpad screen and everything is working fine apart from the power button. It was working while I had it open but isn't anymore. Is it possible to fix it?
  2. bable's Avatar
    Posts
    247 Posts
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    #2  
    Have you tried prodding it around with a needle or fine screwdriver? If it's just a little out of place that can jimmy it back into position but if it isn't connected properly then you'll have to crack it back open.
    "The Gods do not protect fools, fools are merely protected by more capable fools"
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by bable View Post
    Have you tried prodding it around with a needle or fine screwdriver? If it's just a little out of place that can jimmy it back into position but if it isn't connected properly then you'll have to crack it back open.
    Will give it a go nothing looked out of place though
  4. bable's Avatar
    Posts
    247 Posts
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Trinnersboy View Post
    Will give it a go nothing looked out of place though
    If the button still has the "clicky springy" feeling it originally had (technical terms!) then it's probably an internal thing, which sucks... Still, gently poking rarely hurts anyone
    "The Gods do not protect fools, fools are merely protected by more capable fools"
  5. Moboy1's Avatar
    Posts
    13 Posts
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    #5  
    Well, I've had mine for less than a week now.
    Got up this morning and it won't turn on.
    Guess it's going back and I'll just break down and get an Ipad.
    Yuck.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Moboy1 View Post
    Well, I've had mine for less than a week now.
    Got up this morning and it won't turn on.
    Guess it's going back and I'll just break down and get an Ipad.
    Yuck.
    Plug it in, leave it for the day,and try it again.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by bable View Post
    If the button still has the "clicky springy" feeling it originally had (technical terms!) then it's probably an internal thing, which sucks... Still, gently poking rarely hurts anyone
    Yes it still feels the same nothing happens when pushed though so probably an internal issue
  8. Moboy1's Avatar
    Posts
    13 Posts
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    #8  
    It's plugged in now.
    Crossing my fingers. . .
    Hope it works, cause so far I'm really liking the look and feel of this much more than my friends ipad.
    A few annoying things I've been trying to learn, but overall I like it a lot.
    But won't turn on with a full charge???
    Not a good way to start the day.
  9. #9  
    I can't say for sure it will work, but it's something to try. You've also tried holding Power+Home/Center buttons for 15 seconds, to see if it can force a restart?

    How do you know it has a full charge, if it won't turn on?
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Moboy1 likes this.
  10. Moboy1's Avatar
    Posts
    13 Posts
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    I can't say for sure it will work, but it's something to try. You've also tried holding Power+Home/Center buttons for 15 seconds, to see if it can force a restart?

    How do you know it has a full charge, if it won't turn on?
    It had a full charge when I turned it off and it was plugged in all night.
    Meanwhile the force restart seemed to do the trick!
    YAAAAY!
    Thanks so much.
    Now if I can figure out why it wouldn't come on. . .
    But hey, I learned something new already today; so I'm gonna count that as a win.
    sledge007 and bable like this.
  11. bable's Avatar
    Posts
    247 Posts
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    #11  
    Another one saved from going fruity! Not that there's anything wrong with going fruity, but...

    Trinner, that blows. My limited experience says it's an internal thing, but have you also tried Sledges idea of forcing a restart? If that doesn't do it then you'll probably get to dive back into it.
    "The Gods do not protect fools, fools are merely protected by more capable fools"
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by bable View Post
    Another one saved from going fruity! Not that there's anything wrong with going fruity, but...

    Trinner, that blows. My limited experience says it's an internal thing, but have you also tried Sledges idea of forcing a restart? If that doesn't do it then you'll probably get to dive back into it.
    Yes restart doesn't work because power button is dead, will have to open it up again

Posting Permissions