Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Is there any simple way of using slingbox on the TP? thanks
    Install Android and buy the app, or try the instructions via the links in my post from 1/14 in this thread: http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...ml#post3283678
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    i am trying to use the facebook app but can't seem to get it to work?
    Quote Originally Posted by signatures.com View Post
    i am trying to use the facebook app but can't seem to get it to work?
    Did you apply the hulu patch?
    Stay thirsty, my friends
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    no, where do i find that? what patch is it exactly? thanks
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by signatures.com View Post
    no, where do i find that? what patch is it exactly? thanks
    I have installed preware, but don't see a hulu patch anywhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by signatures View Post
    I have installed preware, but don't see a hulu patch anywhere.
    You need to read my above post, it has all the links to the info you will need. Start with the first link I provided and it will provide you with more links from there. You just need to read and follow the instructions in the appropriate threads.
    Stay thirsty, my friends
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    I stay in webOS and just use Splashtop.
    ****Reducing Inventory****
    ###FOR SALE###

VZW Pre+ 1.4.5 500/1000 on demand Lithium 418
    White ATT Veer 2.1.2 with 1.4 on demand Lithium 122
    Black ATT Veer 2.1.2 Stock Lithium 196 - broken screen, spare parts
    webOS internals NA Pre3 2.2.4 Stock Lithium 111
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by suprolla View Post
    I stay in webOS and just use Splashtop.
    I have tried that but does it work when i am not home and the desktop is off? thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by signatures View Post
    I have tried that but does it work when i am not home and the desktop is off? thanks
    You will have to do a few things. (It's never easy, right?!) First, YES your desktop has to be on, so if you know you want to use it, leave it on or learn how to remotely activate it using your modem (google instructions specific to your setup). Also you will have to learn how to forward a port on your desktop (Splashtop customer support has instructions on their website) and look up your Modem IP address (Splashtop needs this for remote usage under setup) which is different than your home wifi address. Your service provider should be able to provide you customer service to look that up. Another part of the Modem IP address is that it occasionally changes unless you have it setup as a static IP address (more expensive) so occasionally you have to update the IP address in your Splashtop setup. It took me a while to figure this out, but I got it to work and can tether my TP to my Pre3 using freetether app (available in Preware) on ATT with HSPA data and use Splashtop to watch Slingbox (my 2GB data cap prevents me from doing this often as this setup uses ALOT of data; a typical 2 hr session sucks down over 1 GB, half a months worth!) It probably sounds more complicated than it is, but it can be done. I can probably talk you through it or dummy down the steps for you with a user guide, but didn't want to waste my time unless there was some interest in that shown here. There might already be some instructions for this in the Splashtop thread. Good luck and please let me know if I can help. I will be happy to in my spare time.
    BTW, I personally think the Facebook app with the hulu patch is MUCH easier and more reliable, IF your Slingbox unit is compatible (some older devices aren't)
    Last edited by matteebee13; 04/22/2012 at 10:18 AM.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    I have also recently discovered that logmein.com works on the touchpad. It automatically does all the configuration you mentioned above for easy access from outside your network. You can also wake your computer from sleep so you can still save electricity, but have the accessibility as needed. I do not ever turn off my computers.
    ****Reducing Inventory****
    ###FOR SALE###

VZW Pre+ 1.4.5 500/1000 on demand Lithium 418
    White ATT Veer 2.1.2 with 1.4 on demand Lithium 122
    Black ATT Veer 2.1.2 Stock Lithium 196 - broken screen, spare parts
    webOS internals NA Pre3 2.2.4 Stock Lithium 111
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by matteebee13 View Post
    You will have to do a few things. (It's never easy, right?!) First, YES your desktop has to be on, so if you know you want to use it, leave it on or learn how to remotely activate it using your modem (google instructions specific to your setup). Also you will have to learn how to forward a port on your desktop (Splashtop customer support has instructions on their website) and look up your Modem IP address (Splashtop needs this for remote usage under setup) which is different than your home wifi address. Your service provider should be able to provide you customer service to look that up. Another part of the Modem IP address is that it occasionally changes unless you have it setup as a static IP address (more expensive) so occasionally you have to update the IP address in your Splashtop setup. It took me a while to figure this out, but I got it to work and can tether my TP to my Pre3 using freetether app (available in Preware) on ATT with HSPA data and use Splashtop to watch Slingbox (my 2GB data cap prevents me from doing this often as this setup uses ALOT of data; a typical 2 hr session sucks down over 1 GB, half a months worth!) It probably sounds more complicated than it is, but it can be done. I can probably talk you through it or dummy down the steps for you with a user guide, but didn't want to waste my time unless there was some interest in that shown here. There might already be some instructions for this in the Splashtop thread. Good luck and please let me know if I can help. I will be happy to in my spare time.
    BTW, I personally think the Facebook app with the hulu patch is MUCH easier and more reliable, IF your Slingbox unit is compatible (some older devices aren't)
    Thanks for the help, i will try it out....the facebook app doesn't seem to work so maybe my slingbox is too old.