Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Grabber5.0
  • 1 Post By pogeypre
  • 2 Post By Do Not Touch
  1.    #1  
    HP Touchpad Drop Test

Hey guys, ever wondered how durable your Touchpad is? I did. Click the link to watch on youtube

Last edited by AJG999; 04/14/2012 at 08:38 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by AJG999 View Post
    HP Touchpad Drop Test

Hey guys, ever wondered how durable your Touchpad is? I did. Click the link to watch on youtube

?
    Trying to see how many views you can generate?
    Any cracks in the case now?
    A touchpad without a case would survive that fall easily.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    I was standing in the living room last week with my Touchpad in my hand (in HP case) when my son and I had a collision (again, I was standing, not moving ) and it was knocked out of my hand and crashed on to the hardwood floor hitting face up on one corner. Didn't inspect for cracks on the case, but it is still working fine.

This video seemed kind of silly to me.
    pogeypre likes this.
    Uh............ cool...... But does your Touchpad pick lottery numbers?
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
    mauro1 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    This video seemed kind of silly to me.
    Compared to what I've seen folks do to Thinkpads, Go search youtube for something like "thinkpad drop crush test" if you haven't seen it. But having said that, I still wouldn't intentionally do that to my Touchpad so it would be a big scarey deal to me if mine dropped even that far. I'm a whimp that way I guess.
    I've dropped my TouchPad several times, and not one time was on purpose. Whatever floats your boat I guess
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Keep moving it up a foot, and film your face, instead of the touchpad.
    You plug your phone in?
    Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypre View Post
    Uh............ cool...... But does your Touchpad pick lottery numbers?
    of course it does since there is a random number generator in linux. Much more useful, though, if it picked WINNING numbers, and not after the drawing either,
    Palm Pilot -> IBM WorkPad -> Handspring Visor -> Palm VIIx -> Palm T|X -> Palm Pre -> US GSM Palm Pre 2 [shelved] and 16GB HP TouchPad [died] -> (Samsung GNex and 32GB HP Touchpad with CM9)
    Can this Touchpad print money and tranform into a jet and take you to an island?
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    My 3-yr old daughter took it upon herself to perform this same experiment a couple hours ago. The findings of her experiment? No visible damage and Angry Birds still works perfectly.........not that she'll ever be allowed to play it again unless she is supervised and I have her personal laptop as collateral.
    I've dropped my TouchPad twice: both times from desk height, and both times were accidents. There was not any damage to the screen or case in either incident. I would question the intelligence of anybody who would deliberately drop any tablet from any height. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

You can find plenty of iPads with badly shattered screens on eBay. Obviously, iPads are not as rugged as TouchPads. I've always thought of HP as the Checker Marathon of computers, while Apple is a disposable fashion garment -- like a dress to be worn once.

Maybe a small part of the reason the TouchPad failed was because the target market wasn't old enough to remember when taxi cabs were built like trucks. Durability isn't as durable as it used to be.
    creepycat and treodoc755 like this.
  14.    #14  
    Thankfully it didn't crack and is continuing to work perfectly. I thought it'd be a realistic test dropping it while in the case as most people use it with one. I was a bit scared when I picked it because I didn't know what the outcome would be but HP is solid quality
    higher! higher!
    You plug your phone in?
    This is blasphemous, I know.

See now that you have everyone's interest. You should take a measurement of where you dropped it the first time, and start taking bids. And everytime somebody bids it goes up, by a certain distance. $1/inch or something. People keep bidding until it winds out, then once the bids are in, let it go. Then you have enough money to buy a new one.

It's a ridiculous idea, I'd never do it.... Just a random thought, too big to put on Twitter
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    This is blasphemous, I know.

See now that you have everyone's interest. You should take a measurement of where you dropped it the first time, and start taking bids. And everytime somebody bids it goes up, by a certain distance. $1/inch or something. People keep bidding until it winds out, then once the bids are in, let it go. Then you have enough money to buy a new one.

It's a ridiculous idea, I'd never do it.... Just a random thought, too big to put on Twitter
    Lol
    Cat up a Treo (now on the Pre, yo!)
    Creepycat at Creepycast Podcast

Palm user since "the one after the pilot" and still horde a drawer full of pda models as well as cradles and fold up keyboards because i was too greedy to let them "go" when they could have "went".
    I'm glad you did this test. Makes me feel better about my TouchPad even though I cringed when yours hit the floor. My daughter dropped her EVO 3D a few weeks ago face down on the floor at her school and cracked the screen. It was in an Otterbox case (they don't "protect" the screen) . I dropped my EVO 3D last Friday from 3 feet in the grass on it's side in front of her school (must be that darn school). Darn screen shattered. My son dropped is iPod Touch. Darn screen shattered. I dropped my Pre Minus from greater heights on harder surfaces causing some nasty gouges but the screen did not crack. The Pre's screen is plastic. The EVO 3D and iPod screens are glass. The TouchPad's screen is glass also, so you can understand my concern. I have had a hard grip on my TouchPad ever since. Your video is not going to get me to loosing my grip, but it does offer some comfort.

---Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities (a great webOS app!)