Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    I just love it when people talk or write things like they know what they are talking about but really don't
    There is no hard drive in the TP. There is flash memory built into the main board.
    There are only two ways to get your 16GB TP upgraded to 32GB:
    1). buy a 32GB Touchpad and sell the 16GB Touchpad
    2). Swap the main board out of the 16GB TP with a main board from a 32 GB TP.

I repair Touchpads and sell Touchpad parts, as a part time side business, so if you are daring enough to do it yourself, I will sell you a 32 GB main board for $79.99

I also can do the work for you but once you add my labor in, you're cost is just shy of what you'll pay on the low end of an eBay auction for a 32GB TP..

P.S. If you do the work yourself, I advise you also buy some of the clips that fasten the LCD/digitizer into the case because you'll likely break a few while opening your TP up. These are hard to come by so I won't sell them to you, but will replace any broken ones free on TP's I repair for customers.

TTB
    Can you give me a pointer on where to find the usb board? My daughter messed hers up and I can't find it anywhere. Can I buy it from you?
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    I just love it when people talk or write things like they know what they are talking about but really don't
    There is no hard drive in the TP. There is flash memory built into the main board.
    There are only two ways to get your 16GB TP upgraded to 32GB:
    1). buy a 32GB Touchpad and sell the 16GB Touchpad
    2). Swap the main board out of the 16GB TP with a main board from a 32 GB TP.

I repair Touchpads and sell Touchpad parts, as a part time side business, so if you are daring enough to do it yourself, I will sell you a 32 GB main board for $79.99

I also can do the work for you but once you add my labor in, you're cost is just shy of what you'll pay on the low end of an eBay auction for a 32GB TP..

P.S. If you do the work yourself, I advise you also buy some of the clips that fasten the LCD/digitizer into the case because you'll likely break a few while opening your TP up. These are hard to come by so I won't sell them to you, but will replace any broken ones free on TP's I repair for customers.

TTB
    As this thread mention.. the battery is what I fear the most. I finally managed to get a couple of Touchpads at a decent price and love them, but fear the whole battery dying on me at some point... why oh why can't they simply make these things with easily switchable batteries.

How is the prospect of the stock of batteries and cost of a switch?
    About 50 dollars in ebay, from a chinese provider, 80 oem from someone in the US
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12