1.    #1  
    Hi

My wifi is connected, but won't open any webpages, won't load up the app store, and won't launch preware.
    It say 'Time out' 'No connection' etc.
    But my wifi is connected.

I turned the wifi off, then back on.
    I also restasrted the device, but same problem.

It happened after i was browsing ebay, the page was taking to long to download, so I closed the window, and re-opened it.
    since then, i cant get anything.
    Is it 'stuck' downloading that ebay page somehow?

Is there anyway to 'refresh' the wifi when this happens,?

Iv'e cleared the cookies and cache etc, still no joy.

One thing ive noticed about every tablet ive used so far, is it either has poor wifi reception, or often crashes while loading webpages.
    Very annoying and seems a curse with tablets.

The Touchpad has excellent wifi reception, and has not crashed on me since I got it 4 days ago, but now that the wifi has crashed, how do i fix it?

Thanks
    Try resetting your router. Turn off the WiFi on your TouchPad, wait until the router is back online, then reconnect it.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    Try resetting your router. Turn off the WiFi on your TouchPad, wait until the router is back online, then reconnect it.
    Just turn of my wifi for a few minutes will reset it?

I will try.
    But just to let you know before i try,
    My internet browser works now, but i still cant access the hp shop, or the preware catalogue.

a bit worrying..
    i'll try the router reset and see how it goes.
    Just unplug for about 30 seconds, and then plug it back in. Once it's back online, try reconnecting. It happens to me occasionally, and not just specifically with my TouchPad, have a laptop in the house as well, and that usually fixes it.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  5.    #5  
    Thanks

its fine now.

I will remember this useful tip in future.

though it obviously won't work on a publicly shared WiFi (can't just turn off the WiFi or reset it in a netcafe for example) its fine for my home one.

I have a netbook and I don't recall it ever happening with it.

Anyway, so far the touchpad is the most reliable & elegant tablet I have used.