Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    adobe update is starting to be the smelly fish
    TWack
    On my 4G TouchPad, Pre3 or Panda-Veer.
    If you like our patches, please consider donating to the cause.

|wackware|google+|facebook|twitter|shortcut|mylo|multiapp|flashfile|donate|
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dignitary View Post
    What is it with people thinking they can legally just cop the name of the application they're porting as their own? Pandora's legal team will simply love this if they release it with "Pandora" in the name without permission.

I went through legal hell with AOL/SHOUTcast when I told them I intended to use the name "SHOUTcast" for my application, and in the end it came down to two things:

1. Change the name, or
    2. Get ready for a lawsuit.

The flippant intellectual property/trademark infringement in this case is pretty egregious. When someone inevitably taps Pandora to the version already out there in the App Catalog using their name as "Pandora Tablet", you can bet they're gonna come down hard. It's just a matter of time.

Messing with publicly-traded companies' trademarks is not something you want to be on the other end of.
    I remember reading that if you are going to create apps/software, step #1 is get a lawyer. To see how right this may be just google a shareholder's statement from any public software/hardware company. They are bound by law to list current and pending lawsuits that may effect finances. The bulk of most statements is made up of these suits. If you want a real eye opener, read the latest from Apple or Google. Almost makes you want to be a lawyer (almost but not quite LOL)
    TWack

Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    OK, so I deleted Adobe Reader, then rebooted. Then I re-installed Adobe Reader, rebooted and now I am not getting the Pandora stall. Seven songs and counting. Can someone please follow these steps and try to duplicate my findings before I start a new thread announcing the possible fix.

Thanks,
    TWack

Quote Originally Posted by twack View Post
    OK, so I deleted Adobe Reader, then rebooted. Then I re-installed Adobe Reader, rebooted and now I am not getting the Pandora stall. Seven songs and counting. Can someone please follow these steps and try to duplicate my findings before I start a new thread announcing the possible fix.

Thanks,
    Sure, but which reader? Original or patched?
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by texasflood View Post
    Sure, but which reader? Original or patched?
    Adobe Reader original is the only one I had.
    TWack

Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Just wanted to chime in and say this is certainly not a Touchpad only issue. I have a Pre 2, and started getting the pausing issue last week as well. I log a ton of hours on Pandora since I listen to Pandora every time i get in my car, and when I'm at work. It doesn't ALWAYS happen though. Sometimes it will work fine all day, and other times it will pause a few times during every song. Its the only thing I have running, and no notifications are coming in when it happens. It also happens whether on headset or Bluetooth. Really hope someone is able to figure this one out!

Also, songs seem to stop pretty consistently towards the very end of the song. Just tried uninstalling PDF and restarting, but didn't help. Not really sure how to get the pdf reader back now :-\
    Last edited by d3mon187; 04/09/2012 at 10:37 AM.
    I was having this happen a crap ton on my Pre 2 back in December or so, but it was in extremely poor WiFi service, so I assumed it was just from the network switching back and forth regularly.

Seems to be pretty consistently hanging near the last minute of the first song played, and then pretty random after that. My guess is that something's gone weird / different on Pandora's end, but not real sure. I'll try checking from some other devices and see what happens too.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    It is happening on my Pre 3 too so there seems to be something going on at Pandora. I emailed Pandora and they told me to delete the app and then reinstall again. I emailed back that it did not fix the problem and they pretty much said too bad, we don't care about webOS. So I cancelled my subscription with them, no point on paying for something that does not work and they have no interest in fixing it.
    Also having the same problems with Pandora. However, before I noticed that the app had paused and I thought it was just the sound going out, I had launced Music Player Remix and the stock music player app to check them for sound issues. Neither would start playing until after a reboot. I do not know if that helps any of the troubleshooters, but thought more info is better.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    I'm also thinking that since it comes in towards the end of songs, that maybe it has to do with buffering the next song?
    Well with a pre can you just run it off of the regular internet site? That is what I have ended up doing on my TP and it works fine. So much for using an app for pandora on a WEBOS machine I guess. The Drew Sparks app was sweet but being able to blue tooth it to my home stereo is the main thing and the Pandora web site TP combo can do that.
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    Seems to be pretty consistently hanging near the last minute of the first song played, and then pretty random after that. My guess is that something's gone weird / different on Pandora's end, but not real sure. I'll try checking from some other devices and see what happens too.
    Kind of maddening. I started up the original pandora a bit ago and just as you observed the first like 4 songs paused right near the end. And just as I was about to conclude that was a pattern, it, uh, stopped stopping, , and has gone through the last 4 songs without issue. It's messing with me, ARGHHH!!!!
    Having Pandora problems.so I deleted the Pandora APP. Loaded Pandora from there web site. Program running with NO problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crossville View Post
    Having Pandora problems.so I deleted the Pandora APP. Loaded Pandora from there web site. Program running with NO problems.
    I realize that I had also reinstalled pandora before my earlier test of reinstalling acrobat. In retrospect I believe it may have been the pandora reinstall that allowed me to play for a longer period although it did pause after maybe 30-45 minutes. Or maybe it was just chance, I'll have to try it more to know. Nothing I've tried yet solved this long term. Seems to be somewhat random as to whether it plays for a while or pauses quickly. And from my observations, always seem to pause near the end of a song.
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    Yes, I've received this problem as well on both the TP and Pre3 about two three weeks ago. I suspect they are just dumping the OS like everyone else! It sucks, I've been during Pandora for over five years now on all my devices, very aggravating!!
    Last edited by Balooz; 04/10/2012 at 09:51 PM. Reason: skipped word
    Quote Originally Posted by dignitary View Post
    What is it with people thinking they can legally just cop the name of the application they're porting as their own? Pandora's legal team will simply love this if they release it with "Pandora" in the name without permission.

I went through legal hell with AOL/SHOUTcast when I told them I intended to use the name "SHOUTcast" for my application, and in the end it came down to two things:

1. Change the name, or
    2. Get ready for a lawsuit.

The flippant intellectual property/trademark infringement in this case is pretty egregious. When someone inevitably taps Pandora to the version already out there in the App Catalog using their name as "Pandora Tablet", you can bet they're gonna come down hard. It's just a matter of time.

I already had to advise the guy who created a Touchpad version of Evernote not to release as Evernote and outline the legal reasons why, and as a result he was able to get through to Evernote and get listed as an "endorsed" (but not official) application under the E-Notes name. That is how you do it. Doing it any other way actually reflects badly not only on the developer, but the platform and community itself as one that doesn't regulate obvious infringement as strongly as they should.

Messing with publicly-traded companies' trademarks is not something you want to be on the other end of.
    We never said we were going to copy the name, and I actually stated in the thread that I was going to change it.

We're trying to avoid legal action as much as possible. Right now it's more of a proof of concept, and once it goes "official" into the catalog, we're going to change the name.

If anyone is interested in an HP Touchpad Pandora app that doesn't randomly pause, looks good, and is functional, please email enyopandora [at] gmail.com
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    Moboy1 likes this.
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    I try to login to the web portion, but it keeps redirecting me back to the "download the app for your device" screen. any way to get it running via the web version, on the pre3?
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Possible solution.

So i finally put mode switcher on my pre 3, and have a mode where if i'm connected to a specific wifi ssid, it will turn off BT, gps, and cellular-data, to save battery.

as soon as i did that. and ran pandora, i did not get one pause, hang, anything, for about a few hours. still going strong actually. so i also paused a song half way, left it paused for about 20 minutes, came back, resumed, no problem.

Also, then recently just turned 3g data back on manually, and within one song had a pause problem. turned 3g data off again, manually, no problems.

so i guess when the phone goes into standby mode (black screen) or something else i guess, pandora may not quite understand which medium to use? i have no idea, but upon disabling data off (except wifi of course) all issues went away.

now, if you are strictly on 3g, not sure yet. maybe turn off wifi and BT and only have 3g data? something tells me that will not fly, but i'll give it a shot on the way home.

anyway, pandora on wifi seems solid without data on, nor BT (don't think BT had much to do with it though).
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakeeeee View Post
    We never said we were going to copy the name, and I actually stated in the thread that I was going to change it.

We're trying to avoid legal action as much as possible. Right now it's more of a proof of concept, and once it goes "official" into the catalog, we're going to change the name.

If anyone is interested in an HP Touchpad Pandora app that doesn't randomly pause, looks good, and is functional, please email enyopandora [at] gmail.com
    Here, here! Mr. (or Mrs.) Dignitary OBVIOUSLY has not read a bit of your thread and is concerning himself in matters that are clearly none of his business other than being a, shall I say, "concerned citizen". You have apparently taken all the right steps and created (judging by the response to this thread alone) a much needed and desired app. A Pandora app that WORKS without pausing. Is that really so much to ask? We've already had our battle with Hulu (http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1247) and WON I might add. It looks like Pandora is next.
    My issue .... Not available in Canada......as a result, it's never been a "Must-Have" app for me.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast