1.    #1  
    I just got my Touchpad last week but I have been wanting this feature since I saw it done with the Pre 3 last year. Has there been any way of sending and receiving texts with any other phone other than the Pre 3 and Veer or is that still something HP hasn't opened to us yet?
    Back to webOS with my new Touchpad!!!
    Check Out My TouchPad Theme "Paint It Black" http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...iew-black.html
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    I believe after 3.0.4 you are able to pair other phones too.
    AnandTech - HP TouchPad 3.0.4 Update Now Available, Adds non-webOS Phone Pairing
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Loiter View Post
    AnandTech - HP TouchPad 3.0.4 Update Now Available, Adds non-webOS Phone Pairing
    Yeah, I do think I can use TouchPad as a speaker phone for receiving calls. But I dont think Text Messaging works like it does with the Pre3 and Veer. I have done some searching and found some workarounds with freetether or, probably the simplest way, Google Talk.
    Check Out My TouchPad Theme "Paint It Black" http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...iew-black.html
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    I believe I've seen some people reporting they made it. But I'm not sure as I have a webOS device.
    Quote Originally Posted by Loiter View Post
    You can pair for phone calls but not SMS.
    I'm really digging sending SMS from my TouchPad.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  7.    #7  
    I will probably go the Google Talk route and see if that works. Then I will be digging it too.
    You can pair for SMS, but it's rare to come across a phone that supports the MAP bluetooth protocol in both directions.

Good reason to go grab a Pre 2

Or grab GVoice
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    You can pair for SMS, but it's rare to come across a phone that supports the MAP bluetooth protocol in both directions.

Or grab GVoice
    Does the Pre 2 support bluetooth map? I thought only the pre 3 did...
    Conne>< Coding

Remember!!
    *In Rod we trust.*

Yes, my user name says kid. Also, yes I'm 21. It's a long story.

Devices: Touchpad, 32 GB
    Retired my pre for an Epic 4G Touch, Miss it dearly howerver.

10. TJB
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    It works with my Pre 2 and Touchpad.
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgraphicart View Post
    I will probably go the Google Talk route and see if that works. Then I will be digging it too.
    if you have preware there's an app called p2googlevoice and it seems to work well for me for text.
    ps- where do you live in norcal? I live southern oregon.
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post

Or grab GVoice
    I have both!

Quote Originally Posted by geeksquadkid View Post
    Does the Pre 2 support bluetooth map? I thought only the pre 3 did...
    Pre2 works since 2.2.4 came out for it. You have to manually pair (not hard) since there is no TTS. Even works with different profiles unlike HP's initial claim of same profiles needed on both devices.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...