Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By manuarmata
  1.    #1  
    Since the touchpad is blessed with a very weak backplate that cracks just by looking at it i decided to give it a proper enclosure. Making a proper enclosure is not as easy as it looks but with the proper tools it is possible. i chose wood since it is light, easy to shape durable and schock absorbing. and gave the enclosure an art deco / dieselpunk (whatever you prefer) look matching my furniture.

here is my answer to a cracking touchpad

art deco tablet pc by manuarmata, on Flickr

art deco tablet pc 2 by manuarmata, on Flickr

art deco tablet pc buttons by manuarmata, on Flickr
    Very nice craftsmanship. And you put buttons on that? wow. I like the speaker holes you put in it. and the lines framing the speaker holes. And a burnished/burnt finish? Nice job. I';m liking all of it and wish there were more pics. The back side must have a pretty decent recess to it.I really like it.
    Let me be the first to ask. Does this work on the touchstone?
    Thanks for sharing this.
    (unrelated, I thought the oxen in the back was shawnee, but it seems it has a name on the front I'm unfamiliar with.)
    You plug your phone in?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by woosh View Post
    Very nice craftsmanship. And you put buttons on that? wow. I like the speaker holes you put in it. and the lines framing the speaker holes. And a burnished/burnt finish? Nice job. I';m liking all of it and wish there were more pics. The back side must have a pretty decent recess to it.I really like it.
    Let me be the first to ask. Does this work on the touchstone?
    Thanks for sharing this.
    (unrelated, I thought the oxen in the back was shawnee, but it seems it has a name on the front I'm unfamiliar with.)
    i don't think so but i don't have a touchstone so haven't really tried yet.
    That looks awesome! Nicely done I love the touch with the buttons and speaker ports.