Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By midmofan
  1.    #1  
    Had a TP issue and went to the HP support page. Of course still under warranty, but decided to try the on-line chat option for support you find here:

Palm Support : TouchPad (Wi-Fi) - Contact us for support via Live Chat

Both times contacted on-line chat, I got a guy that seemed to know what he was doing and resolved my issue with minimal hassle. Got a person on the chat very quickly and didn't give me too much "have you tried resetting your device" crud before we got to the issues.

The responses you get, especially at first (and at the very end of the chat), sure feel like they are automated or short-cut phrases they just "click" and send, but at some point a real human obviously takes over and deals with you.

This experience TONS better than the times where I have ever called in on the phone to just about anybody for tech support.

In all, I went into the on-line chat support not expecting very much and was very pleasantly surprised.

YMMV
    Vistaus likes this.
    I thought both the telephone and chat support were pretty good.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by tracks914 View Post
    I thought both the telephone and chat support were pretty good.
    To be honest, I have not tried HP's Touchpad phone support, only dealt with their phone people when trying to figure out when I would get my firesale TP (NOT a good experiance). Of course I have many many years of dealing with Palm's and Sprint's and many other companies' phone support (Also usually not good: #1 worst of the worst --- SriusXM radio --- love the product, hate their phone people). I did note there was a charge for HP phone support if it was determined it was not a warranty issue, so I went the on-line chat route at least to start and, with this good experience, won't hesitate to do so again
    Last edited by midmofan; 03/27/2012 at 11:02 AM.
    Gal at work got one for her husband. After phone support determined it was defective they told him to send it in. He now had a new one. Pretty darn good support in my book. Dead OS or not !!!
    Quote Originally Posted by midmofan View Post
    Had a TP issue and went to the HP support page. Of course still under warranty, but decided to try the on-line chat option for support you find here:

Palm Support : TouchPad (Wi-Fi) - Contact us for support via Live Chat

Both times contacted on-line chat, I got a guy that seemed to know what he was doing and resolved my issue with minimal hassle. Got a person on the chat very quickly and didn't give me too much "have you tried resetting your device" crud before we got to the issues.

The responses you get, especially at first (and at the very end of the chat), sure feel like they are automated or short-cut phrases they just "click" and send, but at some point a real human obviously takes over and deals with you.

This experience TONS better than the times where I have ever called in on the phone to just about anybody for tech support.

In all, I went into the on-line chat support not expecting very much and was very pleasantly surprised.

YMMV
    I have exactly the same experience. Did contact the chat 1 time only though, but it was indeed a very helpful and friendly support, just like you describe
    As I have said before, I used the on device chat support (thru the help app). As you described no extra trouble shooting, I described what I had done and replacement overnighted.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    pity you get awesome service for something that cant see the light of day atm. (hardware wise anyways)
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    I second every one's opinion her that indeed the touchpad chat support in absolutely wonderful, infact the best one for me out of every other service personnel of other service providers I've contacted before, I''ve contacted them yesterday now regarding my TP which doesn't charge after it ran out of charge completely inspite of trying different chargers with output 1Amp & 2Amp. My original power adapter came out faulty so I could never use it. One chat executive chatted with me for an hour patiently listening to me, & put a replacement order for the Power adapter even though I live in India by accepting my U.S P.O address.