Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By midmofan
  1.    #1  
    I hope not.

I was just browsing the interwebz like normal this morning. Suddenly, the browser froze. That happened one time before, but then it initialized a Luna restart. Now, it doesn't do anything anymore. I've triend every button possible including the Power+Home which should force a reboot. Nothing worked.

Okay, I thought. Maybe novaterm can help me out in forcing a reboot. But it isn't recognized anymore at my computer. Even lsusb doesn't show it anymore.

What to do now? I hope I can fix this myself, don't wanna be weeks without my Touchpad as I need it for school and stuff.

Anyone can help me?
    Last edited by GuyFromNam; 05/06/2012 at 03:27 PM.
    Couple things to try:

Power + Volume up + Center button (home) key all at same time

Hold Power button down while pushing center button 10 times
    Vistaus likes this.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by midmofan View Post
    Couple things to try:

Power + Volume up + Center button (home) key all at same time

Hold Power button down while pushing center button 10 times
    Thanks! Took me a few tries that way, but it worked and boots again. Thank you!
    AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $you$ $don$'$t$ $need$ $to$ $hold$ $up$. $That$ $only$ $puts$ $you$ $into$ $USB$ $bootloader$ $mode$ $on$ $reboot$.
    The weird thing about HP devices is the amount of time you have to hold buttons for. I complain that it takes too long for the TP to begin booting after holding power and for the power menu to show.