Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes
  1.    #1  
    It's been about 4 months since I retired my Pre Minus (upgraded to GS2) and my TP had been collecting dust for about the same time...if not longer.

Recently I heard through the work grapevine that there's a possibility of big brother activities at work, so just to be on the safe side, I decided to wipe the dust off on my TP and bring it into work, and just use the free wif in our bldg.

After about 3 days I suddenly realized why I stuck it out as long as I did with WebOS (5/09-12/11).

The **** just rocks!!

More specifically the multitasking. I've been keeping FB, USA Today, Feedreader, calendar, email and few websites open all day - shuffling through all those apps is such a breeze...soo damm easy! I love my GS2...the massive screen, the apps, the speed, but the one thing I do miss is multitasking....which absolutely SUCKS (even ICS multitasking) on Android. You can keep things open but navigating to those open apps is such a *****!

Soo glad I never got rid of my TP....my $99 TP that is = )
    Palm loyalist: Samsung SGH-i500>Treo 600>650>755P>Pre- #1>>Pre- #2>Pre- #3>Pre- #4>Pre- #5>Pre- #6
    Welcome back home.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Global Posts
    508 Global Posts
    Amen!
    It's good to see that you have begun to appreciate all over again, all the nicest things of what WebOS used to be back when it got released by Palm in '09. The multitasking feature its the greatest things of WebOS in my opinion which the other company has tried to replicate but it doesn't come to it(except for Blackberry). For me the stacking cards of WebOS makes things a lot easier to do, when users are dealing with tons of app cards open.

However, that doesn't mean that its completely perfect and also its have come to the point on a need of a extreme makeover. I would like that HP could bring a decent update to WebOS from 3.0.5 to 4.0, that will bring gestures to the OS making things easier to multitask when stacking-up cards together. Or at least bring some sort of Mission control/expose like Mac OS X to the easy to use-feature of multitasking on the WebOS.

But in everything else, WebOS is a total delight to when it comes to some sort of functionality when using it to browse the web and among others things. Just wished that it could have more app choices in the HP catalog that could really raise the bar on what WebOS can do.
    Owner of an HP TouchPad (32GB) and a brand new Palm Pre 3 (16GB) for VZ wireless.
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    As a fellow early adopter, I can relate to this.

Currently looking for a touchpad to get back into the webos game
    @algee650 - Welcome back to webOS!

Quote Originally Posted by dkmrules View Post
    As a fellow early adopter, I can relate to this.

Currently looking for a touchpad to get back into the webos game
    Run and grab one from Best Buy! HP Touchpad 32 GB + $10 AMEX credit for $150 + tax at BB in-store only
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    @algee650 - Welcome back to webOS!

Run and grab one from Best Buy! HP Touchpad 32 GB + $10 AMEX credit for $150 + tax at BB in-store only
    No dice, I called every best buy within 50 miles.

But I might be picking up a 32gb touchpad tomorrow from a craigslist seller for $210 with a folio case and touchstone included.
    Don't expect to get one for $150. But there are some on Amazon.

Sent from my ICS enabled Touch pad with tapatalk
    ---
    Handspring Visor>Sony 710c>Sony NX60>Sony NX80>Treo 700p>Palm Pre Plus>Went over to the dark side with phone->Samsung Droid Charge
    HP Touchpad!
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Also available from Newegg (refurbished), for $240 and $215 for the 32GB and 16GB models respectively.

Not bad, considering that they include a somewhat nice slip case. Plus, Newegg's RMA policy has always been fantastic.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    I tried coming back, I've been using Android 4.0 ice cream sandwich on my touchpad ... the browser in webos is for me slow. Awkward and sketchy . I would hope they update the browser. But, for now. Writing this from my HP touhpad running ics 4.0
    I've had an Ipad2, I have a SG2 as well, and a touchpad. I still like the TP better than all of them. Just a breath of fresh air to use and so elegant. To me android is so clunky and difficult to use.. even searching isn't as integrated as webOS. Email is also a million times better on WebOS. As is texting. I like the screen and number of apps and speed of my SG2 but i'd rather have those features on webOS.
    running ICS alpha 2 on a 64GB TP. I've got one word for Android, clunky. I don't see why developers don't write for webOS, there's a lot of free apps in Android, with advertising! Why couldn't the same developers write those same apps with ads for webOS? Can someone explain that to me?

its so hard to get around Android, no smooth way to get around at all. Yeah, a plethora of apps, but webOS has spoiled me because it makes so much more sense to multitask and smoothly open and close apps.

In my opinion, Android has along way to go before it ever behaves like webOS. It really sucks. Can't wait to see what can be done with Open webOS.
    Quote Originally Posted by algee650 View Post
    It's been about 4 months since I retired my Pre Minus (upgraded to GS2) and my TP had been collecting dust for about the same time...if not longer.

Recently I heard through the work grapevine that there's a possibility of big brother activities at work, so just to be on the safe side, I decided to wipe the dust off on my TP and bring it into work, and just use the free wif in our bldg.

After about 3 days I suddenly realized why I stuck it out as long as I did with WebOS (5/09-12/11).

The **** just rocks!!

More specifically the multitasking. I've been keeping FB, USA Today, Feedreader, calendar, email and few websites open all day - shuffling through all those apps is such a breeze...soo damm easy! I love my GS2...the massive screen, the apps, the speed, but the one thing I do miss is multitasking....which absolutely SUCKS (even ICS multitasking) on Android. You can keep things open but navigating to those open apps is such a *****!

Soo glad I never got rid of my TP....my $99 TP that is = )
    Welcome back. Its nice to read the enthusiasm from your fresh perspective, giving us all a chance to appreciate what we have received even less than a year ago from the hard work and ingenuity of the Palm staff.

Packing my Pres, Veers and Touchpad for jury duty tomorrow....
    Quote Originally Posted by algee650 View Post
    More specifically the multitasking.
    This is the best part of WebOS
    Have to say multitasking on the phone is so good I can't use can't use any other phone. But I am not that much in love with the touchpad version of webOS

Has anyone noticed that on the phone stacks expand and contract so one can easily tell what's in the stack while the touchpad it expands very little if at all. Or is it just me
    Last edited by laingman; 04/09/2012 at 08:44 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    Have to say multitasking on the phone is so good I can't use can't use any other phone. But I am not that much in love with the touchpad version of webOS

As anyone noticed that on the phone stacks expand and contract so one can easily tell what's in the stack while the touchpad it expands very little if at all. Or is it just me
    Don't know, I am on Sprint and the WebOS dream died prematurely for me!
    Quote Originally Posted by GlennBeck View Post
    Don't know, I am on Sprint and the WebOS dream died prematurely for me!
    You saying you don't use a webOS phone now? Why not a frankenpre on sprint. To me right now it is still better than anything else I have tried
    Quote Originally Posted by khazoury View Post
    I don't see why developers don't write for webOS, there's a lot of free apps in Android, with advertising! Why couldn't the same developers write those same apps with ads for webOS? Can someone explain that to me?
    No more supported ad framework on webOS, which, IMO, is a good thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    You saying you don't use a webOS phone now? Why not a frankenpre on sprint. To me right now it is still better than anything else I have tried
    WebOS lacks apps that i need to use a lot. If webOS had the same apps as iOS or Android I would have never switched. But i need apps for work and WebOS does not have them unfortunately.
    Quote Originally Posted by p41m3r View Post
    No more supported ad framework on webOS, which, IMO, is a good thing.
    Not true at all.

https://github.com/ericblade/mmAdView

Also, I've noticed that some of the ad networks from other apps have started lighting up again recently, like the weather app..
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast