Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    My issue .... Not available in Canada......as a result, it's never been a "Must-Have" app for me.
    Tried a proxy?
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    Seems to be an issue with the app getting confused about what is playing vs buffering of the next song. It pauses when the buffering begins, and if you aren't quick enough, it gets completely lost and a reboot is needed. Hopefully this helps someone who knows more than me.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daughain View Post
    Seems to be an issue with the app getting confused about what is playing vs buffering of the next song. It pauses when the buffering begins, and if you aren't quick enough, it gets completely lost and a reboot is needed. Hopefully this helps someone who knows more than me.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Well here is the reply back from Pandora support... for whatever it's worth. i sent back a reply, so we'll see what they say.

Jed | Pandora
    APR 17, 2012 | 04:18PM PDT
    Hi,

Thanks for writing and for the thoughtful feedback. Unfortunately, the HP Touchpad is not yet supported, though we are working hard to make Pandora available everywhere, so stay tuned!

As far as your Palm, can you tell me a few things to help me figure out what is happening?

* Were you able to download the Pandora application successfully?
    * What exactly is happening when you open the app?
    * Is there an error message (if so, what does it say)?

Let me know.
    Best,
    Jed
    Listener Advocate
    PANDORA® internet radio
    Need help? Pandora | Help
    Quote Originally Posted by WOPR View Post
    Well here is the reply back from Pandora support... for whatever it's worth. i sent back a reply, so we'll see what they say.

Jed | Pandora
    APR 17, 2012 | 04:18PM PDT
    Hi,

Thanks for writing and for the thoughtful feedback. Unfortunately, the HP Touchpad is not yet supported, though we are working hard to make Pandora available everywhere, so stay tuned!

As far as your Palm, can you tell me a few things to help me figure out what is happening?

* Were you able to download the Pandora application successfully?
    * What exactly is happening when you open the app?
    * Is there an error message (if so, what does it say)?

Let me know.
    Best,
    Jed
    Listener Advocate
    PANDORA® internet radio
    Need help? Pandora | Help
    Hmm. Pandora doesnt support HP touchpad?? How is it that I downloaded my version straight from HP app catalog??
    I have the drew sparks version also and that is the one that pauses at random times every other song. I havent noticed it happening with my original version of Pandora ( downloaded it about a year or so ago, never removed it) that I switched to since the sparks version went up in flames. I admit, I hate looking at the screen with a cell phone look to it, but as long as it keeps playing, I am good. : )
    Well, from the very beginning of this issues I was convinced it was something that Pandora changed on their end and since they don't seem to update their only app on webos the phone version - it's the only one suffering from pausing issues.
    My XBMC pandora app works just fine.
    I was hammered at work and was happy to see the TP version of pandora now called Apollo Radio (now in the app catalog) to be in beta testing. I was one of the beta testers(thanks Jake) and just added 1 and 1. The developers of the app figured out what was causing the issue and fixed in their version.
    I tested both the phone app and their app side by side on my phone(layout not suited for the phone on their app but works with no issues if you don't care for visuals just audio). So I decided to create a patch for the legacy app Being pause-less for the last 40+ minutes

So last night I was digging around the files on my TP(with Internalz Pro - was too lazy to get my laptop ) for both applications since I messed with the stretch out patch of twack for TP and knew that Apollo used the same java script api and I found it.

Enjoy the patch and again all credits go to Jake (a lot more es on his login)
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Eigan, ashi and ArchonAdvisors like this.
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    I love it when a community comes together
    TWack
    On my 4G TouchPad, Pre3 or Panda-Veer.
    If you like our patches, please consider donating to the cause.

|wackware|google+|facebook|twitter|shortcut|mylo|multiapp|flashfile|donate|
    What is required to install this patch? I get an error when trying to install. “Patch unexpectedly ends in middle of line”
    Quote Originally Posted by digpower View Post
    What is required to install this patch? I get an error when trying to install. “Patch unexpectedly ends in middle of line”
    preware.
    Make sure you email it to yourself and not trying to install it directly from the browser on your device.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Does this patch work on a PRE3? If so, need a bit more information on installing this patch. I emailed to myself and my Pre3 sees it and asks if I want to install but it fails with error message "AUSMT is missing. it is required for patching."

Can we get clear step by step instructions?
    Quote Originally Posted by rblakeney View Post
    Does this patch work on a PRE3? If so, need a bit more information on installing this patch. I emailed to myself and my Pre3 sees it and asks if I want to install but it fails with error message "AUSMT is missing. it is required for patching."

Can we get clear step by step instructions?
    Can't tell since I don't own one. But I have pre2 and TP and it works on both with not issues, so I don't see a reason for it not to work on pre3.
    Are yo using preware v1.9.10? ASFAK the ASUMT should be bundled in in latest version of preware.
    This is my second patch so I don't know much but it worked fine for me on 2 different devices.
    I have not been seeing this problem on my TouchPad or Pre3 for the last several days. I'd forgotten it was even an issue. No patch installed.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    I guess Pandora fixed their own problem;-)
    Unpached the TP and works just fine.
    Next is the pre2.
    Anyway I didn't like the idea of removing the precaching of the next song with the patch.
    I've experienced some slight hickups on the Apollo app in the beginning of the song and a bit longer pauses between songs but that was a tread off I was willing to bear, rather then pausing of the music.
    My Pre 3 has also been stalling near the end of every song. For whatever it is worth, I tried playing Pandora in my office while it was sitting on the touchstone, and it worked perfectly for about 20 minutes. Once I took it off, the next song stalled. Does this help at all? I am using Pandora v. 1.04 by Pandora Media.
    Well, I don't know what's going on with Pandora but I removed the patch from my pre2 today on my walk around the office and it paused at 59 sec mark again. Seems like Pandora is updating their servers and I found some article on wp7 where it broke few unofficial apps since wp7 doesn't seem to have an official one. I'm putting the patch back and taking the phone for a walk tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark S View Post
    My Pre 3 has also been stalling near the end of every song. For whatever it is worth, I tried playing Pandora in my office while it was sitting on the touchstone, and it worked perfectly for about 20 minutes. Once I took it off, the next song stalled. Does this help at all? I am using Pandora v. 1.04 by Pandora Media.
    Never mind. The touchstone didn't seem to help last night at home. Pandora stalled right away.
    I've emailed it myself using the convenient email link next to the pandora patch, but I get a "file format not supported" error (and of course the patch is not downloaded from the email).

Full error: "fileName="pandora-pause-patch.patch"; mimeType= "application/octet-stream"

I have also tried downloading from the website on a desktop computer and transferring it via USB to the Touchpad, then I get the "Patch unexpectedly ends in middle of line" error when trying to install it.

Does anyone have any recommendations? I'd really love to give this patch a try!
    Quote Originally Posted by tgainar View Post
    I've emailed it myself using the convenient email link next to the pandora patch, but I get a "file format not supported" error (and of course the patch is not downloaded from the email).

Full error: "fileName="pandora-pause-patch.patch"; mimeType= "application/octet-stream"

I have also tried downloading from the website on a desktop computer and transferring it via USB to the Touchpad, then I get the "Patch unexpectedly ends in middle of line" error when trying to install it.

Does anyone have any recommendations? I'd really love to give this patch a try!
    why don't you get Apollo from app catalogue for your TP?
    Quote Originally Posted by BoRn View Post
    why don't you get Apollo from app catalogue for your TP?
    I have Apollo installed on my TP (3.0.5), and I still get pauses. It will pause between songs (using wi-fi connection with strong signal at home - broadband cable). I've even had it pause when I was using FreeTether from my FrankenPre (2.2.4) as a hotspot for my TP.
    my iPad is stuttering like crazy while playing pandora. our eldest daughter is using the touchpad for it as well as the same time. no pauses.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BoRn View Post
    Well, from the very beginning of this issues I was convinced it was something that Pandora changed on their end and since they don't seem to update their only app on webos the phone version - it's the only one suffering from pausing issues.
    My XBMC pandora app works just fine.
    I was hammered at work and was happy to see the TP version of pandora now called Apollo Radio (now in the app catalog) to be in beta testing. I was one of the beta testers(thanks Jake) and just added 1 and 1. The developers of the app figured out what was causing the issue and fixed in their version.
    I tested both the phone app and their app side by side on my phone(layout not suited for the phone on their app but works with no issues if you don't care for visuals just audio). So I decided to create a patch for the legacy app Being pause-less for the last 40+ minutes

So last night I was digging around the files on my TP(with Internalz Pro - was too lazy to get my laptop ) for both applications since I messed with the stretch out patch of twack for TP and knew that Apollo used the same java script api and I found it.

Enjoy the patch and again all credits go to Jake (a lot more es on his login)
    I've used it for several days now, patched, and not a single pause. Palm FrankenPre 2 on Sprint. Thanks!
    (Fix was on post 68 on this thread.)
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast