Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 98
Like Tree9Likes
  1. miyanc's Avatar
    Posts
    65 Posts
    Global Posts
    399 Global Posts
       #1  
    I am using the same Pandora app I have used on my touchpad since it was the first app downloaded within hours of the touchpad release. I have checked my WiFi, other apps, watched movie from amazon, YouTube all is good. Pandora has always stalled from time to time, but usually in transition from one song to the next and never more then once in a blue moon. Its now stalling in at least every other song and sometimes several times during a song. I use Pandora alot . Is this just HP issues or Pandora? It works on my wifes account on her ipod touch. I may try logging out of my app on the tp and logging in under her.
  2. #2  
    Same exact thing here. It was really bad today for me. Like you said, it was once in a blue moon before. FYI totally stock TP here.
  3. twack's Avatar
    Posts
    634 Posts
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric 32gb View Post
    Same exact thing here. It was really bad today for me. Like you said, it was once in a blue moon before. FYI totally stock TP here.
    I had run into the same situation ("pando-hang") a few times. I'd delete the App, reboot the device and then re-install from the webOS App Catalog . That would cure the "pando-hang" for a few months.

    HTH,
    TWack
    On my 4G TouchPad, Pre3 or Panda-Veer.
    If you like our patches, please consider donating to the cause.



    |wackware|google+|facebook|twitter|shortcut|mylo|multiapp|flashfile|donate|
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by twack View Post
    I had run into the same situation ("pando-hang") a few times. I'd delete the App, reboot the device and then re-install from the webOS App Catalog . That would cure the "pando-hang" for a few months.

    HTH,
    Thanks for the tip. Reminds me of how Hulu did all the TP users wrong.
  5. matchqq's Avatar
    Posts
    290 Posts
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    #5  
    The same pausing issue for me today all day long. Fir me, it always paused during a song.

    -- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
  6. miyanc's Avatar
    Posts
    65 Posts
    Global Posts
    399 Global Posts
       #6  
    thanks for the tip, but no go for launch. It worked last night for about 5 songs. I went to bed and this morning my tp had no sound. So I rebooted, and the sound worked. Pandora worked thru a song and a half. And then stop. Then only thru half a song.

    is there anyone left at HP webOS still working these issues? Distorted sound, sound lost, Pandora stops.

    would webdoctor and starting over help? I would hate to have to start angry birds over... Again. Does the android mod have these issues?
  7. twack's Avatar
    Posts
    634 Posts
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by miyanc View Post
    thanks for the tip, but no go for launch. It worked last night for about 5 songs. I went to bed and this morning my tp had no sound. So I rebooted, and the sound worked. Pandora worked thru a song and a half. And then stop. Then only thru half a song.

    is there anyone left at HP webOS still working these issues? Distorted sound, sound lost, Pandora stops.

    would webdoctor and starting over help? I would hate to have to start angry birds over... Again. Does the android mod have these issues?
    Now it looks like you're saying you have a different problem. Does Pandora stop, or there is no sound? These are two totally different symptoms. If Pandora stops, the timer on its screen freezes. If the sound dies, the time continues, but no music. Which is it?

    Cheers
    TWack
    On my 4G TouchPad, Pre3 or Panda-Veer.
    If you like our patches, please consider donating to the cause.



    |wackware|google+|facebook|twitter|shortcut|mylo|multiapp|flashfile|donate|
  8. Sylo's Avatar
    Posts
    81 Posts
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    #8  
    Which Pandora are you using? I downloaded Drew K Sparks' Pandora Tablet app: https://developer.palm.com/appredire...pandora-tablet and haven't had any problems using that one.
  9. jdale's Avatar
    Posts
    554 Posts
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    #9  
    This is not a Touchpad issue per se. I have been having the same problem on my Pre 3. (With the regular Pandora app.) About 50% of the time, the song will pause somewhere around 80% of the way through. If I then tap the play button, it continues as normal.

    Only started recently (within the last week or so). I've never had it spontaneously pause before - it is acting exactly like I tapped the pause button. Sometimes it will hang as if it is waiting for data, but not this pause issue.

    I was wondering if it had something to do with advertising, perhaps trying to pop up an ad, which is blocked.
  10. miyanc's Avatar
    Posts
    65 Posts
    Global Posts
    399 Global Posts
       #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by twack View Post
    Now it looks like you're saying you have a different problem. Does Pandora stop, or there is no sound? These are two totally different symptoms. If Pandora stops, the timer on its screen freezes. If the sound dies, the time continues, but no music. Which is it?

    Cheers
    your are correct 2 separate issues. And in truth both happen, but the main problem is Pandora pausing. The sound issue does happen from time to time. Today it happened to be both. I don't mind rebooting if the distorted or no sound problem happens, because its usually not that often. The Pandora issue happens all the time.
  11. miyanc's Avatar
    Posts
    65 Posts
    Global Posts
    399 Global Posts
       #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by jdale View Post
    This is not a Touchpad issue per se. I have been having the same problem on my Pre 3. (With the regular Pandora app.) About 50% of the time, the song will pause somewhere around 80% of the way through. If I then tap the play button, it continues as normal.

    Only started recently (within the last week or so). I've never had it spontaneously pause before - it is acting exactly like I tapped the pause button. Sometimes it will hang as if it is waiting for data, but not this pause issue.

    I was wondering if it had something to do with advertising, perhaps trying to pop up an ad, which is blocked.
    I concur. I am not sure if its tp or webOS( I just shut off my pre) but my account works on my wifes itouch and on the computer.

    btw I am very jealous of your pre3.
  12. miyanc's Avatar
    Posts
    65 Posts
    Global Posts
    399 Global Posts
       #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by GlennBeck View Post
    Much better than Pandora!
    never used it. I am 100% satisfied with Pandora( except for the current issue which is probably not Pandora and more webOS)
  13. twack's Avatar
    Posts
    634 Posts
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by miyanc View Post
    your are correct 2 separate issues. And in truth both happen, but the main problem is Pandora pausing. The sound issue does happen from time to time. Today it happened to be both. I don't mind rebooting if the distorted or no sound problem happens, because its usually not that often. The Pandora issue happens all the time.
    The Pandora pausing issue is actually a bug in webOS 3.0.5 where if any other App calls or loads a "sound()" command within the app, it will cause Pandora to pause. Just like if you tapped the pause icon.

    The Pando-Hang, while rare has been fairly easy to correct for longer term by re-installing.

    Again, I play Pandora hours each day and understanding it this way this seems to work for me. I do have my tablet patch and gesture patch installed, but nothing in there changes the "Pandora Engine". I only tweaked the user interface.

    HTH,
    TWack
    On my 4G TouchPad, Pre3 or Panda-Veer.
    If you like our patches, please consider donating to the cause.



    |wackware|google+|facebook|twitter|shortcut|mylo|multiapp|flashfile|donate|
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by twack View Post
    The Pandora pausing issue is actually a bug in webOS 3.0.5 where if any other App calls or loads a "sound()" command within the app, it will cause Pandora to pause. Just like if you tapped the pause icon.

    The Pando-Hang, while rare has been fairly easy to correct for longer term by re-installing.

    Again, I play Pandora hours each day and understanding it this way this seems to work for me. I do have my tablet patch and gesture patch installed, but nothing in there changes the "Pandora Engine". I only tweaked the user interface.

    HTH,
    WEBOS 3.0.5 has been out for some time and this "bug" seems to have just showed up in the past week for everyone. I say that in one breath but have to admit that I went a long time before the distorted and dropping audio showed up one my TP. It's like the timing of the issues can be strange. So even though Pandora worked fine for all of us for a long time, then started pausing for all of us about the same time, WEBOS can not be ruled out. I do however suspect the pop up theory or something may be at play. I am using the Drew Sparks version on a stock TP by the way.
  15. twack's Avatar
    Posts
    634 Posts
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric 32gb View Post
    WEBOS 3.0.5 has been out for some time and this "bug" seems to have just showed up in the past week for everyone. I say that in one breath but have to admit that I went a long time before the distorted and dropping audio showed up one my TP. It's like the timing of the issues can be strange. So even though Pandora worked fine for all of us for a long time, then started pausing for all of us about the same time, WEBOS can not be ruled out. I do however suspect the pop up theory or something may be at play. I am using the Drew Sparks version on a stock TP by the way.
    Why don't a few of you that have just started seeing the problem list what other apps you have loaded on the last couple of weeks. There maybe a common thread there.

    I have an app that loads a "beep" sound when you press the wrong button. When you load that app it will pause pandora. If I go into the source code of the offending app and comment out the "beep", Pandora plays fine.
    Last edited by twack; 04/06/2012 at 06:32 PM.
    TWack
    On my 4G TouchPad, Pre3 or Panda-Veer.
    If you like our patches, please consider donating to the cause.



    |wackware|google+|facebook|twitter|shortcut|mylo|multiapp|flashfile|donate|
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by twack View Post
    Why don't a few of you that have just started seeing the problem list what other apps you have loaded on the last couple of weeks. There maybe a common thread there.

    I have an app that loads a "beep" sound when you press the wrong button. When you load that app it will pause pandora. If I go into the source code of the offending app and comment out the "beep", Pandora plays find.
    I have had some apps do updates. Tell you what, I'm going to delete all the apps I do not use often and see what happens.(reboot too) Will post results. I already turned off the keypad beeps with no difference.
  17. #17  
    Well, after deleting a bunch of unused apps and even some ones that had updates the other day, same result, pause city. I had one other app that my daughter likes to play with that I will delete. If I do not post saying it fixed it you know it did not.
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by twack View Post
    I had run into the same situation ("pando-hang") a few times. I'd delete the App, reboot the device and then re-install from the webOS App Catalog . That would cure the "pando-hang" for a few months.

    HTH,
    This did not work for me. Crap, I give up. WEBOS does it again to us. I will check back later to see if some of the experts come up with a solution. I was really enjoying blue toothing Pandora to my home stereo too. Glad I have some good tunes on board the TP but it still is not the same as Pandora.
  19. jdale's Avatar
    Posts
    554 Posts
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by twack View Post
    The Pandora pausing issue is actually a bug in webOS 3.0.5 where if any other App calls or loads a "sound()" command within the app, it will cause Pandora to pause. Just like if you tapped the pause icon.
    That is an interesting observation, but it's not the whole story. I am having this problem when there are no other apps running. I have no alarms, and it happens when no notifications are received.

    I will try a restart though. Perhaps something has not closed properly?

    Edit: restart does not help.
    Last edited by jdale; 04/07/2012 at 02:23 PM.
  20. twack's Avatar
    Posts
    634 Posts
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric 32gb View Post
    This did not work for me. Crap, I give up. WEBOS does it again to us. I will check back later to see if some of the experts come up with a solution. I was really enjoying blue toothing Pandora to my home stereo too. Glad I have some good tunes on board the TP but it still is not the same as Pandora.
    Hmmmmm. Sorry that all that effort was seemingly for not. It is frustrating when there is no way to say "It always happens when....".

    You did a reboot after deleting the apps, right? The only other thing that I can think is to delete even Pandora, reboot and re-install and see if it happens. If it does, call the 'ole HP help desk and see if there is anything they can offer.

    Good luck,
    TWack
    On my 4G TouchPad, Pre3 or Panda-Veer.
    If you like our patches, please consider donating to the cause.



    |wackware|google+|facebook|twitter|shortcut|mylo|multiapp|flashfile|donate|
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions