Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree15Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmPixi_User23 View Post
    While very nice way to showcase the HP Touchpad with the things that the device does best like Touch-To-Share among other things. But I hope that you didn't neglect to mention that those features aren't easily accessible due to lack of hardware that is capable of handling Touch-To-Share.
    It wasnt really a 'showcase' or show off in that sense because I wasnt trying to win her over to a discontinued platform. The lack of hardware bit didnt matter because a) she already knew that it was discontinued, and b) for purposes of the conversation (rebutting her uninformed charges and notions) one device each was all we needed.

While nice as a way to show-off the TouchPad capabilities it doesn't utterly impress many people(including me), cause the reality of using Touch-To-Share are very limited in the real world usage.
    I understand that you wont be, you're a geek after all. But ppl in general fall easily for shiny trinkets - however useless. And thats the reaction I always get. You should see the looks registered on faces.

And the usability of connecting your phone with the TouchPad, Awesome thing but it tends to not impress much after awhile.
    Doesnt matter; it impressed then and there, when it needed to.

Today, that little nice OS added functionality does seem to cause much of an impression to most users....Mostly since other Mobile OS's have added voice search functionality(into their devices e.g. Google "Android" or Apple's "iOS") which makes devices seem like a thing of the future. Wishing that HP could be smarter some-way to add this functionality to WebOS "JustType" having the choice to use the keyboard or your voice to search stuff on your device. Now that is way much COOLER, than just typing words into the search box.
    Much can be said of the fact that its yet to be implemented. Maybe its a matter of APIs and infrastructure support or one of priority on past or current roadmaps. Either way, the feature is relatively new and may take time. Copy/paste - undoubtedly a more important feature - didnt come to the iPhone for some time.

I must say though, this feature is in its infancy and is rudimentary at best. The devices arent sophisticated enough to allow for local processing (needs cloud server) or some sort of fallback on cached/local stores in the absence of a connection. I understand its use in marketing the devices but some do argue that "it tends to not impress much after awhile."

Lastly, I think its insane that so many ppl have no qualms w/ their voice prints continuously hitting a bunch of servers in the cloud - even when its admitted that these voice stamps are saved. Should this make it to webOS, I'd be the first to disable it or bow out.
    I still have my Pre-!! Going on 3 years! But, I am picking up the Galaxy Nexus in a couple weeks. I can't take the fact that I'm falling so far behind on the fast growing technology. I can't wait for someone to make another webOS device. The nexus has to be the one for now. I also have to learn android from scratch which doesn't seem that bad. Oh I'm going to miss webOS soooooo much!

So I figure I have the 2 year sign on contract to wait for another webOS device. If they come up with another webOS device within a few months of making the android switch, I will punch myself in my knuts and nose.

Pea soup.
    Last edited by voltageROCK; 04/26/2012 at 05:39 AM.
    I am equivalent to a man dammit.
    Quote Originally Posted by voltageROCK View Post
    I still have my Pre-!! Going on 3 years! But, I am picking up the Galaxy Nexus in a couple weeks. I can't take the fact that I'm falling so far behind on the fast growing technology. I can't wait for someone to make another webOS device. The nexus has to be the one for now. I also have to learn android from scratch which doesn't seem that bad. Oh I'm going to miss webOS soooooo much!

So I figure I have the 2 year sign on contract to wait for another webOS device. If they come up with another webOS device within a few months of making the android switch, I will put myself in my knuts and nose.

Pea soup.
    I would expect webOS to be hacked onto another phone within the year. If I were you, I would pick one of the phones mentioned as compatible. That way, you could come back to webOS before 2 years is up.
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    I have two 32 GB Touchpads - one running CM9 - and my only complaint is a big one. The TP's browser is just too slow.

Now my Pre 3? You'll have to pry it from my cold, dead fingers...
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
    netwrkr9 likes this.
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    I would expect webOS to be hacked onto another phone within the year. If I were you, I would pick one of the phones mentioned as compatible. That way, you could come back to webOS before 2 years is up.
    Where is this list?
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    I've been waiting since last year's bs announcement from HP, and I'm supposed to wait another year? I appreciate your advice but I can't take how slow my Pre- is, or has gotten compared to playing around with the other phones at the sprint stores. I do have the Touchpad so I will have my beloved webOS in the meantime. Plus the Galaxy Nexus is supposed to be amazing aside from the 5mp camera! Also, I'm going to use the touchstone with it. I'll figure out how to get it to work. I have 6 Touchstones that I've purchased thru the years that I want to use.
    I am equivalent to a man dammit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mize View Post
    I have two 32 GB Touchpads - one running CM9 - and my only complaint is a big one. The TP's browser is just too slow.

Now my Pre 3? You'll have to pry it from my cold, dead fingers...
    So which browser do you prefer then? Personally I've tried Dolphin, and while it's a little quicker, I still find myself waiting for the text to "un-blur" and found waiting for webOS browser not that bad. Once it loads, it loads.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    So which browser do you prefer then? Personally I've tried Dolphin, and while it's a little quicker, I still find myself waiting for the text to "un-blur" and found waiting for webOS browser not that bad. Once it loads, it loads.
    IMHO the best tablet browser is iCabmobile. Using it now...
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    I don't have any problem with blur using dolphin HD.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123