1.    #1  
    After a waiting 2 months to get the tablet fixed in the US (and 40 spend on postage) the battery on my touchpad was fixed.

Was very happy to see it rendering something again until I've noticed that 1/3 of the screen doesn't work when I touch it.
    And it's consistent. If I move it around to portrait and landscapte modes the same area doesn't work.
    The device fisically doesn't look damaged. And the image looks ok even on the area that doesn't respond to touch.

I don't think this is a software issue but I don't want to send it back to the states and spend another 40 and two months to get it fixed without trying other options.

Can anyone help me to try out some other things?

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by bsan View Post
    After a waiting 2 months to get the tablet fixed in the US (and 40 spend on postage) the battery on my touchpad was fixed.

Was very happy to see it rendering something again until I've noticed that 1/3 of the screen doesn't work when I touch it.
    And it's consistent. If I move it around to portrait and landscapte modes the same area doesn't work.
    The device fisically doesn't look damaged. And the image looks ok even on the area that doesn't respond to touch.

I don't think this is a software issue but I don't want to send it back to the states and spend another 40 and two months to get it fixed without trying other options.

Can anyone help me to try out some other things?

Thanks.
    Had the same problem with my pre- and pre 3, no way around a repair. Did you doctor it since?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeDeWitt View Post
    Had the same problem with my pre- and pre 3, no way around a repair. Did you doctor it since?
    It just came from repair from HP!
    So you never got a change to fix it right?
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    I'm having the same problem, though intermittently. Sometimes, when I reboot, it's all funcitonal for a while. But inevitably, the dead spots on the screen return. Very annoying. Hoping someone can post a fix.
  5.    #5  
    So contacted HP support and they requested it to be repaired. Is this something that could be done by me? like some connector that they forgot the assemble...? or do they need to replace the hole screen?
    I heard the tabs on the TP are pretty fragile, so you might not want to crack the thing open unless you're great at opening plastic clips.
    Quote Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
    I heard the tabs on the TP are pretty fragile, so you might not want to crack the thing open unless you're great at opening plastic clips.
    From what I've heard(from TopTongueBarry), even if you are great at opening those clips, you still break them.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Had the same issue. Got on the help chat app, and the technician first recommended running the webOS doctor thing. Did that, and problem persisted. Go back on the help chat app, and got authorization for a warranty repair. So if you're still under warranty, HP will fix it for free.

Good luck!