Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks, geekpeter. I haven't installed a chrooted Ubuntu yet. And with all the torrents I'm sucking down now that I got transmission going, soon I won't have space, hah. But I can clear some space of course, I keep putting off doing ubuntu and android but will get there eventually I guess.

Glad I got this working, if for no other reason than to prove it could be done. Figured if optware transmission could be made to work on a RT-N16 router (which works fine btw), then it could be made to work on a touchpad, ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by texasflood View Post
    Thanks, geekpeter. I haven't installed a chrooted Ubuntu yet. And with all the torrents I'm sucking down now that I got transmission going, soon I won't have space, hah. But I can clear some space of course, I keep putting off doing ubuntu and android but will get there eventually I guess.

Glad I got this working, if for no other reason than to prove it could be done. Figured if optware transmission could be made to work on a RT-N16 router (which works fine btw), then it could be made to work on a touchpad, ;-)
    Just wanted to say thanks for updating us on your progress, I wouldn't have been able to do this without your help.

To add a bit for anyone else trying to do this:
    If you want to open your torrent port
    iptables -A INPUT -p tcp --dport 34567 -m state --state NEW -j ACCEPT

still trying to figure out how to stop it...
    Quote Originally Posted by texasflood View Post
    Here's what I found in optware, not familiar with all of those packages, but I use transmission on my Ubuntu laptop.

Running "ipkg-opt list", I see available optware packages, including:

aria2 - 1.12.1-1 - A utility for downloading files. The supported protocols are HTTP(S), FTP, BitTorrent (DHT, PEX, MSE/PE), and Metalink.
    btpd - 0.16-1 - BTPD is a bittorrent client consisting of a daemon and a cli client, which can be used to read and/or manipulate the daemon sta
    ctcs - 1.4.1-10 - CTorrent Control Server (CTCS) is an interface for monitoring and managing Enhanced CTorrent clients
    ctorrent - 1.3.4-2 - CTorrent is a BitTorrent client written in the C programming language.
    enhanced-ctorrent - dnh3.3.2-11 - Enhanced CTorrent is a revised version of CTorrent
    libbt - 1.05-5 - a C library implementing the core BitTorrent protocol
    libtorrent - 0.12.6-1 - libtorrent is a BitTorrent library with a focus on high performance and good code.
    py-bittorrent-common - 5.0.9-2 - BitTorrent is a scatter-gather network file transfer tool.
    py25-bittorrent - 5.0.9-2 - BitTorrent is a scatter-gather network file transfer tool.
    py26-bittorrent - 5.0.9-2 - BitTorrent is a scatter-gather network file transfer tool.
    rtorrent - 0.8.6-1 - rtorrent is a BitTorrent client for ncurses, using the libtorrent library.
    torrent - 1.4-7 - a collection of scripts that processes torrent files
    torrentflux - 2.4-5 - TorrentFlux is an web-based system for managing bit torrent file transfers.
    transmission - 2.42-1 - Lightweight BitTorrent client and daemon, with web interface bundled.
    transmissiond - 1.42-1 - lightweight BitTorrent daemon with CGI WWW interface
    serious? Although I do appreciate your answer I have no idea what all of that stuff means?? I understand and respect your knowledge but can you make it a little simpler for the clueless like me? Don't mean to be rude but I'm kinda clueless..thanks.
    Global Posts
    511 Global Posts
    Great thread, helped me get Transmission working and was an easy intro to opt-ware!

The only thing I want to add is Transmission downloads to the space reserved for kernel memory. A large download will quickly fill that space. After you've finished installing run these commands to change the download location to somewhere in /media/internal. I use the folder transmissiondata, you can use anything just as long as it's in the internal folder.

mkdir /media/internal/transmissiondata
    transmission-daemon -w /media/internal/transmissiondata
    I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.
    Device history: *free feature Phone*x3 -> LG Rumor -> Palm Pre -> HTC Arrive (3days) -> Samsung Nexus S 4G (28 days) -> Samsung Galaxy S II Sprint Epic 4G Touch -> Palm Pre -> Pre 3
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12