Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Hi,
    I mainly use my gadgets for internet radio. I'm a radio junky, I guess. When I was very young I always had a transistor radio on me at all times. Now I mainly use internet radio. So far I've got most of my internet radio stations to work on the Touchpad by buying just about every radio app for the Touchpad I could find. But I can't seem to find anything that will play my CNN US Audio stream.
    The audio is at...

mmsh://mfile.akamai.com/37606/live/reflector:35476.asx?bkup=30465∝=n

It works fine on my PC, and even on my Nokia N800. Yes, I still use one of those. LOL. I like the N800 because it has some decent speakers on it. Internet radio that plays everything, and an FM radio. But my TouchPad has even better speakers on it. So I would love to get all my internet radio stations to work on it. Any help would be great, thanks.

Oh, also, the URL above works on the N800, the this URL...

http://mfile.akamai.com/37606/live/r...30465∝=n

Works on the PC, but neither works on the Touchpad.
    Last edited by paulm64; 03/29/2012 at 08:10 PM. Reason: Additional info
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Bummer. Do you know of any media players for the Touchpad that support this '.asx'?
    What site are you actually going to to get these links? The akamai on the links above tell me that it is going through a provider and not from the actual site. That might help us figure out a way to get it. The provider, Akamai, might be converting it to Windows media and there may be other alternatives.

Also, the top link above didn't work for me and the second only offered a download of the file on my computer.
    have you tried Iheartradio?
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gaitch32 View Post
    What site are you actually going to to get these links? The akamai on the links above tell me that it is going through a provider and not from the actual site. That might help us figure out a way to get it. The provider, Akamai, might be converting it to Windows media and there may be other alternatives.

Also, the top link above didn't work for me and the second only offered a download of the file on my computer.
    I originally found the link by doing a search for "CNN US Audio". There was a forum where someone was looking for a CNN Audio link and another poster shared the link. So I copied the link and have been using it on my N800 ever since.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    have you tried Iheartradio?
    Yes. I've tried them all, I think.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gaitch32 View Post

Yes, I've noticed that it does that on my Windows Vista PC, but it opens the Media player and works on my Windows XP Netbook. Must be something different between XP and Vista.
    It appears that they discontinued some sort of feed.

CNN.com

I was only able to see the message on my PC and with IE. It didn't display right in Firefox.

I found a video feed that that works on the Touchpad.

Watch TV Online CNN News Live USA Feed Live Streaming from USA