1.    #1  
    I have a bad USB to Micro USB cord on my stock Barrel power supply. I know it's the cord too cause I have two chargers and the good cord works with either barrel. My question is can I use USB to Micro USB cord from a camera on my TP? In other words, are the power pins the same. In even more words is a USB to Micro USB cord the same on the power pins no matter what it is used for?? The cam cord is very good quality and appears to be same or better gauge wire.
    Yep. If it fits, it should work.
    "'Form follows function' — that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Kessler View Post
    Yep. If it fits, it should work.
    Your qualifier in your answer made me look at the micro side of the cord a little closer Derek. Much to my dissapointment, it looks like there are more than one size of micro USB connectors and the cam one is too big. Well, it does sound like I will be ok as long as I can find one for which the fit is correct. Thanks
    yeah if it fits it should work. i had the same issue but my camera used a different usb cable. I had to go to my local Frys store and i found a cable for about $6. In fact, the cable actually worked with my old ipod usb charging block too.

As to the sizes i think there is micro usb and mini usb. your camera is probably like mine, a mini usb. I had no micro usb cables so i had to buy one.

Mini USB on left. Micro USB is on the right and that's what you want I think.

i think this is the one i got http://www.frys.com/product/6671684?...H:MAIN_RSLT_PG but i'm close to brick and mortar Frys stores so no shipping or any of that stuff to make it not worth the price. And it was cheaper then a charger combo from Best Buy and i couldn't find a cheap touchstone or anything. In fact i'm not 100% sure i didn't find one by the same brand in store for $3 that was shorter.

Update: No i just checked. I did get the Cellet 5 inch cable. it looks slighty different but it's a micro usb by cellet and it's 5 inches. I just didn't remember paying $6 for it. but it works. But most cables like these will work to charge.
    Last edited by SnotBoogie; 03/23/2012 at 10:28 PM.
    You come at the king. You best not miss.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by SnotBoogie View Post
    yeah if it fits it should work. i had the same issue but my camera used a different usb cable. I had to go to my local Frys store and i found a cable for about $6. In fact, the cable actually worked with my old ipod usb charging block too.

As to the sizes i think there is micro usb and mini usb. your camera is probably like mine, a mini usb. I had no micro usb cables so i had to buy one. i think this is the one i got FRYS.com | CZI but i'm close to brick and mortar Frys stores so no shipping or any of that stuff to make it not worth the price. And it was cheaper then a charger. In fact i'm not 100% sure i didn't find one by the same brand in store for $3 that was shorter.

Update: No i just checked. I did get the Cellet 5 inch cable. it looks slighty different but it's a micro usb by cellet and it's 5 inches. I just didn't remember paying $6 for it. but it works. But most cables like these will work to charge.
    Thanks, yeah that makes sense. Mini vs Micro USB. I bet I can find one at a reasonable price around here. Wish we had a Frys here in Jacksonville Fla but none yet. Will check out Best Buy and some other stores. I just like having a back up PS. It would have been a rough weekend with out the TP had I not had a back up PS this time,..LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric 32gb View Post
    Thanks, yeah that makes sense. Mini vs Micro USB. I bet I can find one at a reasonable price around here. Wish we had a Frys here in Jacksonville Fla but none yet. Will check out Best Buy and some other stores. I just like having a back up PS. It would have been a rough weekend with out the TP had I not had a back up PS this time,..LOL
    I'm in Cali but like a moron i left mine charger at my Mother's house back East. Then my mom wanted to keep it cause she lost the charger to her samsung Transform. So i figured if i just found a cable i could charge with my laptop. By the way plugging my Pre into my xbox 360 front port also charged it. But i tried to find the mythical $5 touchstones. no dice. No verizon or Sprint store had them or cables. Hell the Sprint people barely knew what a touchstone was. Like they blocked it out of their memory. Verizon was actually worse. "Palm?" Best Buy stuff was too expensive and i didn't find anything at radio shack. I'd suggest any of those sorts of stores that sell cheapish cables and generic sorts of stuff. Luckily Frys is near me and they have loads of that kinda of crap. Like rows of no name earbuds or hard drive enclosures. It's almost like a brick and mortar newegg.

Whoa! Here ya go maybe try these. Found these listed at Walmart. They have those everywhere. V7 6' Micro USB A to Micro USB B Male to Male USB Cable - Walmart.com I search by my zip code and they had them in stock in store. OR it says Free Shipping to store so you could just pick it up when ready. Just over $4. I just did a search on the walmart page for "Micro usb". There were 6 types of cables under about $6.

UPDATE: this is for instore pickup or delivery only. sorry. but shipping to home is only 79 cents and it's free to a store. didn't check the other cables at walmart to see if they had them in store.
    Last edited by SnotBoogie; 03/23/2012 at 10:56 PM.
    You could also try this, which should be an OEM palm micro usb to usb cable
    Amazon.com: Palm Pre Original Smart Phone AC USB Wall Adapter + Original Palm PRE Charging USB 2.0 Data Cable: Cell Phones & Accessories
    The charger part is probably useless to you but the cable should be exactly what you need.
  8.    #8  
    I'm in Cali but like a moron i left mine charger at my Mother's house back East. Then my mom wanted to keep it cause she lost the charger to her samsung Transform. So i figured if i just found a cable i could charge with my laptop. By the way plugging my Pre into my xbox 360 front port also charged it. But i tried to find the mythical $5 touchstones. no dice. No verizon or Sprint store had them or cables. Hell the Sprint people barely knew what a touchstone was. Like they blocked it out of their memory. Verizon was actually worse. "Palm?" Best Buy stuff was too expensive and i didn't find anything at radio shack. I'd suggest any of those sorts of stores that sell cheapish cables and generic sorts of stuff. Luckily Frys is near me and they have loads of that kinda of crap. Like rows of no name earbuds or hard drive enclosures. It's almost like a brick and mortar newegg.

Whoa! Here ya go maybe try these. Found these listed at Walmart. They have those everywhere. V7 6' Micro USB A to Micro USB B Male to Male USB Cable - Walmart.com I search by my zip code and they had them in stock in store. OR it says Free Shipping to store so you could just pick it up when ready. Just over $4. I just did a search on the walmart page for "Micro usb". There were 6 types of cables under about $6.

UPDATE: this is for instore pickup or delivery only. sorry. but shipping to home is only 79 cents and it's free to a store. didn't check the other cables at walmart to see if they had them in store.
    Very nice!! Will check out my local wally world tomorrow. Thanks!!
  9.    #9  

just noticed your update,''oh well, a shopping we will go.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric 32gb View Post
    just noticed your update,''oh well, a shopping we will go.
    yeah sorry. i got excited. i put my zip in but i missread the results. it was showing me results where you could ship to not current stock. Now don't take my word for it. i'd check all those affordable ones. I maybe there is one that tells you if they have any in stock. i only checked the one. Also maybe Target, Office depot or something like that may have a cheapo one. Or if the Palm one the guy above linked i'm sure is good too. That's official. But yeah sorry. Thought i had found one at a place that's everywhere.