Like Tree13Likes
  • 12 Post By GMMan
  • 1 Post By GMMan
  1.    #1  
    I finished typing up a organization proposal (on my TP ) and put it up on Google Docs. This will be the thread where all of the planning goes. The other thread is mostly for support purposes. Feel free to comment both here and on the document, though on this thread is preferred.

Link: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...kAW9Re4kQ/edit

The official contribution signup form is here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...MnE5amMtRXc6MQ. Please fill the form out if you're interested in contributing.
    I think I would make an excellent editor/proofreader for the Pivot team. My creative writing skills
    are not my strongest point (I always was good at writing in English class, but hated doing it),
    but if you need a good grammar/punctuation/spelling knot-zee (say it out loud; word-filter censored it)
    who isn't a jerk, then I'm exactly who you are looking for.

Also, I have some image-editing/photoshop skills and a strong eye for imperfections. For instance,
    I could spot numerous simple fixes for the first issue of homebrew Pivot that I could remedy in
    just a few minutes (in Paint!); compression artifacts in the images used, slight tweak of the background
    needed (has unsightly lines), and the need for a ClearType-style/antialiased fonts.
    Mind you I'm not trying to criticize, I'm trying to show how I could be helpful.
    Last edited by darksomos; 04/16/2012 at 11:03 PM. Reason: Word-filter issue
    If you still need a writer, I might be interested. I could do a monthly article I think, not sure about my time commitments but I'd love to try!
    - techlover10, long time webOS fan and Pulse News supporter
    Please check out my thread at http://forums.webosnation.com/app-re...may-think.html
  4.    #4  
    Just sent an email to all the editorial staff, design/layout, and technical people. Hoping to hear from everyone soon (if my email doesn't get jumbled up in some random tube of the Internet)!

@techlover10: Sure, just fill the official signup form linked in the OP.
    It'd be nice for an Apollo mention, we're trying to get some userbase .
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    I know this is a prototype, but is there a way to make type look nicer?
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by GlennBeck View Post
    I could try resizing without sharpening. Of course, it's done with Word->PDF->super high-res PNG->IrfanView resize, so the end result wouldn't look as nice as it should. I'll see if one of the design guys could run it off in some professional program.
    I have Photoshop if you want me to do that too.
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    Quote Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
    I'll see if one of the design guys could run it off in some professional program.
    Would be quite happy to, let me know.
    By the way, I was not trying to be negative, this is really cool. Reading back it looks like I was whining I was just wondering if there way a way to sharpen so that it would more professional. I have design programs as well and would be willing to try and restyle if you need.

Great work so far!
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 10/23/2012 at 11:56 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by GlennBeck View Post
    I think he said it was just a test font page (from another thread).
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  12.    #12  
    We're doing a private vote regarding infrastructure. If you've signed up using the official form, please check for an email from me.
    What's the news?
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    I also was wondering. maybe an updated cover each month (with no new news stamped on it) to allow us testers to confirm it is still working.

I'll make one Tuesday for June if no one with better skills does it first (hint hint) :employees:
    If you need a translator for a German edition - count on me!
    btw i was wondering it your planning on keeping the format the same as vanilla pivot, flick left/right for pages etc or if you were going to expand on it (soon or much) later somehow like having guest articles from other webOS or tech related sources if you flick up/down.

example:

Usual pivoty on default/top, flick down for some webosnation section, flick down again for a feed showing a collection of predoodle pics, flick down again for a preview of what the enemy are doing ([i]android/ios etc[i]).

still awesome if its vanilla tho, but would be nice if your all thinking of enhancing it 1 day beyond its normal format, tbh in the hands of a homebrew team it sounds like it could easily do more in a good way for webOS as a whole, youd also be god damned legends if it was eventually somehow made available in 1 way or another for phones as well.

actually quite excited overall, even if it remains vanilla, its still a unique and handy idea, its just another reason why it a shame HP dropped the ball.
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    btw i was wondering it your planning on keeping the format the same as vanilla pivot, flick left/right for pages etc or if you were going to expand on it (soon or much) later somehow like having guest articles from other webOS or tech related sources if you flick up/down.

example:

Usual pivoty on default/top, flick down for some webosnation section, flick down again for a feed showing a collection of predoodle pics, flick down again for a preview of what the enemy are doing ([i]android/ios etc[i]).

still awesome if its vanilla tho, but would be nice if your all thinking of enhancing it 1 day beyond its normal format, tbh in the hands of a homebrew team it sounds like it could easily do more in a good way for webOS as a whole, youd also be god damned legends if it was eventually somehow made available in 1 way or another for phones as well.

actually quite excited overall, even if it remains vanilla, its still a unique and handy idea, its just another reason why it a shame HP dropped the ball.
    Could be possible. Currently we're trying to keep it aligned to the way App Catalog is set up, but in the future we could very well have a separate app, and depending what the server devs would like to to, we could be running Enyo on it so that anyone can browse the magazine online.
    geekpeter likes this.
    really great project, ive already filled out the contributors form and am well stoked to see my name suggestion on the official poll...and its got some votes (other than mine )
    Touchpad 4G, Pre3