Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Greg Cirignano
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Hey Guys,

My Touchpad's screen just broke today. I set it under the chair on my fork lift without thinking and when I sat down the pressure must have hit it just right. At least I am assuming that's what happened. It sucks because this Touchpad has been great, no issues with cracks by the speakers or any of the other common problems. Anyway, do you guys think this is repairable by HP? If so, how much do you think it would cost? Thanks

Oooooo. Thats not good. If your TouchPad is under warranty still, HP might fix it. I dont know if they will charge you. They might do it regardless for a higher price. If not then the only other way is to get a screen replacement off of ebay or something and follow these steps:

Installing HP TouchPad LCD - iFixit

I would cry if that happened to me.
    Back to webOS with my new Touchpad!!!
    Check Out My TouchPad Theme "Paint It Black" http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...iew-black.html
    First of all check if this gadget is still under warranty. I don't think they are going to replace that screen in free. I don't think it would be a big deal even if HP charges you money for that. The only other way is to take it to near by repair shop and see how perfect they can repair it.
    jscm3 likes this.
    ouch! So not only is the glass cracked, but the LCD screen is damaged as well! Unfortunately I think you're looking at a couple hundred dollar repair bill there! Hopefully they'll do it under warranty, otherwise you can contact TopTongueBarry and see what he would charge to fix it. If that's still too much, you can probably get the parts from eBay for about $100 plus shipping and do the fix yourself if you're good at that kind of stuff.
    If its going to cost you a couple hundred dollars to fix, you might as well just buy another one off eBay.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk
    Check Out My TouchPad Theme "Paint It Black" http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...iew-black.html
    Anyone got details on how to contact HP at getting a repair
    Quote Originally Posted by Trinnersboy View Post
    Anyone got details on how to contact HP at getting a repair
    I'm sure there is a customer service number somewhere on their website.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk
    I would agree that it's best to buy a new one off Ebay at this point.
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Well, I bought an LCD screen finally and repaired it myself. I would say all in all it went pretty well. My home button doesn't work, which I noticed someone else said the same thing happened to them when they replaced the LCD.

So I haven't really been keeping up to date with all the latest info. What have I missed since 4/10/12? I know I have seen some stuff about WebOS Community Edition or something like that. But I don't know anything about it. I want to get my touch pad back up to date. Can you guys be so kind to fill me in?