1.    #1  
    Hello

Just want to say "Hi" to you all... I have just scored a 32GB TouchPad from eBay for 160 which is a little high but that is what they go for in the UK. This one includes the official HP case. I am an iPad and PlayBook refugee, a programmer by trade, and very much looking forward to hacking about with it.

I read the "new owner" sticky and I'm impressed with the general friendly atmosphere that I perceive here. Not at all like the BlackBerry forum (fanatics, call you a troll if you dare criticise RIM or PB, and don't answer the questions you ask). I am hoping for better from this community.

At the moment I am lurking about and reading up. I am sure the questions will come... when I get my hands on it!

Regards

JonB
    Global Posts
    502 Global Posts
    Welcome and enjoy! There are a lot of things you can do with it. Moding in WebOs was fun for a while. Dual booting into android CM7/9 is the best though
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    welcome, I am also a newbie and enjoying touchpads tremendously. great value for current money. have a tp wifi and a 4g. wifi one i have dual booted with CM9A2. extremeley stable. no otehr tablets come close to the look and elegance of these hardware.
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Welcome. I'm also a newb here. I just finished putting CM9 on the tablet this morning. So far it is pretty cool. But I find the WebOS to run a little smoother in general. But it is cool to be able to dual boot
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JonB_TP View Post
    Hello

I read the "new owner" sticky and I'm impressed with the general friendly atmosphere that I perceive here. Not at all like the BlackBerry forum (fanatics, call you a troll if you dare criticise RIM or PB, and don't answer the questions you ask). I am hoping for better from this community.
    They are a little touchy over there!
    Hope all goes well for you with the TP. I have both devices and do like them both.
  6.    #6  
    Thanks for the kind words. It should be with me by next weekend - in the meantime I have ordered the HP keyboard. I was considering the TouchStone charging dock but it is quite expensive so I'll hang fire until I actually have the tablet and have played with it a while.