1.    #1  
    Hey Everyone,

I just got my 32GB Touchpad and am quite excited to get into using it. Unfortunately, I'm having issues accessing the usable USB memory in Windows 7 (32 Bit). It seems to work fine as a drive with an assigned letter on my on my girlfriend's XP system. I used the Novacom Installer for Windows 7 32 bit. Also, this TP is running webOS and has not been modded to Android (yet ;-) ).

In my 'Devices and Printers', it's listed simply as 'webOS-device', and in properties only gives the Model (as 'webOS-device') and Categories (as 'Storage device'). There is no drive letter assigned.

Under 'Disk Management', the device appears as 'Disk 1' with '27.52 GB Unallocated'. If I check properties under Disk 1, the HP webOS-device USB Device is listed as working properly. I can not access the memory to transfer files over, and when i right click on the unallocated space, my only options are 'New Simple Volume', 'Properties' and 'Help'. If I try to change the drive letter/path of Disk 1, I receive the following message:

"The operation failed to complete because the Disk Management console view is not up-to-date. Refresh the view by using the refresh task. If the problem persists close the Disk Management console, then restart Disk Management or restart the computer"

Any help with this issue is absurdly appreciated!

Thanks!
    Last edited by DrEvermor; 04/13/2012 at 06:03 PM.
    Looks like the FAT partition on your TP is not being recognized. Can the TP read it OK?
  3.    #3  
    Under the Device Info, it does list the memory as being there, which makes me think there's not a problem on that end. Also, I can format/rename on MiniTool Partition Wizard if I really want, but still can't access the USB memory to load any files onto it/do anything under Disk Management.
  4.    #4  
    Interesting... The drive mounts fine with letter and all in XP virtual mode. Still no luck on Windows 7 though.