Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Anyone else having this issue? When I go to the website, it says "touchpad not supported".

I know there is not an MLB.tv app, does anyone know of a workaround for this?

It worked (sometimes) last season.
    Last edited by bevcraw; 04/06/2012 at 01:33 PM. Reason: combined two consecutive posts by same member
    Global Posts
    508 Global Posts
    I don't think there's a direct workaround right now. I might be nice if someone could develop an OS spoof like Palm used to do for Pre access to iTunes.

I don't have my TouchPad with me right now, but I still got live audio on the MLB 11 app during spring training (you have to tap the headphones icon -- the app wont list any games being played). Haven't tried it since the season began. I DID get audio on another app (again, I don't have the TP with me right now)... I think it was through SportsLive HD. I'll have to check.

Also, it's often a chore, but I've gotten audio AND VIDEO through MLB.tv on my Pre 3 (Pre 3 and MLB.tv).

EDIT: It WAS Sports Live! HD. Tap on the globe icon for the game you want and you'll get a pop-up with the MLB Gameday AND audio (if you are subscribed, of course). On the MLB site itself, you can't get anything from the Media Center page, but you can again get audio from GameDay. If you don't want all the GameDay stuff, there is an alternate audio page that lists all the feeds for every game and just has simple play, pause, and volume buttons: http://mlb.mlb.com/media/player/mpa/index.jsp
    Last edited by carldc; 04/06/2012 at 09:21 PM.
    -carldc

m500>T3>T|X>Treo 755p>Pre>Pixi>Pre 3>Galaxy S4 Mini>Galaxy Alpha>Galaxy S8
    ..........................................TouchPad............Surface Pro
    PalmOS-------------------webOS-------------------Android (just waiting for webOS to rise again!)
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    Install CM7 or 9...works flawlessly on either.
    Yahoo's MLB Full Count does work if you want to watch live look ins of games. Its too bad you can't watch the free game of the day anymore.
  5.    #5  
    Unfortunately the best option, watching it on MLB's site is still not working. Is the android install a difficult process?
    Quote Originally Posted by GlennBeck View Post
    Unfortunately the best option, watching it on MLB's site is still not working. Is the android install a difficult process?
    It's not that difficult to install if you can find the right instructions.

I am running CM9 on my TP and I cannot view the free game of the day at MLB.com. It says: "this MLB.TV application is not supported on Flash-enabled Android devices." I'm just wondering if this is the case for everybody else running Android on their TP?
    Quote Originally Posted by patchs View Post
    Yahoo's MLB Full Count does work if you want to watch live look ins of games. Its too bad you can't watch the free game of the day anymore.
    I just tested this and am watching the Angels vs Twins right now for free on my touchpad. No android, straight WebOS 3.0.5. If it's not working for others I'm not sure why. I thought it might be the hulu patch but dignitary disagreed. Maybe I was right?
    Global Posts
    508 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by texasflood View Post
    I just tested this and am watching the Angels vs Twins right now for free on my touchpad. No android, straight WebOS 3.0.5. If it's not working for others I'm not sure why. I thought it might be the hulu patch but dignitary disagreed. Maybe I was right?
    Whoa, dude this is big if it's true. I can get it on my Pre 3, but like everyone else my TP gets the annoying "not supported" page on mlb.com. Post a screen capture if possible. What other patches do you have?
  9.    #9  
    Thanks,

Did you go through MLB's webpage or did you have a direct link bookmarked from last season? I will try the hulu patch and see if that helps. I need a solution. My wife watches horrible shows on TV at night and watching on my iphone is not cutting it!
    weird question.. Do you guys watch Mlb Tv for free? or does it cost money? Or is there like some local thing involved w/ it.

I keep seeing the words (Free games) in the post don't work.. But as far as I can remember no MLB tv is free. local or not.. someone please let me know, as I would love to watch my Phillies on my touchpad in silent mode as I watch something on another channel or vise versa..

Also, I guess my question doesn't just relate to baseball.. what about football.. Ofcourse, I have heard of Justin.TV but i'm not looking to deal w/ trying to find a working live stream for 4 hours

Any information you guys have to share about this stuff would be awesome.

Also, I think i've used sports live hd before & couldn't figure out how to get live audio from it.. Is it something I sign up for on sports live? or do I sign up through MLB.com?
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Zukny View Post
    weird question.. Do you guys watch Mlb Tv for free?
    No, it is $120/year. The first week is a free trial. It is over now. Also I think there is a free game of the day each day.
    Global Posts
    508 Global Posts
    No, it is $120/year. The first week is a free trial. It is over now. Also I think there is a free game of the day each day.
    Yes. They offer a free game every day, but the full subscription is $120/year. There's a basic subscription that's less if you can do without the choice of home/road broadcasts. Audio only is even less. If you can wait, they always offer pro rated pricing later in the season.

Ten bucks a month is comparable to the cost of a typical cable/satellite channel, so I think it's well worth the cost -- especially if you don't live in your favorite team's market.

It's 12:30am. Wife's gone to bed. It's dark...quiet. Veg out on the couch to the last couple of innings of a West Coast game. Maybe catch Vin Scully calling the end of a Dodger game managed by Donnie Baseball. It's just so cool and relaxing to catch a late night inning or so of a game I have no vested interest in. Just to watch...baseball!

If I could only do it on my TouchPad...
    -carldc

PalmOS-------------------webOS-------------------Android (just waiting for webOS to rise again!)
    Thanks,

Did you go through MLB's webpage or did you have a direct link bookmarked from last season? I will try the hulu patch and see if that helps. I need a solution. My wife watches horrible shows on TV at night and watching on my iphone is not cutting it!
    Don't remember how I got there really but the page was http://www.mlb.com/mediacenter/
    Global Posts
    508 Global Posts
    Proof of concept!! See links to screen shots...
    If you type in the EXACT URL, it will work (best to set the video to a low setting). I was able to get one of tonight's games...

NOW we need to find out why MLB is blocking this. I'm paying good money for their service. I should be able to access it on any device that is capable!
    -carldc

Quote Originally Posted by carldc View Post
    Whoa, dude this is big if it's true. I can get it on my Pre 3, but like everyone else my TP gets the annoying "not supported" page on mlb.com. Post a screen capture if possible. What other patches do you have?
    Screen shot? OK, it's just baseball you know, no big surprise at what you're going to see,
    I really don't have many patches at all any more, ad blocker, find in page, private browsing.
    From todays free game.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Proof of concept!! See links to screen shots...
    If you type in the EXACT URL, it will work (best to set the video to a low setting). I was able to get one of tonight's games...
    NOW we need to find out why MLB is blocking this. I'm paying good money for their service. I should be able to access it on any device that is capable!
    Thanks for posting the additional screen shots. I didn't even think to post a shot with todays date, like holding up a newspaper in a picture to prove when it was taken, You beat me by a minute, as Maxwell Smart would say "Missed it by THAT much!". Kind of disappointing it's block but at least there is a workaround thanks to ncinerate. Might just be a side effect of attempts to force folks to use the latest flash, which we can't get of course. Or maybe they're evil, I really don't know.
    Global Posts
    508 Global Posts
    The problem is the exact URL is ridiculously long -- ESPECIALLY typing on a virtual keyboard. In addition, it requires you be by a computer to GET the URL (in which case, just watch the game on the computer!). The "easiest" thing to do is to copy the URL and email it to yourself, get it on the TP and paste it into the browser.

I wonder -- could a patch could be developed to pull the unique identifiers for each game from the link and automatically plug them in to a boiler-plate URL? Maybe as a context (tap-hold) menu item? If not, could a Firefox or Chrome spoof be created to get around the block? We've both proved that there's no technical reason for the block -- just Bud Selig being nasty.
    -carldc

I'm not understanding what's being said about typing in an exact URL. I am not an MLB.tv subcriber but I just went to http://www.mlb.com/mediacenter/ , touched on the free game and it played. Does this not work on the subscriber games?
    Global Posts
    508 Global Posts
    I'm not understanding what's being said about typing in an exact URL. I am not an MLB.tv subcriber but I just went to http://www.mlb.com/mediacenter/ , touched on the free game and it played. Does this not work on the subscriber games?
    I honestly haven't tried the free game yet (as a subscriber, it's no different than the other games to me). But to answer your question...no, it doesn't. That's why your posts have been so curious! Tapping on a game link takes the rest of us to a "Touchpad is not supported" page. The question is why you get the games and we don't. I'll try the free game tonight and see what happens.
    Has anyone else accessed the free games?
    I honestly haven't tried the free game yet (as a subscriber, it's no different than the other games to me). But to answer your question...no, it doesn't. That's why your posts have been so curious! Tapping on a game link takes the rest of us to a "Touchpad is not supported" page. The question is why you get the games and we don't. I'll try the free game tonight and see what happens.
    Has anyone else accessed the free games?
    As I said earlier, for patches I have ad blocker, find in page, private browsing. What I didn't add since I thought it had been stated, but just to be clear, I also have the hulu patch. I am not sure why it would work for me and not others. I thought it was just the hulu patch.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast