Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by carldc View Post
    We've both proved that there's no technical reason for the block -- just Bud Selig being nasty.

It's really dumb. It's just a web browser, no one is asking for touchpad optimization. I will try copying link from my mack and sending to myself as well. question is will I have to do this all the time or just once and bookmark it if it works?
    Quote Originally Posted by carldc View Post
    The problem is the exact URL is ridiculously long -- ESPECIALLY typing on a virtual keyboard. In addition, it requires you be by a computer to GET the URL (in which case, just watch the game on the computer!). The "easiest" thing to do is to copy the URL and email it to yourself, get it on the TP and paste it into the browser.

I wonder -- could a patch could be developed to pull the unique identifiers for each game from the link and automatically plug them in to a boiler-plate URL? Maybe as a context (tap-hold) menu item? If not, could a Firefox or Chrome spoof be created to get around the block? We've both proved that there's no technical reason for the block -- just Bud Selig being nasty.
    If you end up having to use the full URL, try DataJog

Since you said you could get it on you Pre3, I believe current app cat version of DataJog allows device to device sending. If you can get the game on Pre3, you can then "jog" the URL to TP and not have to type it. You can also "jog" from PC to device as well.

Awesome little app.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  3.    #23  
    Ok, so copying the link from my computer and emailing to my touchpad and then launching it is working. Watching the red sox right now.

Is there a generic link that will take me to the Flash player I can use, or will I have to do this every time I want to watch a game?
    Last edited by GlennBeck; 04/13/2012 at 01:36 PM. Reason: stupid auto-correct!
    Global Posts
    508 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    If you end up having to use the full URL, try DataJog

Since you said you could get it on you Pre3, I believe current app cat version of DataJog allows device to device sending. If you can get the game on Pre3, you can then "jog" the URL to TP and not have to type it. You can also "jog" from PC to device as well.

Awesome little app.
    Hmmm. I wonder then, if touch-to-share will work. I'll go get my TP and try.
    -carldc

m500>T3>T|X>Treo 755p>Pre>Pixi>Pre 3>Galaxy S4 Mini>Galaxy Alpha>Galaxy S8
    ..........................................TouchPad............Surface Pro
    PalmOS-------------------webOS-------------------Android (just waiting for webOS to rise again!)
    Oh yeah I guess there is TTS too... I like datajog cuz I don't have to mess with the BT pairing.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    508 Global Posts
    I tried TTS and after several unsuccessful attempts (white rings, but nothing happened), it DID work. I'm watching Mets/Phillies right now.
    I'm happy, but it's still just an awkward workaround. MLB is still evil and has no apparent reason to deny us direct access.
    Oh, and I'll give DataJog a shot over the weekend.
    Must be a difference between free and paid access, all I do is go to the mediacenter page, touch the free game, and it plays.
    That's it done. Just did it, pics below. Weird that free access seems to be better.

Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 1.JPG (56.8 KB, 104 views)
    • File Type: jpg 2.JPG (64.9 KB, 102 views)
    • File Type: jpg 3.JPG (97.2 KB, 101 views)
    Can anyone reproduce my positive results for the free games? Or is there something weird about my touchpad, something modified I've forgetten about?
    That redirects to mlb.com/mobile/touchpad/unsupported.jsp, which states "This MLB.TV application is not supported on Touchpad devices."

SO, you probably have a UserAgent mod.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Global Posts
    508 Global Posts
    Tex, we're gonna pick you apart until we find out why you're so special!
    -carldc

PalmOS-------------------webOS-------------------Android (just waiting for webOS to rise again!)
    Will someone just post the link that is being referenced in this posting??
    yeah im getting not supported on Touchpad devices
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    That redirects to mlb.com/mobile/touchpad/unsupported.jsp, which states "This MLB.TV application is not supported on Touchpad devices."

SO, you probably have a UserAgent mod.
    And just to be sure, this is happening with the new hulu patch? How are they detecting that it's a touchpad? I thought the hulu patch masked that?

My user agent is "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1.1; U; en) AppleWebKit/535.2 (KHTML, like Gecko) xp/234.76 Safari/535.2 01/07"
    My flashplayer version # / OS is 10.3.185.65 Linux 2.5.35-palm-tenderlion.
    Flash Player Version is LNX / OS = linux 2.6.35-

Nothing aboutbtouchpad in there.
  14.    #34  
    Question about video quality now...

I can only watch on the second notch for video quality, anything above that is choppy and annoying. Just wondering what others are able to do.
    Global Posts
    508 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GlennBeck View Post
    Question about video quality now...

I can only watch on the second notch for video quality, anything above that is choppy and annoying. Just wondering what others are able to do.
    That's about right.
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    I can't use either Touchpad (MLBtv does not support Touchpad devices) nor dual booted Android (MLBtv does not support Android devices that are flash enabled).

Stinks!!!!
    Global Posts
    508 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mpullan View Post
    I can't use either Touchpad (MLBtv does not support Touchpad devices) nor dual booted Android (MLBtv does not support Android devices that are flash enabled).

Stinks!!!!
    Even though it will technically work in a webOS browser, MLB has us all blocked (needlessly nasty of them!).

However, I have the "User Agent Override - Chrome" patch installed, and I can watch MLB.tv just fine. Attached is a screen capture from a few minutes ago of the Mets-Jays game tonight.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    -carldc

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12