Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By geeksquadkid
  1.    #1  
    Hi Guys,
    Ok after installing Android and didnt realize the touchstone will not work anymore. After charging it directly to cable the touchpad wont turn on anymore and if i try to hard reset it I get this. Any suggestion how to fix this? thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Looks like your power chip can't recognize the battery. For some reason I'm thinking let it drain and see if you can charge it again. I don't know how you can keep your TP on enough to drain it, but it's an idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnhouse View Post
    Hi Guys,
    Ok after installing Android and didnt realize the touchstone will not work anymore. After charging it directly to cable the touchpad wont turn on anymore and if i try to hard reset it I get this. Any suggestion how to fix this? thanks
    My veer did that and it was bricked so im not sure if its the same for the touchpad but i dont see why not it cant detect the battery anymore which means its bricked. So i say yes .
    I believe (could be wrong) that with android if it runs out of battery it goes below the voltage required to even start charging back up. You would need to take it apart and charge the battery seperatly. There is a thread here somewhere. (called how I fixed my touchpad or something)
    W00sh likes this.
  5.    #5  
    Thanks Guys,
    I will try to search for that thread but if you ever find it please share the link
    Try this, just in case.

dead touchpad?

Quote Originally Posted by noxis View Post
    A key combo I learned from palm support was press and hold power button then press the centre button 10 times in a row while still holding power.

It took two goes of the above for me, first time I pressed them quite slowly, second time pressed them quite fast and it worked.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 05/07/2012 at 01:48 AM.
    "How I revived my touchpad" by kjhenry in touchpad tips. Can't link it, sorry.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    So in android, dont let the battery get below a certain level? I read people saying 10%.
    Back to webOS with my new Touchpad!!!
    Check Out My TouchPad Theme "Paint It Black" http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...iew-black.html