Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By sledge007
  1.    #1  
    Just recieved an update for both and will be checking out the newness if any lol
  2.    #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by markawashington View Post
    Just recieved an update for both and will be checking out the newness if any lol
    so its running 2.2.247 for Quickoffice .. Loads super quick. And adobe PDF 10.3.492 still takes 15 years I guess better than 20 years to load. Big improvement though . Anybody else notice the improvements . More detail than detail than I can see. Btw the PDF file I loaded was a 2.15mb file
    Confirm updates are available. Installing....
    Quote Originally Posted by renater View Post
    Confirm updates are available. Installing....
    Don't see the speed improvements on my TP for Adobe? Adobe renderer patch 2.00 doesn't seem to work. Tried Luna, it just ignores the patch.
    Update: also tried mupdf patch 2.06. None of the patches do work. Tried Luna and device restarts for both. Nothing seems to break, it just doesn't work. So if you like to keep your patched Adobe, don't update now. Hope that kjhenrie and the others will update their patch soon. Would be great.

Here is the link to the Adobe patch thread: [PATCH/IPK]Adobe PDF Reader Enhancements
    Last edited by renater; 03/30/2012 at 08:57 PM. Reason: More testing done
    I can confirm that after installing thjs update Quickoffice HD seems so be a lot faster. I use Picsel, but it's a welcome update
    Don't see the speed improvements on my TP for Adobe? Adobe renderer patch 2.00 doesn't seem to work. Tried Luna, it just ignores the patch.
    Update: also tried mupdf patch 2.06. None of the patches do work. Tried Luna and device restarts for both. Nothing seems to break, it just doesn't work. So if you like to keep your patched Adobe, don't update now. Hope that kjhenrie and the others will update their patch soon. Would be great.

Here is the link to the Adobe patch thread: [PATCH/IPK]Adobe PDF Reader Enhancements
    Lol, the app JUST got updated, and it's the weekend.....give it a couple days at least!
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    HelloNNNewman likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    Lol, the app JUST got updated, and it's the weekend.....give it a couple days at least!
    Exactly. It's not realistic to expect an updated patch as soon as the app is updated. So the options would be to not update quickoffice until the adobe patch is updated... Or... perhaps use one of the mupdf versions until the adobe patch is updated, shouldn't that work or am I confused,
    I'm "happy" to report that acrobat does not open anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by elfsoul View Post
    Not sure what you mean with the quotes: "happy"... but Acrobat works fine for me after the update. If yours isn't working, delete any patches for the reader (if you have any) and/or restart the device.
    Quote Originally Posted by elfsoul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Not sure what you mean with the quotes: "happy"... but Acrobat works fine for me after the update. If yours isn't working, delete any patches for the reader (if you have any) and/or restart the device.
    elfsoul, need more detail to understand what you mean. I can tell you that after the last quickoffice update that my acrobat files loaded up fine with acrobat 10.3.492. I assumed the 2.0.0 patch wouldn't work so didn't try. I loaded mupdf patch 2.06 which also worked fine and could load my pdfs with 10.3.383_2.0.6. Then as a double test, I went back to 10.3.492, worked, and again to 10.3.383_2.0.6, worked. Sounds like this might not be working for other, just reporting what I see.

FYI, mupdf patch 2.06 is working fine for me after the quickoffice update. Current acrobat version shows as 10.3.484_2.0.6 and I'm able to read PDF files just fine.

***Update - after going back and forth versions a couple of times, I found myself locked into 10.3.492 and the mupdf patch 2.06 SEEMED to install but the version didn't change from 10.3.492 even after several attempts. So I tried to delete 10.3.492 from software manager but wasn't allowed to. So I went to my apps tab and was able to delete acrobat from there and then was able to load mupdf patch 2.06 and now once again my version shows as 10.3.484_2.0.6 and pdf files load fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    I said just hoping for an update. No demands, no timelines requested. The work they did is awesome. Only said it would be great to see it back.

BTW Deleting Adobe in apps tab and then installing patch does work. So, the problem is just the updating process apparently. Just tried reinstalling mupdf 2.06 successfully.
    Last edited by renater; 04/01/2012 at 03:19 AM. Reason: typos
    Significant difference in speed with QuickOffice and a notable difference in speed with Adobe Reader. Any update is a welcome update.
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    There are two separate updates listed, one for QuickOffice and one for Adobe Reader. So does the existing patched Adobe Reader still work if you only do the QuickOffice update? Or did everyone who got the patch to work after updating do both the updates, then remove Adobe Reader, then re-install the old patched version?
    I modified the version number in the latest patched ipk's (Adobe and MuPDF). Keep in mind that I did not merge any of the enhancements from the version 10.3.492 so at this point you will have to choose whether you want the homebrew patches on 10.3.484 or the Adobe enhancements in 10.3.492. I am not sure what they enhanced in the new version. The modified ipk's can be downloaded from here.

edit: I packaged these but didn't test either version. My TouchPad is currently not available to me. Please report back if you have any issues.
  16.    #16  
    glad to see there is an update lol I never new there were patches for improvements .
    How random would it be to see an Adobe Flash update for webOS lol....
    White Z10, Touchpad 16GB [Retired: Pre 3, Pre 2, Pixi Plus, Pre Plus]
    Back on a BlackBerry after 2 1/2 years with WebOS.

One-step Picasa batch image upload: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ecl-webos.html